Update on Expansion Development Timeline

"
While it's far too early for us to tease its contents, we're very confident that it will be answer many of the requests of existing players, while also helping ease new players into Wraeclast. We've learned a lot from Sacrifice of the Vaal and have factored in masses of your feedback into the next expansion.

So finaly less desync? Because nothing was more requested by players if you count the forum threads/posts in, followed by better game-performance. ;)
I personaly would not need anything else, just these 2 tiny little things to come back to PoE. ^^
IM very worried about how much people will be left able to play poe after those expansions, what was left of my friends playing poe quit purely due to them only able to play at full fps in half the areas in the game, and when you hit maps its the worst due to shocking ground ( any type of ground effect tbh...)

"Damn our quality standards and ambitious plans :)" What? quality implies something works WELL, Chris :( you know as well as I know that so much people cannot enjoy poe due to just too much bullshit being drawn on screen this is like...the only issue with poe...(the limitation of not being able to use X cpu and gpu because they DON'T work with poe but there is 0 info, i could buy a brand new pc for 700$ come back home and lag if i don't know what reason it is that poe does it....)

Can you explain to us at least why NO ONE seems to be working on it? if your game was meant for TOP pc, Then give us the specs needed to run poe FLAWLESSLY what the fuck is poe eating my cpu so hard for? why is poe using 0 cpu on my friends and 100% gpu, Why is poe....so poorly optimized..I see so much people needing to upgrade there pc for poe and after being just disapointed because upgrading your pc wont do shit unless your upgrading the problem and the problem is simply unknown because it ONLY happens in poe...why? why can I play Crysis warhead with those friends but we hop on poe and our pcs melt? Poe making my pc run 12fps in most important times and 230+fps (no vsync 60 with vsync) the other rest of the time Q__Q.

To this I say, fuck quality :( I am so sick of lagging, reading that your adding more lag just makes me anxious as Hell because I cant afford new pc and I know oneday poe will require it. and that day I hope I can aford it.
hit me up @sarrow lets have fun :D
"
Moeeom123 wrote:
I wanted to let GGG know that one of their players would like to see some enjoyable trading in the game after 2 years.

It's barely been a year and a half since trading was implemented. They've been working on a new trading system for a while now, and they'll release it when it's ready. I, for one, hope they test it thoroughly and take however long they need to make sure it works properly and duping etc. isn't possible.

Edit: Sawm, try contacting Support if you haven't already.
Last edited by HolyXzer on Jun 13, 2014, 11:04:38 AM
"
Tuftronic wrote:
I hope the mini-expansion includes:

1. Massively increased drop rate of some of the better Unique items. Possibly even smart(er) rare drops at higher levels as upgrades are very hard to obtain(they are absolutely fine at lower levels). Also needed is a reimagining of what makes legendary items fun. See Diablo III expansion. They added a huge amount of fun/useful effects to a lot of their legendary/set items. There is even a legendary that spawns a pack of rare champion mobs whenever you activate a shrine. Awesome and fun.

And why is this such an important thing to see in an expansion? [Player Retention] Because mine and others current play sessions go like this:

Log on, quest or farm a couple of hours. Get no rare upgrades. Consider ones self lucky if even 1 low level legendary item drops. Know without a doubt that if a legendary item does drop, it will be a low leveling (boring/crappy) type legendary.

Always receive too few good (alchemist/chaos) orbs to craft with in an attempt to compensate for bad RNG/Item design.

Realize that no reasonable amount of play time will present me with fun item upgrades. Log off and play a boring, easy Diablo game since you can actually get good/fun legendary drops frequently. Sit around Wishing that PoE designers would realize how boring the loot hunt is in this game.

You are at a state with your game in regards to loot drop rates and design that Diablo was before their expansion. Don't get me wrong, that game still sucks...but they did WONDERS with redesigning their loot and drop rates. I truly have fun hunting for loot in that game now. Yours is barely worth playing anymore sadly. I tried last night. I received the same boring trash loot as normal and logged off. Your game is much better than Diablo, but sadly not where it really counts, the loot drops.

TLDR; I hope that one of the upcoming mini-expansions fix the bad drop rate of useful, fun and exciting rare and unique items. This game is amazing, except for the horribly boring loot (affix) design and drop rates.

they already did so they wont again? havent you noticed? really? i found so many key build uniques since that glorious patch, have you been playing? they already buffed chance to find uniques like 1 patch ago they just failed to write it in the patchnotes, if i recall.
hit me up @sarrow lets have fun :D
Thanks for the info GGG! Many companies can learn a lot from how you guys interact with the community! As always, keep up the good work, you guys are amazing!
Any updates on PvP? loljk
IGN: BaiBhai | BhaiBhai | Bhailo

What we need is:

- Better map progression
- More nonmap content (only having map as endgame content is boring and frustrating, considering how hard is to get 78 maps), other game modes like Arena mode in Champions Return to Arms. Some kind of randon dungeons that match the character level, high risk hight reward.
- Less build destroying and gear check affix on maps (less maximun resist. , blood magic, nohalf regen) and more fun affixes based on playerskill (2 bosses, Chain, Shocked ground)
- a More solid crafting system
- More difficult options (Like player X in D2) with greater rewards for greater difficulties
- More smooth progression to kp newplayers interested
- Making Desync less noticeable
- More stuff for midtier players to do (its ok to have ubber hardcore stuff like ubber atziri, but only 1% ofp layers can do that, the other 99% need something with good rewards too)
- More mechanics based on player abillity and less on gearcheck
-Crafting NEEDS to be changed so it's not just gambling through HUNDREDS of currency just to make something semi-decent or nothing at all. I play between 3-5 hours a day and farm all the right bosses and areas just to gain currency to craft because I like the idea of making my own items and I basically waste all my currency trying to get something. The crafting system should be more intimate too. It shouldn't be just clicking an object constantly until you get the right modifiers. It should basically be a sort of a mini-game that has more reliable outcomes.

Until something like that happens, people like me who don't have 30+ exalts to gear their builds are basically left on the backburner.

-I would also like to see different kinds of summons. INTERESTING ones. I really want to play a summoner but I find constantly summoning zombies and skeletons to be boring. What about summoning demons? Golems? Packs of animals?

-More WALLS! I really like the idea of wall spells. Tacks me back to my Magic the Gathering days. There is frost wall, but what about fire walls? Electric walls? Force walls? Corpse walls? Bone walls? Angelic walls? Infernal walls? I think wall spells if done properly can REALLY change the game.
Last edited by Route1 on Jun 13, 2014, 11:45:19 AM
Aww.. Chris did say in a post that 1.2.0 was coming "some time in July", I guess it got pushed back.. :P

I expected as much, since if it released July it'd be the last week of it, so August isn't really that much further. Though you may find my shriveled husk of a corpse rotting away in my room from the suspense/curiosity that has felled me... >_<

Also, has anyone else wondered what'll happen when Act IV releases, in regards to Passives? Will we get 1-2 more Passive Points from Quests, or will Piety's reward just be reduced to 1 and that point moved to Act IV? :S

1 Month Leagues? I am intrigued.. Will it be HC or SC? Ambush+Invasion again? Berek's Respite raffle? ^.^ *crosses fingers*

Edit: @Sawm, really? My little brother plays on a shitty archaic laptop, and he does just fine... How bad a computer do you and your friends have that you can't play PoE? You can always change the config files if necessary. Yeah, PoE isn't all that optimized, but it's nowhere near as bad as WoW was in WotLK.

And honestly, these days, why DON'T you have a decent computer if you are playing computer games? You can't even play Farmville, let alone LoL, without a half decent computer. It's practically mandatory. No reason to blame PoE for that.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Jun 13, 2014, 11:46:25 AM
"
... While it's far too early for us to tease its contents, we're very confident that it will be answer many of the requests of existing players, while also helping ease new players into Wraeclast.

Desync?
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info