Congratulations

"
Septile wrote:
"
Wittgenstein wrote:

Yes, people could use sites for D2 to buy items. But how many players actually did this? I mean, I have never seen a percentage... but I haven't bought a thing from those sites and niether have my friends (we all played for years). Now, however, everyone is at least implicitly encouraged by Blizzard to use the "Sell for cash" system.

Apparently enough people for them to be sustained, and for there to be quite a few of them.

They're not encouraged at all. It's an option.

It's amazing how unreasonable people are being about this. Let's just go over some of the scenarios that Blizzard could do regarding RMT:
They could have no option and people would go to third parties to buy shit with cash, like in D2. This increases the risk of them getting scammed or something of the sort, Blizzard could put a lot of money and time into combating something that will never go away, or they can just put an option for it in D3 for the people who want it.

It's that simple.

People getting scammed, is there own fault.

I agree Blizzard would have to spend a lot of money to combat/fix this problem. I'd rather have a monthly fee than what they chose.

This will impact the entire community, not only the ones who decide to actually use it.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
Some of Blizzard's recent decisions don't bother me so much, but a few do.

I might not agree with them, but RMT, "always online", and "no mods" aren't fatal choices with regard to my purchase. However, the continued oversimplification and gutting of the skill system makes D3 look more and more like a pure action game and less an RPG where you have at least some choices that matter.

Let's hope that PoE will be a great game and as for D3, I'll have to wait and see the final product. The latest news isn't promising.
Agree with howler here. Removing skill points is a horrible decision, now you only have to build 1 of each class and find the items for an alternative build (e.g. mace barbarian vs axe barbarian) and change your skill loadout.

Part of what kept D2 alive for so long was the fact you had to build new charcters to try out different builds.
RIP Bolto
Guys, don't bother with Septile, if screwing 90% of the community to make life simpler, easier and safer for the remaining 10% (I'm being generous with the percentage) who preferred to cheat in D2 seems like the right thing for him, let it be so, we all have our opinions (=

And yes indeed, the other news are not much better than the RMAH, its all pretty confusing. I wont say its the end of the world, Ill see some reviews of the game and might as well buy it if gameplay seems fun enough, after all these years of waiting it has to be really terrible for me not to do that.

But right now I really doubt it will have any long term appeal for me.
Last edited by nermind on Aug 2, 2011, 6:48:08 PM
oh i just read that on ign too. but blizzards cant compete against the online market that already exists in asia who uses bots to sell stuff for extremely cheap. i am very desired to play POE!...
o christ here come blizzards forgotten few and how they brag about how terribad diablo 3 turned out.... I thought I was away from that QQ now were going to have them QQ about this game to....is nothing sacred :(
I can see the first witch being made then a comment by the villagers. Villagers: KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!
Anyone who played Diablo2 somewhat hardcore over the last years should know that only a small percent of the "high end trades" happened in the games horrible trading chats and trading games. The real trades happened in 3rd party sites that ran either with pure real money or the sites own currency which yes, was obtained with real money aswell. People could get this currency with just trading and not spending money but you know, there were tons of these Pay2win people who just bought the currency with real money and got themselves the best equipment in-game.

With the new system Blizzard is trying to block out these sites and making the trading safer. Time will tell if the best equipment can be traded only with real money but hey, no one is forcing you to get it. You can still enjoy the game yourself and do whatever you wish.

I'm really excited for PoE, but Diablo3 is still day 1 buy for me :)
blizz get dumber every week
"And the timer said let there be light!"
"And there was light, The timer said Let there be thunder, And there was thunder"
"And the timer said LET THERE BE TORTURE STARVATION AND INSOMNIA, and there was all of these things struck down upon.... anyone who gazed upon its deathly figure.."
"
Halon5 wrote:
Ditto that, Amazon pre-order for D3 cancelled. The ingame selling is going to ensure bucket loads of grinding from many players which destroys the fun and as for the always-online DRM, firstly, don't treat paying customers as ciminals and secondly, many older gamers here will remember what complete tools a high proportion of the D2 multi-player fanatics were, I don't want multiplayer in D3 rammed down my throat. Let's face it, with Kotick in charge now it was bound to go horribly wrong.

Know this is a bit late in the thread..but yeah..Kotick is the worst thing to happen to Blizzard and video games in general..possibly ever. Just had to throw that in the mix -.-
Does no one read? YOU DONT HAVE TO SPEND YOUR OWN MONEY for D3. You never have to spend a dime of real money, ever. SC2 is the same way with the always on DRM, and still sold millions and tons of people still play it, but boohoo let's all cry about it if it was a big surprise, please people, it's 2011.

Personally I will never use real money in D3, I will never even touch the AH, maybe to spend extra gold I have. It's a player driven market just like EVE, people will flood the market, and shit will be so cheap it wont even matter. So cancel all your preorders and keep the servers clear so I won't ever have any lag.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info