:: Mikelat's Aura Calculator - Dozens of Options and Features ::

Pretty nice!
Are you the same Mikelat that did a walkthrough video series for Starcraft 2?
Stormcalling 24/7.
very good job! free bump
Visit my shop!

〆〆〆 ( ( ( THE BALROG'S BAZAAR ) ) ) 〆〆〆
I broke it. Hatred + RM lv1 + BM lv4 + MC + 46% Reduced Reserve gives 41% in-game, 42% on the calc. Now, according to what I thought I knew, 42% would've been correct.

It seems like Mark's post might not've been accurate, because this is how I got to 41%:

60 * 0.9 * 2.37 = 127.98, rounds to 127% Base Reserve

127 * 0.46 = 58.42
127 - 58.42 = 68.58
68.58 * 0.4 = 27.423
68.58 - 27.423 = 41.157, rounds to 41%

Which is by rounding the final Reserve, not the Reduction, seemingly contradicting his words: "[..] what's actually being calculated and rounded is the amount taken off the cost by the reduction."

I've shot him a PM, because this is the kind of nerdy shit I like.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jun 17, 2014, 11:56:53 AM
"
Are you the same Mikelat that did a walkthrough video series for Starcraft 2?
Yep that's me.

"
Vipermagi wrote:
I broke it. Hatred + RM lv1 + BM lv4 + MC + 46% Reduced Reserve gives 41% in-game, 42% on the calc. Now, according to what I thought I knew, 42% would've been correct.

It seems like Mark's post might not've been accurate, because this is how I got to 41%:

127 * 0.46 = 58.42
127 - 58.42 = 68.58
68.58 * 0.4 = 27.423

Which is by rounding the final Reserve, not the Reduction, seemingly contradicting his words: "[..] what's actually being calculated and rounded is the amount taken off the cost by the reduction."

Pat earlier in this thread reached out to Chris for me and he's already forwarded it to Mark.

I need more context to know what your talking about, can you give me a link me to your aura build as well? It's tough to figure out where the math went wrong when I don't know your aura setup :\

The problem is it's a very small math error somewhere because it works for all the builds we have and a lot of people reported it working, so it change it to fix your build may break everyone else. How much are the actual numbers off by?
"
Vipermagi wrote:

127 * 0.46 = 58.42
127 - 58.42 = 68.58
68.58 * 0.4 = 27.423

Mortal convinction is tricky, I didn't fully understand the calculation with it. If you look in the thread you linked, which is the reference for aura reservation calculation, you'll notice I posted something about MC; I PMed Mark for clarification linking that post, but never got an answer unfortunately.
Looking at your calculation is interesting you put MC as a second iteration, that would answer my original question if it is correct. But we need to know why is 41 instead of 42 before :)
Visit my shop!

〆〆〆 ( ( ( THE BALROG'S BAZAAR ) ) ) 〆〆〆
I like what you've done with the globes and the overall design. Nice work!
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
great work, will usefully replace my excel sheet
IGN TylordRampage
"
mikelat wrote:
I need more context to know what your talking about, can you give me a link me to your aura build as well? It's tough to figure out where the math went wrong when I don't know your aura setup :\

Already put that in my previous post (sans link, admittedly), first line:
46% Reduced Reserve + MC
lv1 RM + lv4 BM
Hatred

It's not so much an 'aura setup' as it is 'me fucking around until the calc and the game disagree'.

Considering it's all just math, which all things considered is rather predictable, it should be possible to get accurate results with any setup (see also: the game :P ). I was curious whether you had managed, because that would be kicking rad, so I made a character useless (free respecs, woo) and grabbed a bunch of random Gems.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jun 17, 2014, 1:07:30 PM
very nice !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info