Content Update 1.1.5 Teaser Video

"
Mateo_swe wrote:
"
krone7 wrote:
"
Mateo_swe wrote:
I hate you GGG, why you have to destroy my favorite game all the time?
Nerf after nerf...

Why nerf EK?
The most stupid move you have ever done, although, you have made many bad stupid things and maybe some easily counted good ones.
EK is absolutely not overpowered even maybe underpowered.
If you have a problem it is wrongly utillized toghether with CoC then nerf CoC for gods sake...
If this comes true i quit POE.

Bye bye....

Cya then.

Dont cry to long bro, i wont miss you...

You suck at this whole leaving thing.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
EK will be better for Crit Self cast builds. I might even try it myself if i will go for HC league.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
Mateo_swe wrote:
It doesnt seem that EK is so bad out after the patch after all, 20% reduced dmg but increased castspeed and reduced mana, maybee it will even out.
However, the sad things about this game is it has an so extensive skill tree but, the constant nerfs and low settings on skills make just a handfull builds viable.
Isn't the idea of a vast skilltree with endless possibilities kind of destroyed if 99.99% of the builds possible is not viable?
We just can do a few paths, the ones that work in endgame.
This idea that what PoE was from the beginning, isn't alive today.
You HAVE to do one of the confirmed viable builds or you will do really shit, this is very sad.
And its all because GGG just so afraid someone going to do a little high damage so they take away all possibilities for variation in builds.
Also, they obviously thinks all players have the best items possible, even though they set MF so low its even more chance win a 10 million lottery that find a shavs armour.
Probably because they only talk with streamers who get all things free or maybe even from GGG.

I really love this game...
I really hate GGG...
I promise you that 70% of the PoE players haven't even get to try killing Atziri.
But what do GGG care, they only care about the publicity and the high end wealthy players.
They even don't want most people to get to try Atziri.
If they wanted to, they would have made gear possible to find to do that.
Its the core that is rotten in GGG, they need totaly new management.
Obviosly GGG have a wish we should be constantly searching for the few skills that hasen´t been nerfed or has been overlooked.
This is the challenge of PoE......
99.9% do same builds...the only viable ones..
With a skilltree that is huge... for what reason?
In the homepage i read, PoE is an game that we made as we, the gamers ourselves want it to be...

Eat my shorts you want a game to be like this...
.Just a few viable builds.
.The best builds are constantly nerfed.
.Even already bad skills nerfed.
.So low MF its practically impossible to find highest items (Even if you play endgame 24 hours/day)

Its almost like you want your own game to die.
Why you dont give players the gaming experience they want?

I promise you 99% of players are hugely dissaponted after they get over the first hype and understand how this works.

Bad GGG, bad...

I agree with the MF statement. But I disagree a bit from the viable builds, though. We have plenty options already, sure some take same aspects, but comon thats okay and cant be changed too much. I have at least 4 / 5 builds besides mine that I would love to try. But of course I wont, it's already hard and expansive mantain one... and like you said we just dont find the items we want. You have to farm non stop alterations, transform in fuse and grow ur currency. At least farming are working very well for me, but I would prefer dropping something worthy :D

What I think is most sad about MF is that they manipulate the drops. You cant expect any RNG/lucky, you will drop whatever and whenever they want to.

I searched for atziri fragments to do the atziri. Someday I was finding pretty quick the midnight. A guy of my friend list noticed that I was searching for the fragments and he said he was looking for it too. He said that he got almost 9 / 10 sets, at same time that I was looking for it too. His value are close of mine. Then I did 11 in a row and went to look for the set again, no "luck". I spent almost 4 days to get ˜10 again. I got 12 and I'm doing that again.

You cant expect to fool a player that play many hours in a row. He can notice what is RNG and what is not. Its the same like uniques, I dropped almost 2 saffel frame in a row yesterday. And it happens a lot with another items. You just cant fool who plays a lot, everyone that played a lot can see that you are throwing some items at some times. That's not RNG, that's you doing whatever and whenever you want with the items in the server.

I would be happy if everything was just luck... would be so much fair and honest with people that play. By the way I didnt noticed anything with the previous patch regarding the rarity of the items. I keep dropping the same s**** that I sell to NPC everytime. Lost count how many orb of chance I used too... without any success. Dont know about the chance, but after I already saw... I think it will only roll a unique if you guys want it to roll too. Dont matter how many I use. When my char will have a flag to roll, it will roll. But I have over 400 in stash and it takes a lot of space, so I will use it anyway. And no, I will not sell them to the guy who have the flag to roll the unique. I will spent all of them even if I will never get a roll.

About the patch... I'm pretty hyped and I think echo is awesome. I play low life spectral throw so I cant use it in my build. Maybe with cwdt and ic... but dont matter... awesome addition. I like OP things. So i dont care if this is OP... the more OP the more the awesomeness.
Last edited by swib on Jun 30, 2014, 5:06:42 PM
I agree with much you say, the RNG are far from random.
WE should demand a TRUE random drop in this game (display an easy formula also), not depending on GGG choosed factors.
Looks very good!!! Can't wait!
Last edited by Emurox on Jun 30, 2014, 5:47:14 PM
"
Archwizard wrote:
"
60x7 wrote:
I said focus on one, not that they needed to abandon one for the other....seems easy to understand? I am fully aware that they can do both my point is that after a certain point it becomes redundant to have so many different skills that ultimately do the same thing. Which is kill stuff. A focus shift means to redirect your efforts in another direction but doesn't necessarily mean you abandon all other efforts as a result. Here's an example: I am focused on saving money right now but that does not mean I have abandoned paying my bills. See how that works? I suppose however that you can leap to whatever conclusions and make whatever assumptions that you feel will fit your case.

In order for this to be valid you have to assume that the team working on one thing has the same skill set as the team working on the other.

Your example works the same skillset: managing money.

Coding skills and making mtxs are not necessarily the same skillset as designing levels, coding monsters, writing story/lore, and everything else that goes in content design.

It's the same faulty logic that everyone who decries mtxs instead of desync makes. The people that do one are totally different people than do the other.

Therefore, for your original assertion to be valid you would be proposing firing people from one team (skills/mtxs) to hire people for the other team (content) coupled with the assumption that more people on the content team would be beneficial.

Clearly you lack a basic understanding of logic since you're arguing points I never made. I see you trying to use logic but it's not really working. You should stop trying so hard to see your own point of view and read what I said. This was never about what team does what and or the reallocation of resouces for the programmers and what they're coding. It was ONLY about the fact that after a certain point having 20 million ways to kill things in the game is redundant. Hopefully this clears things up for you. If not I've said enough so if my point isn't clear I'm not explaining myself further. Have a nice day.
Saved
Last edited by 60x7 on Jun 30, 2014, 5:52:03 PM
drop onto a hot stone. thats the patch is for me pretty much. :/

kinda all the "new" MTX that just distracting from the problems the game might or might not have.

hope for the 2.0 patch
Last edited by puriburY on Jun 30, 2014, 8:20:00 PM
"
Mateo_swe wrote:
WE should demand a TRUE random drop in this game (display an easy formula also), not depending on GGG choosed factors.

Re: This and the post above it. You guys have no idea how random works do you?

Sure, it's weighted random, but it's still random.

Let's stipulate that the random( x ) function returns a number from 0 to x-1 (e.g. random( 100 ) returns 0 to 99.)

switch( random( 1000 ) )
{
case 0:
if( !random( 10000 ) )
{
drop_shavs();
}
else
{
drop_crown_of_thorns();
}
break;
case 1..999:
{
drop_crown_of_thorns();
}
break;
}

In this example, you will have a 1 in 10,000,000 chance to get a Shav's, and a 9,999,999 in 10,000,000 chance to get a Crown of Thorns. It's incredibly biased RNG, but it's still RNG.

PS
Mateo you still suck at leaving.

-Galileo Galilei
"
Archwizard wrote:
"
Mateo_swe wrote:

Re: This and the post above it. You guys have no idea how random works do you?

Sure, it's weighted random, but it's still random.

Let's stipulate that the random( x ) function returns a number from 0 to x-1 (e.g. random( 100 ) returns 0 to 99.)

switch( random( 1000 ) )
{
case 0:
if( !random( 10000 ) )
{
drop_shavs();
}
else
{
drop_crown_of_thorns();
}
break;
case 1..999:
{
drop_crown_of_thorns();
}
break;
}

In this example, you will have a 1 in 10,000,000 chance to get a Shav's, and a 9,999,999 in 10,000,000 chance to get a Crown of Thorns. It's incredibly biased RNG, but it's still RNG.

PS
Mateo you still suck at leaving.

Of course I dont have an idea.... how silly of me, I should quit my career of programmer.

Any more wrong assumption to make? No???! Ok. I know that the random should be weighted. In fact, the previous patch make sure to let it be clear they were changing the % in each weight/tier. To drop less useless uniques (wider ranger) and to drop a bit more nice uniques (the narrow ranger).

I'm just saying that I dont think they do what they claim to do. And I think I understand very well what they are saying that they do, what are random and a biased random.

You are just saying that I'm wrong and dont have a idea how things work because you think different, that's pathetic.

I didnt said that I would post proof or would make sure that what I said is the absolute true. I just think that I'm an experencied player and didnt felt that system work like they claim. Some people that I know think the same. But you cant proof too that the system work like they said just because they said.

I just posted my personal experience, and I think they try to fool people claiming that the drop are random. Just that. If you have a different experience you could aggregate.

Even if your experience are different or you think different, dont worry, I will not try to assume that you dont understand somethings.

All that I can do is to share my experience, I play with few people that think the same too. We are 100% right? No, but it could be a good lead. We play a lot of hours, almost everyday. Somedays that I'm playing I drop a lot of certain orbs, and it are different each day. Uniques, like I said happens to drop equals a lot too. I dont know which tier saffels frame belongs, but drop almost two in a row? In a short interval? And the same pattern repeat in other uniques? Well you could call that "luck", but why not be luck then to drop shav/crown/mjolner/windripper? My friend share of the same "luck" of mine, a streak of certain uniques in a short interval, but never not luck enough to drop the high tier items... If you are rolling in a tier that are more common, in there have more items too, a lot more of items. If you drop the same in a short period would be hard too. But that happens often with me.

What I think it tells me? That they want that this item drop in this interval. That is random? No, it isnt.

I farm for hours atziri fragments in a certain day and get a lot of midnight, almost like the same ratio of the others fragments. A guy that dont play often with me, but have me in the friend list notice that I'm farming it. He share his experience that he dropped a lot of midnight too. Ok, you can call that luck, luck to drop midnight? But why not other things? Like a mjolner/shavs? It was a lot different from the others days and what I'm going through now. It's so f***** get midnights now. But in this day was easy for me, was easy for him. What does it tells me? That they manipulate drops. Not that I'm luck, why I could be so luck for theses things and not to drop a high tier unique? Dont make even sense.

Not complaining that I'm poor in the game or anything, I'm not. I can do atziri, have a nice gear and so on. But with a lot of minor trades. Lot of farm, not because I'm selling high tier uniques that I dropped myself.

That's my experience of tons of hours of gameplay. I think a lot weird too how theses people can make item to mirror service like isnt tomorrow. I dont know about you, but I only dropped 1 (one) eternal orb until now, others friend dropped only one too and other didnt dropped one yet. To make a gear to offer mirror service you should spend a lot of them.... where they come from, I have no idea.
Last edited by swib on Jun 30, 2014, 9:22:03 PM
Oh, so you just assume GGG is lying then?

Gotcha.

-Galileo Galilei

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info