:: Mikelat's Aura Calculator - Dozens of Options and Features ::

Very nice, I hope to see the new self buffs added in there once we find them and get information on their levels.

Also I'm told they do the rounding differently now. Now sure it will make a difference but it might.
"
Electrospine wrote:
Next step would be to include Eldritch battery to see the effect of discipline on total mana and maybe add a box for increased mana regen on gear/tree. Could be useful to have final mana regen and check for best clarity/artic armor level combination you can afford with your unreserved mana. I guess you would need to add the discipline level too.

Maybe too much work for the result, especially with the patch hitting tomorrow.

Great tool, would love the above features too
"
Melzas wrote:
Also I'm told they do the rounding differently now. Now sure it will make a difference but it might.

That is true, but not in the way you're thinking, most likely. The change is to how Reserves affect your available Mana; it does not change how Mana Reservation values are calculated.
From a PM:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Under the new system in 1.2.0, casting the 60% aura doesn't calculate what 60% would be as an integer amount - instead it sees you have 40% already reserved, looks at how much that is as an integer amount, and knows if both were active you'd have a total of 100% reserved, and works out what that would be as an integer amount (i.e. your maximum mana). It then takes the difference between the two, and that's how much available mana will be required for the 60% aura.
This will mean you can always run auras that total 100% of your mana, regardless of the rounding, and the system lets us separate "I have enough available mana to cast this spell" from "The reserve this spell would create will go over my current reserve". This second point has advantages in cases like Tempest Shield transitioning (although that specific case was actually fixed separately anyway by the new transitioning action system from the snapshoting fix).
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 20, 2014, 3:01:05 PM
"
Electrospine wrote:
Next step would be to include Eldritch battery to see the effect of discipline on total mana and maybe add a box for increased mana regen on gear/tree. Could be useful to have final mana regen and check for best clarity/artic armor level combination you can afford with your unreserved mana. I guess you would need to add the discipline level too.

Maybe too much work for the result, especially with the patch hitting tomorrow.

It was suggested before, I debated on how useful a tool like that would be because you'd have to know the exact energy shield amount you have and play with the numbers.

You're not the only one whose requested it so its something I'll look at.

"
tatane wrote:
Great tool !

Just one question : Is Mortal Conviction updated from patch notes ? It says 40% instead of 60%.

Thanks
It is updated. The math is accurate unless something is majorly different from 1.1 (as far as I know, there isn't). The problem is more in the confusion of how I display the multipliers. I'm copying the method that things like reduced mana and blood magic gems use to show the mana reduction. The Prism Guardian for example is "25% less mana reserved for gems in this item" and the multiplier beside it is x75%, basically indicating it brings the gems to 75% mana reservation. The same thing happens with the mortal conviction, I'm explaining that the mana reserved is going to 40% (60% less). Pre-1.2 it used to say 60%, but GGG decided to switch it in such a way that it's confusing people on my calculator. Just know that even though it may not make sense how I'm displaying it, the math is right.

Another problem is items like the alphas howl is additive with reduced mana points, but you might think it's multiplicative with the way it's shown, bleh :P

"
Melzas wrote:
Very nice, I hope to see the new self buffs added in there once we find them and get information on their levels.

I am furiously F5ing the forums and r/poe subreddit for someone to post what the numbers on the gems are so I can add them. The values apparently on the wiki are incorrect for the moment.

It'll just be a matter of minutes for me to add it once it's confirmed.

"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Melzas wrote:

That is true, but not in the way you're thinking, most likely. The change is to how Reserves affect your available Mana; it does not change how Mana Reservation values are calculated.
From a PM:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Under the new system in 1.2.0, casting the 60% aura doesn't calculate what 60% would be as an integer amount - instead it sees you have 40% already reserved, looks at how much that is as an integer amount, and knows if both were active you'd have a total of 100% reserved, and works out what that would be as an integer amount (i.e. your maximum mana). It then takes the difference between the two, and that's how much available mana will be required for the 60% aura.
This will mean you can always run auras that total 100% of your mana, regardless of the rounding, and the system lets us separate "I have enough available mana to cast this spell" from "The reserve this spell would create will go over my current reserve". This second point has advantages in cases like Tempest Shield transitioning (although that specific case was actually fixed separately anyway by the new transitioning action system from the snapshoting fix).
I think I calculate the auras already in a similar manner, or at least one that's compatible. If you put on a 60 and 40 aura in my calc and play around with the numbers, it'll always reserve 100% of the mana regardless of the mana you put in (I can even bring the numbers to impossible numbers like 1 mana, and it works).
Last edited by mikelat on Aug 21, 2014, 12:04:28 AM
People are saying its 25% mana reserved, I'm about to go to sleep so I'm going to add that into the calc. If its wrong I'll change it tomorrow.
Last edited by mikelat on Aug 21, 2014, 3:57:08 AM
Nice Calc! Keep it up!

Only "feature" missing is the option to turn on some support gems for Herald of Ash and Ice.
Seems most players have not even noticed the options those give.
cya Deathtiny
level fast, die young and leave a nice looking corpse!
Tinyshideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3260135
Just discovered that tool and loving it.

Thanks for the superb work !
IGNs -> MaitresseRemi/Mamie_Machette/MainDroiteMainGauche
"
Deathtiny2266 wrote:
Nice Calc! Keep it up!

Only "feature" missing is the option to turn on some support gems for Herald of Ash and Ice.
Seems most players have not even noticed the options those give.

I have that feature through custom mana multipliers. There's so many possibilities of support gems I didn't want to list them all, so there's a manual field there. I'll give you an example:

http://poe.mikelat.com/#auras=1&name[1]=Hearld+of+Ash+with+Elemental+Prolif&cla[1]=&hoa[1]=1&bmg[1]=&rmg[1]=20&mul[1]=140&rms=0&life=1000&mana=1000

The above example is herald of ash with lvl 20 reduced mana and elemental prolif (140% mana multiplier). You can even edit the titles of groups to communicate to people viewing your auras that this is what you're doing.
Last edited by mikelat on Sep 19, 2014, 1:24:30 PM
Bump, I fucking love this tool, use it for every build I brew.
Last edited by dagoncrowgg on Dec 6, 2014, 6:40:28 PM
I had a bit of time to do a quality of life update, here's the new features:
- The urls are now much shorter, eliminating the need for bit.ly urls.
- If you load a URL, the calculator will go into "summary mode" making it easier to see the aura setup. A button appears at the top to unlock the page for editing.
- The life/mana values more closely resemble something similar to defaults at higher levels if you don't sink any points into +life/mana. I noticed a lot of people planning with the calc and adding clarity thinking they'll be able to run it on default mana :P

Notable mentions:
- The calculator supports legacy urls - if you've bookmarked any aura setups or click old links don't worry, it loads fine.
- I've coded it so I can add new auras that GGG adds without breaking legacy urls.

Enjoy fellas
Last edited by mikelat on Jan 16, 2015, 11:58:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info