[SOLVED] Correct calculation of: %-Aura, reduced mana reservation, reduced mana gem

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
beysl wrote:
I have 41% reduced mana reserved nodes from skill tree, 74% reduced mana reserved from gem and 506 mana.
I'm not sure what you mean here, but you can't possibly have 74% reduced mana reserved from a gem, as no gem gives that.
And even if it did, your proposed calculation of
"
beysl wrote:
60%*0.59*0.74 = 26.196%
would be wrong, since 74% reduced would be multiplying by 0.26, not 0.74
If you can explain in detail what modifiers are actually in play here, aI can probably show you why the numbers are what they are.

You are right, my wording was sloppy here (im not a native english speaker)

Again, hopefully more clear:

I have 41% reduced mana reserved passives from the tree.
I have a lvl 17 reduced mana gem, which gives me a 0.74 mana multiplier on the reservation.
I want to know the exact calculation how much percentage a 60% and 40% is going to reserve.

So far i expected it to be: 60% * 0.59 * 0.74 = 26.196, which seems to be wrong.

I checked the source code of the mana reservation site linked before:
http://fogz.mine.nu:8080/poe_reserved_calc/

There, you can see that they first multiply the aura reservation with the mana multiplier of the gem and then round down:

60%*0.74=44.4% -> 44% reserved
40%*0.74=29.6% -> 29% reserved

Then this reservation is multiplied with the passives and rounded up:

44%*0.59=25.96% -> 26% reserved
29%*0.59=17.11 -> 18% reserved

This seems to be the correct calculation.

Assuming this is correct, it is funny, because you actually need a level 20 reduced mana and at least 0.41% reduced mana reservation passives to rock four 60% auras on mana, which is exactly what I (will) have :D

A confirmation of this would be super cool and thanks for all the help so far.
Tagging this thread for future reference
Where does Prism and Alpha's howl get calculated in to the final? Before or after the Passive Tree bonuses?

EDIT: Changed placement of item modifiers.
Last edited by Malpheas on Nov 4, 2013, 11:54:51 AM
Prism and Alpha's are both in addition to the passive nodes. They're the same mod.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
And that 41% reduction only cost a minimum of 51 passive points.

Really you are better off just running 2 auras and getting normal nodes even then its 72% reservation and costs from some starting places 18 extra points.

Perhaps the most hated decision by GGG to date and there is a lot of competition.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
"
Autocthon wrote:
Prism and Alpha's are both in addition to the passive nodes. They're the same mod.

Thanks! That helps a lot!

EDIT: Maxor, try to make a pure aura build to see how nuts it can be.
Last edited by Malpheas on Nov 4, 2013, 3:22:46 PM
Sorry for the delay, didn't find your post before I left work last night.

"
beysl wrote:
I checked the source code of the mana reservation site linked before:
http://fogz.mine.nu:8080/poe_reserved_calc/

There, you can see that they first multiply the aura reservation with the mana multiplier of the gem and then round down:

Then this reservation is multiplied with the passives and rounded up:

This seems to be the correct calculation.
This is correct, because it always rounds down.

The first thing it calculates is the base cost of the skill, which is the cost of the skill gem and the multipliers of all support gems that make up the skill. This value must be an integer, and will be rounded down, because of how integer division works in computers. Anything after the decimal point is simply ignored.

Once it has be base cost of the skill, it calculates how much that is reduced by. Again it rounds down for the same reason - the reason you see it "rounding up" in your second step is simply that you're looking at the final cost/reservation, where what's actually being calculated and rounded is the amount taken off the cost by the reduction.

If you had blood magic and took the notable behind it, or otherwise obtained "less" mana reserved, this would be a part of the second calculation, where it's calculating the amount to take off the cost, but would stack multiplicatively with the "reduced" passives.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Nov 4, 2013, 8:43:43 PM
This makes sense. Thank you very much for the answer!
Last edited by beysl on Nov 5, 2013, 6:36:16 AM
"
maxor wrote:
And that 41% reduction only cost a minimum of 51 passive points.

Really you are better off just running 2 auras and getting normal nodes even then its 72% reservation and costs from some starting places 18 extra points.

Perhaps the most hated decision by GGG to date and there is a lot of competition.

Im doing a EK build and did not want to try to get a big enough mana pool / mana regen to run it on mana. That means that i can use my whole mana pool for auras.

Along with the 41% reduction, I also have 70% increased effect of the auras I cast + 24% increased effect of buffs on me. This means all the Auras are almost doubled! So we are talking more about like 8 Auras.

You get 1 more max resist (3 instead of 2) and otherwise a lot of resist.
Det + grace will give you easily 20k armor.
Hatred almost replaces the added fire gem I lost by using he blood magic gem.
Haste gives me almost 30 cast speed and 14 movementspeed or smth
Wrath/Anger dmg increased could be cool as well.

And don't forget that most part of the increase counts for everyone!

This is one possibility how to get all the required aura points:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABDH0QfxGWFy8ZihqPHNwdFB2qJLAo-i2oL2826UZxVdZk52h0b55wu3_GgKSCx4MJhtGPRpMnlKCbtacIsZC0DLfWuJPDOsaeykrYTdkT2mLbWeGI42rr7vba-ej60vsJ
Last edited by beysl on Nov 5, 2013, 3:24:01 AM
So with 1 passive 5% and alpha howl u can run 3 auras?
2 60% and a 40%.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info