Announcing the One-Month Leagues (and Ambush/Invasion Challenge Winners)

"
noobdw wrote:
"
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
ITT.

Far too many people failing to grasp that HC game =/= HC mode.

ARPGs have been around longer than you've been alive, and there's always been "hardcore" which means if you die, your character is gone forever. You are completely ignoring the essence of ARPGs with this ignorant comment.

Dark souls is a hardcore game, try defining hc now :P

Dark Souls were casual compared to Demon Souls :)
Topkek
"
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
ITT.

Far too many people failing to grasp that HC game =/= HC mode.

ARPGs have been around longer than you've been alive, and there's always been "hardcore" which means if you die, your character is gone forever. You are completely ignoring the essence of ARPGs with this ignorant comment.

No, I'm not ignoring that.

I completely accepted HC mode, I spoke of HC mode.

What I said was HC game does not mean HC mode.

And FWIW, I'm 46 years old.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Jul 7, 2014, 1:14:34 PM
"
2spaedes wrote:
I don't post very often but I was also very much looking forward to some sort of HC event, a month is a long time to wait for the next 4 month leagues.

Sums up my opinions on this.
Take care out there.
Voll's Devotion!!!!
"this item could only drop in the Anarchy and Onslaught challenge leagues."

Can Volls drop again please some1 tell me it can :DDD

Hype !
Hahahaha, and everyone said it was going to be a hardcore league.
"
Waves_blade wrote:
"
jarlaxelb wrote:
"
Tian_Yihao wrote:
And besides, as said tons of times, but no SC player can read AND understand this: HC players only want an OPTION for HC, and we would be TOTALLY fine with a SC option as well.

gonna go ahead and re-iterate this

Oh, I understand it.

But, before the mods took a razor blade to the announcement thread, every other HC post (and some still do) snobbed softcore every chance they got.

How hard is it to say,

"I wish there was a hardcore league version."

Instead of

"I wish there was a hardcore league version, SC sucks, there's no challenge in that boring snoozefest."

There are bad apples in every bunch, I'm sorry the second style of comment ruffles your feathers so much. I may have thick skin, but SC players often come up with 'altf4core' and stupid crap like that, and it doesn't offend me one bit.

If you really like softcore, it shouldn't bother you what other people think of that game mode anyways.

[Removed by Support]

But that is only my opinion, and I'm sure you and the other SC'ers will just dismiss it as an 'HC elitist rant'.
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Jul 7, 2014, 1:20:22 PM
"
jarlaxelb wrote:
This thread really proves alot about the maturity level of the 2 different leagues. HC players simply asking "Why not both?" and getting bombarded by SC apologists who immediately get on the defensive.

HC players aren't being 'elitist' they are just asking for an HC variant so they can enjoy the league while SC enjoys theirs. No need for everyone to start hating on everyone else.

Is maturity ganging up on GGG making them feel bad because they did one race that was not HC, out of the countless HC races? Is that fair, is that really mature? Some of the comments I have read are so immature its astounding. There are immature people on both sides of the spectrum, don't be so blind.
"
TootsieBlatz wrote:
"
Anyway i think this marks a turning point in GGG's philosophy. They obviously don't care very much about HC anymore. It's just a shame because they prided themselves in making a hardcore game for hardcore gamers back in beta. I'm afraid we'll never see a good HC league ever again. I just wish they'd at least explain themselves rather than turn their backs on the most dedicated portion of their playerbase.

I completely agree with you. I also thought that "Hardcore" was supposed to be part of PoE's brand. Personally, I don't see why people are directing their disappointment toward each other. Just play the game if you want to, and don't if you don't.

there is nothing 'hardcore' in a game with built-in 'chicken out' button (logout)

and ggg have repeatedly stated that by hardcore they mean grind. not skill (theyve used other words like commitment and other veiled suggestions but skill wasnt mentioned at all)

as for the entire drama (That gave me a GOOD laugh while reading):

dear 5% HC community: youll have to get over it. most of you have stopped playing invasion weeks ago 'waiting for new leagues'. so you can wait a bit longer

on the other hand this is the SECOND SC event ever and you know what? im glad it is that way. 2 week charity was HC and people were ok with that. but once HC people are denied their 'bragging rights' they go full banana

dear HC minority - you are a minority and catering to your whims at all times makes little sense from business perspective and from social perspective. last official ggg statistics were 1/5 hc/sc so make your own conclusions

again, how many sc races were there in season 8?

"
LegendAscend wrote:
"
jarlaxelb wrote:
This thread really proves alot about the maturity level of the 2 different leagues. HC players simply asking "Why not both?" and getting bombarded by SC apologists who immediately get on the defensive.

HC players aren't being 'elitist' they are just asking for an HC variant so they can enjoy the league while SC enjoys theirs. No need for everyone to start hating on everyone else.

Is maturity ganging up on GGG making them feel bad because they did one race that was not HC, out of the countless HC races? Is that fair, is that really mature? Some of the comments I have read are so immature its astounding. There are immature people on both sides of the spectrum, don't be so blind.

if we had any legit reason to gang up on GGG it would be for their inability to properly balance their game, and that this 1mo SC league is a cop out.
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

It's saying that HC game play is not exclusive to HC mode.

Ah ok, ya I agree.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info