Content Update 1.1.5 Teaser Video

"
cgexile wrote:
Before people cry OP on this staff, you should understand that it won't be easy to actually use this staff *because* of its cast speed. You will need ridiculous mana and regen to mitigate the mana drain - especially as a 6L. So you will get excited about that 79% cast speed until you see your mana disappear in a few seconds :) Now I'm not saying it's impossible to offset this but... it will not be easy by any means, which is why it's not OP.

If I am correct you will cast spell 2 times with 30% more mana cost...
It doesn't look so bad compare to situation when you cast spell 2 times with faster casting and pay mana cost for each cast!
"
Langhun wrote:
"
cgexile wrote:
Before people cry OP on this staff, you should understand that it won't be easy to actually use this staff *because* of its cast speed. You will need ridiculous mana and regen to mitigate the mana drain - especially as a 6L. So you will get excited about that 79% cast speed until you see your mana disappear in a few seconds :) Now I'm not saying it's impossible to offset this but... it will not be easy by any means, which is why it's not OP.

It doesn't look so bad compare to situation when you cast spell 2 times with faster casting and pay mana cost for each cast!

Because it does 2 casts it has a better mana/cast ratio. However Spell Echo has 50% MORE cast speed (assuming 70% @ level 20), so you're getting a lot more casts/sec. That's why the mana cost will be insane with Echo.
Ball lighting cannot be scaled with conc effect or gmp, has low crit as usual and terrible dmg effectiveness for supports. It is gonna be crap like all lightning skills.

EK's base damage nerf .... Dumb. 'nuff said. Was not even called for by the community.

That item (staff) will be nerfed and we will have more legacies in dumpster leagues no one gives a fuck about.

But yeah, patch hype for more path of mtx sales of course!!!!!!
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
Ball lighting cannot be scaled with conc effect or gmp, has low crit as usual and terrible dmg effectiveness for supports. It is gonna be crap like all lightning skills.

EK's base damage nerf .... Dumb. 'nuff said. Was not even called for by the community.

That item (staff) will be nerfed and we will have more legacies in dumpster leagues no one gives a fuck about.

But yeah, patch hype for more path of mtx sales of course!!!!!!

Attention please!
Here is the negative guy D:
"
abbarnes wrote:
Spoiler
"
Langhun wrote:
"
cgexile wrote:

Because it does 2 casts it has a better mana/cast ratio. However Spell Echo has 50% MORE cast speed (assuming 70% @ level 20), so you're getting a lot more casts/sec. That's why the mana cost will be insane with Echo.

The video mentions that total cast speed is 79%, which is insane (and that's just the staff alone w/o passives) and becomes problematic for high frequency spells like incinerate (my build). But it will be fun to test out. The good news is that because of the insane cast speed we could actually spec out of some cast speed passives and put that towards something else.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Last edited by cgexile on Jun 30, 2014, 11:12:14 AM
Do we know whether Spell Echo/ Ball Lightning will be quest rewards, and what quests/classes will get them?
I kind of want to assume Spell Echo will be in the same quest for int-ish characters where other classes get multistrike. But besides that, any info?
Why am I wearing a heavy belt if I haven't got any pants?
Ball Lightning AND Spell Echo in the same patch.

Looks like I'm back in for another season.
"Witty remark."

Talisman SC
IGN: HerbalD
"
Archwizard wrote:
"
60x7 wrote:
"
Sure, but that 'certain point' is in terms of dozens of interesting combos, and i'm going to run out eventually.

And don't worry, they're doing both. It's something that I encounter a lot as a dev myself, people seem to assume that a company producing multiple products/features means they are mutually exclusive, that's not the case. The resources they have working on other content will be reasonably distinct from the resources focusing on balance and skills, so it's not actually a reasonable assumption/complaint to assume that work on one necessarily hinders the other to any substantial extent.

That would be a good point if I had said that work on one detracted from work on the other. I did not.

Actually, that's precisely what you did.

"
60x7 wrote:
After a certain point its same shit different graphics and personally I'd rather they focus on expanding content over different skill types and graphics. especially when there are already so many skills to choose from.

The bolded sentence is where you did that. In order for that sentence to make any sense at all, you would have to think that the team working on skills and graphics should be reassigned to working on new content.

I said focus on one, not that they needed to abandon one for the other....seems easy to understand? I am fully aware that they can do both my point is that after a certain point it becomes redundant to have so many different skills that ultimately do the same thing. Which is kill stuff. A focus shift means to redirect your efforts in another direction but doesn't necessarily mean you abandon all other efforts as a result. Here's an example: I am focused on saving money right now but that does not mean I have abandoned paying my bills. See how that works? I suppose however that you can leap to whatever conclusions and make whatever assumptions that you feel will fit your case.
Saved
Last edited by 60x7 on Jun 30, 2014, 12:24:37 PM
Hi

Cool. This video is a total tease considering that Ziggy wore all MTX's haha for all of video.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
vaal discipline + vaal righteous fire will kill many things.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info