Update on Expansion Development Timeline

I really enjoy this game . I been playing since late closed beta. So roughly 3 years now an so far its not gotten boring. I enjoy that GGG keep changing an adding stuff an that you can also make such different builds over an over. Great job that you guys have been doing.
I hope it's nothing like SotV. I have been absolutely frustrated with the mass levels of RNG introduced, and the super awesome lagouts that have started since it's release.
Awesome update, thanks!

And yeah, I NEED a 1-month league! I'm dying over here waiting for the current 4-month leagues to end and the next ones to start. Hopefully strongboxes are in it? Hehe.
what the fk ggg you promised us act4 this year what the hell have you been doing.
I got my visa up in dia bitch.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Excited to hear things are coming along.

To busy worrying about twitch streaming and not having unique 3D art which is PATHETIC.

Also nerfing old builds to the ground, having horrible melee de-sync and the accuracy on melee skills is beyond garbage.

Don't worrie, if you use spells you have it made, no need for accuracy because hurling a fireball and shooting an ice spear is FAR different then hitting someone with a weapon or shooting an arrow... yaa make sense....
I hope the mini-expansion includes:

1. Massively increased drop rate of some of the better Unique items. Possibly even smart(er) rare drops at higher levels as upgrades are very hard to obtain(they are absolutely fine at lower levels). Also needed is a reimagining of what makes legendary items fun. See Diablo III expansion. They added a huge amount of fun/useful effects to a lot of their legendary/set items. There is even a legendary that spawns a pack of rare champion mobs whenever you activate a shrine. Awesome and fun.

And why is this such an important thing to see in an expansion? [Player Retention] Because mine and others current play sessions go like this:

Log on, quest or farm a couple of hours. Get no rare upgrades. Consider ones self lucky if even 1 low level legendary item drops. Know without a doubt that if a legendary item does drop, it will be a low leveling (boring/crappy) type legendary.

Always receive too few good (alchemist/chaos) orbs to craft with in an attempt to compensate for bad RNG/Item design.

Realize that no reasonable amount of play time will present me with fun item upgrades. Log off and play a boring, easy Diablo game since you can actually get good/fun legendary drops frequently. Sit around Wishing that PoE designers would realize how boring the loot hunt is in this game.

You are at a state with your game in regards to loot drop rates and design that Diablo was before their expansion. Don't get me wrong, that game still sucks...but they did WONDERS with redesigning their loot and drop rates. I truly have fun hunting for loot in that game now. Yours is barely worth playing anymore sadly. I tried last night. I received the same boring trash loot as normal and logged off. Your game is much better than Diablo, but sadly not where it really counts, the loot drops.

TLDR; I hope that one of the upcoming mini-expansions fix the bad drop rate of useful, fun and exciting rare and unique items. This game is amazing, except for the horribly boring loot (affix) design and drop rates.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul...
Chris, I <3 U
Thank you very much Chris and team GGG for keeping up with these immensely fast dev cycles and your enthusiasm for making them happen! (As a developer myself I really understand your workload and your apparent passion for PoE)

Thanks again and let only good things happen to you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info