Quick Video of New 1.1.4 Feature

As long as Atziri/Uber don't get gated more than they already are, I'll be okay with the new expansion replacing parts of the current one. Many people would be pissed off if they can't access the Atziri drops in 1.5 months.
so how much are atziri fragments going for?
crappy addition most likely, 66-73lv... We need more 78+ content, low level content is now flooded with maps, corrupted zones and now extra fragment maps. I would say waste of development but we shall see if it drops something good(like midnights maybe).

I wonder who will spend a 15exa worth uber fragment to do a lv73 map, can't see what makes it worth it ^^
Last edited by GreatThree on May 21, 2014, 8:22:45 PM
"
Redblade wrote:
Will areas opened with mortal fragments drop mortal fragments?

No, only regular "sacrifice" fragments, just like any other corrupted area.

You can also put in multiple fragments to boost the IIQ, just like with maps (in this case, the highest fragment used determines the item/monster level of the area). EDIT: this is no longer true; you cannot boost the corrupted areas.

The corrupted area will have random mods as usual, though you can't tell what they are until you go inside and press tab.

The corrupted area is subject to the same portal rules as regular maps, although for most game mechanics it doesn't actually count as a map.
Code warrior
Last edited by Rhys on May 28, 2014, 8:36:01 PM
"
Rhys wrote:
"
Redblade wrote:

zz

then no point to use them in that fashion, ever (mortal fragments). if the only perk is: maybe a midnight drops, and otherwise its just a lower level map...

then you'd be better off using the mortal fragment to boost the quality of a courtyard or a shrine.

"
Rhys wrote:
The corrupted area is subject to the same portal rules as regular maps, although for most game mechanics it doesn't actually count as a map.

does this include the crappy currency drops for higher level characters?
Last edited by Veruski on May 21, 2014, 8:42:00 PM
Yeah, I'm having a hard time seeing the usefulness of this feature. If they make small zones that themselves have no chance of dropping maps, then all you're doing is gambling a shard for a chance at a better shard or a Vaal gem. Since all these attempts will eventually end in Vaal gems ending the run, it seems like a much better use of time and currency to just use extra shards on high level maps like we've been doing.
"
Uvne wrote:
Yeah, I'm having a hard time seeing the usefulness of this feature. If they make small zones that themselves have no chance of dropping maps, then all you're doing is gambling a shard for a chance at a better shard or a Vaal gem. Since all these attempts will eventually end in Vaal gems ending the run, it seems like a much better use of time and currency to just use extra shards on high level maps like we've been doing.

This change isn't aimed at mappers, but those focused on side areas and getting fragments to open Atziri. It gives a guaranteed side area with the exact surplus these players have.

I would like a method that could be used at any point in the game not only at end game. Not only the players wanting to fight Atziri are after Vaal areas, at low levels the drop from bosses are useful to keep gear up to date (after the recent rebalance).

PD: English isn't my native langue if something is grammatically wrong please sent me a PM.
"
Veruski wrote:
"
Rhys wrote:
"
Redblade wrote:

zz

then no point to use them in that fashion, ever (mortal fragments). if the only perk is: maybe a midnight drops, and otherwise its just a lower level map...

then you'd be better off using the mortal fragment to boost the quality of a courtyard or a shrine.

"
Rhys wrote:

Currency drop penalty stops at level 66. A level 99 character in a 66-78 map receives 100% currency drops. Fact you're in a map or out of a map(out of maps go to level 68) doesn't matter. Level 66 stops the penatly. Your comment is 100% irrelevant.
Last edited by Kiffenn on May 21, 2014, 8:58:29 PM
"
Veruski wrote:
"
Rhys wrote:

The currency penalty for being grossly misleveled has nothing to do with maps; it's based on the level of the area. Since these corrupted areas are the same level as low maps, they have the same currency penalty rules.
Code warrior

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info