Content Update 1.1.5 Teaser Video

"
Ryouko wrote:
"
Nycro wrote:
So casters are getting a huge buff with spell echo leaving melee even further in the dust.

GG GGG

lol which game are you playing? it's not PoE, that's for sure :D
Melee is RLY strong right now and most of the caster builds are kinda crap.

currently only fire burn builds are good and maybe selfcast arc. Echo wont buff these builds and will help other weak caster builds.

Just my opnion, dont take this too serious... but I think both of you are wrong.

Strongest builds arent melee neither self cast. Both suck then.

Top builds atm:

Low life Spectral Throw / Wand
Low life Mjolnir
Coc with Barrage / Spectral Throw / Cyclone
Mjolnir

None of theses are melee or self cast. So I think both are wrong. Again, dont take this too serious!
"
Morianou wrote:
Why did you nerf EK ? The prob was CoC... not EK. =(

To me the "nerf" to EK doesn't seem that drastic. Yes you have 20% reduced damage but also 20% reduced cast time (.8 cast time down from 1 second or 1.2 attacks per second).

So the numbers seem look like this;

Level 1 EK (pre patch)
Damage: 8-11
Cast time: 1
DPS: 9.5

Level 1 EK (post patch)
Damage: 7.6 (20% reduced damage)
Cast time: .8 (20% reduced cast time)
DPS: 9.12

Level 10 EK (pre patch)
Damage: 95-143
DPS: 119

Level 10 EK (post patch)
Damage: 95.2 (20% reduced damage)
DPS: 114.2

Level 20 EK (pre patch)
Damage 435-652
DPS: 543.5

Level 20 EK (post patch)
Damage: 434.8 (20% reduced damage)
DPS: 521.8

Seems like a trivial "nerf". This along with 20% reduced mana cost will balance out the skill.
Hardcore --> Onslaught --> Nemesis --> Invasion --> Bloodlines --> Tempest --> Standard...
Last edited by Its4u2n0 on Jul 1, 2014, 12:20:59 PM
"
Its4u2n0 wrote:
"
Morianou wrote:
Why did you nerf EK ? The prob was CoC... not EK. =(

To me the "nerf" to EK doesn't seem that drastic. Yes you have 20% reduced damage but also 20% reduced cast time (.8 cast time down from 1 second or 1.2 attacks per second).

So the numbers seem look like this;

Level 1 EK (pre patch)
Damage: 8-11
DPS: 9.5

Level 1 EK (post patch)
Damage: 7.6 (20% reduced damage)
DPS: 9.12

Level 10 EK (pre patch)
Damage: 95-143
DPS: 119

Level 10 EK (post patch)
Damage: 95.2 (20% reduced damage)
DPS: 114.2

Level 20 EK (pre patch)
Damage 435-652
DPS: 543.5

Level 20 EK (post patch)
Damage: 434.8 (20% reduced damage)
DPS: 521.8

Seems like a trivial "nerf". This along with 20% reduced mana cost will balance out the skill.

Nice job, but I think this is too raw to reach a final conclusion. There's echo coming which increases cast speed BY A LOT but also decreases the damage. Maybe they saw that the less damage plus the huge bonus in cast speed was too powerful. So the damage that was already high didnt decrease enough with the huge cast speed.

Boosting the cast speed and decrease the damage makes that the damage will lower even more than before. And cast speed would be incredible fast anyways with echo gem, so it really dont count as a "plus".

And when you stack a lot of multipliers, crits, and so on, minor ammounts of damage make huge difference... You usually dont want to cast a looooot, you want to kill as fast as possible. Echo gem are already fast enough I think.

But I still think that CoC are more effective anyways and this would be a nerf. Since they generally use Chain in EK, so it lower even more the damage.
Last edited by swib on Jul 1, 2014, 1:30:03 PM
Black Hole portal looks pretty sweet. I'm a member of the minority of folks who liked the beta portal effect (that eerie, black void) better than the release portal effect, so it looks like I'll be picking up the new one!
Hmmm...

0.8s cast time speed on EK means 1.25 attacks "each second", or am I wrong? (1 attack takes 0.8 seconds, hence 5 attacks take 4 seconds, so 5/4 attack/second = 1.25 attacks each second)

In this case, with the numbers given by Its4u2n0 on lvl20 EK post patch you get the same amount of dps as the prepatch one: 434.8*1.25 = 543.5 ... hence no dps nerf.

(the same happens at every level, since 1.25 = 0.8^-1)
Last edited by Froz1984 on Jul 1, 2014, 2:12:17 PM
"
But I still think that CoC are more effective anyways and this would be a nerf. Since they generally use Chain in EK, so it lower even more the damage.

Ugh, don't get me started on CoC.. Haha, I personally dislike this support for many reasons. It seems to "break" the spells mechanics by bypassing their cast speed with no negative consequences. e.g. EK, (post patch) is 1 second cast time. You link with CoC and you can cast an abusive amount of knives and completely neglect the base spell stats. I think to balance CoC they either need to have mechanics check the players cast speed and limit it to this. Or simply add a "less" multiplier. It just seems counter intuitive and broken imo.

"
Zedda wrote:
"
Its4u2n0 wrote:
To me the "nerf" to EK doesn't seem that drastic. Yes you have 20% reduced damage but also 20% reduced cast time

Cast time is absolutely meaningless on a CoC build.

My point exactly..
Hardcore --> Onslaught --> Nemesis --> Invasion --> Bloodlines --> Tempest --> Standard...
Last edited by Its4u2n0 on Jul 1, 2014, 2:30:18 PM
"
Its4u2n0 wrote:
To me the "nerf" to EK doesn't seem that drastic. Yes you have 20% reduced damage but also 20% reduced cast time

Cast time is absolutely meaningless on a CoC build.

However this is more of a nerf than you might think even for self-cast EK builds. You're dealing phy dmg, and you're hitting mobs with armor. When you're hitting something with a lot of armor, it is far better to have a slow-casting but very powerful physical spell than it is to have a faster casting, but weaker physical spell.

I'm very disappointed by this nerf though, as I'm currently in the process of leveling a CoC character (lvl 60 now). I've seen a high-end whirlwind CoC EK build in action. Yes it's powerful. It kills mobs fast, and is therefore fun. Why must we spend 20%+ extra time killing mobs? That's just not fun.

I think a better solution would have been to buff some other under-rated / under-used spells/skills.

Yes CoC is powerful. It's also very fun. It also borderline *requires* a 6L (can be done with less, but not as effective) Players with a 6L generally have good gear (or sacrifice stats for a Tabula) so it only stands to reason that a player with a 6L would be powerful.

No reason to nerf CoC. It's an awesome end-game mechanic that makes the game more fun.
Player since closed beta 2012. Full system specs: https://pastebin.com/c4rvbvSR
'Tongueslurp the Unspeakable' - skeleton archer in Fellshrine Merciless
Last edited by Zedda on Jul 1, 2014, 2:29:32 PM
It might be interesting nerf to add to CoC support gem, that spells cannot proc more times than the cast time of the spells (with some incentive ofc, so the spell would be still sort off viable , like 50% flat cast speed improvement on the supported gems. So you would have chance to cast 2x EK per second and no multiple proc.
(yes, i don't like CoC either)
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
Froz1984 wrote:
Hmmm...

0.8s cast time speed on EK means 1.25 attacks "each second", or am I wrong? (1 attack takes 0.8 seconds, hence 5 attacks take 4 seconds, so 5/4 attack/second = 1.25 attacks each second)

In this case, with the numbers given by Its4u2n0 on lvl20 EK post patch you get the same amount of dps as the prepatch one: 434.8*1.25 = 543.5 ... hence no dps nerf.

(the same happens at every level, since 1.25 = 0.8^-1)

A 1 second cooldown reduced by 20% would be .8 cast time, therefore 1.2 casts per second. Look at it like this; lvl 20 faster casting on EK increases the cast speed by 39%. So it would be .61 cast time or 1.39 casts per second.
Vaal RF, another rip-maker! lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info