Congratulations

You guys have now become the #1 ARPG candidate. Blizzard just killed Diablo 3 by allowing all access to all skills at all times (no builds) and worse, making an auction house where you can buy any in-game item with REAL money.

Everyone's gonna come to you guys now- I definitely won't buy D3.

Please keep microtransactions ethical: the biggest gaming company just scored a Hitler on the morality scale, and its up to you guys to do the right thing :)

Looking forward to this beta, looking forward to this game. Thanks guys.
The reason the real money auction house was such a slap in the face with blizz was because it was so frowned upon in D2, and they just gave up trying to combat it and implemented it in D3. For this reason I will not be buying D3, but most definitely will be checking out this game.

PoE can do whatever it wants with microtransactions because it hasn't established a user base with a bunch of devoted fans like diablo did, then shit all over them with a real money auction house(among other things, such as no offline play).
Hahahaha, wow.

I knew what to expect when I saw this thread, but I didn't expect that you'd throw in a Godwin too.
"
Jmancini wrote:
You guys have now become the #1 ARPG candidate. Blizzard just killed Diablo 3 by allowing all access to all skills at all times (no builds) and worse, making an auction house where you can buy any in-game item with REAL money.

Everyone's gonna come to you guys now- I definitely won't buy D3.

Please keep microtransactions ethical: the biggest gaming company just scored a Hitler on the morality scale, and its up to you guys to do the right thing :)

Looking forward to this beta, looking forward to this game. Thanks guys.

Yep... Don't have to work for their skills at all anymore.... don't have to sweat over builds... nothing.... They dumbed down D3 to WoW level... telling ya, it's like an ARPG clone of WoW. In PoE you have to look for skills, and then when you find them there are so many freakin' ways to customize them it's jaw dropping. D3? Ummmm yeah......

Blizz also posted this:

"

The system will allow for a certain number of free listings per week (or something like that) which allows you to post a few things risk free and see if they sell. If they don't it's no sweat for you, and maybe you wait until next week to do the same thing again, or maybe that was good enough, you got your feet wet, and you go back to the gold AH.

If you do sell something you can use that to build up your Battle.net balance which can be put toward buying items yourself. If you're putting up the right items for the right prices you could pretty easily never 'buy in'.

While I'm shocked by their decision... it makes sense to me... but I'm still shocked by it. Now those people that were worried about buying through 3rd party websites, can buy through their AH for sure. They keep on posting how they don't think it'll upset the balance, because it's an ARPG... umm, did they forget about the PVP mode they have? I think they did.

And once again, while the decision makes sense... Blizzard pretty much says that they've given in to the pressure of black market and now they want a piece.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
Last edited by bkboggy on Aug 1, 2011, 11:32:32 AM
They have pretty much said they don't give a shit about the PVP, it is all focused on the PVE. It just frustrates me that a dev as large as blizzard would go with "letting the bad guys win" by letting this real money trading system happen.

I could understand in the context of a game like PoE, where it is free to play with microtransactions, but in a huge blockbuster game like diablo 3, real money systems have no place. They should have tried to shut down all d2jsp type sites instead of taking the absolute laziest route and just "legalizing" it.

It's like if the government had a hard time controlling meth and said "fuck it, lets make it legal and tax it lolz" instead of doing the public a service and trying to eradicate its existence.
"
crucifier wrote:
They have pretty much said they don't give a shit about the PVP, it is all focused on the PVE. It just frustrates me that a dev as large as blizzard would go with "letting the bad guys win" by letting this real money trading system happen.

I could understand in the context of a game like PoE, where it is free to play with microtransactions, but in a huge blockbuster game like diablo 3, real money systems have no place. They should have tried to shut down all d2jsp type sites instead of taking the absolute laziest route and just "legalizing" it.

It's like if the government had a hard time controlling meth and said "fuck it, lets make it legal and tax it lolz" instead of doing the public a service and trying to eradicate its existence.

Yeah Blizzard should spend the countless hours and the countless dollars trying to shut down other sites like D2JSP because it's not like every time you shut down 1, 10 others pop up in its place. It's not like it's a much easier, safer alternative to just offer the same service that D2JSP offers in the game itself.

Yeah, hey did you hear about the War on Drugs in the United States? The thing that has costed roughly $1 trillion and has accomplished shit all? Yeah, that's how effective trying to eradicate something that is in demand. If there is a demand, there's always going to be a supply. You can't eradicate the supply, you can only regulate it.
Yes I read the article and it really annoyed me...Blizzard must be getting close to a release date with this news ( and I think they may be a little apprehensive about a certain game called POE just about to go into cb :) )

Level 98 Cyclone Shockwave Slayer
Lets not derail the thread talking about the drug war. This is about doing microtransactions the right way and how POE is about to pull thousands more from Blizzard because they're being smarter.
"
Septile wrote:
"
crucifier wrote:

Yeah Blizzard should spend the countless hours and the countless dollars trying to shut down other sites like D2JSP because it's not like every time you shut down 1, 10 others pop up in its place. It's not like it's a much easier, safer alternative to just offer the same service that D2JSP offers in the game itself.

Yeah, hey did you hear about the War on Drugs in the United States? The thing that has costed roughly $1 trillion and has accomplished shit all? Yeah, that's how effective trying to eradicate something that is in demand. If there is a demand, there's always going to be a supply. You can't eradicate the supply, you can only regulate it.

I would much rather pay a small monthly fee for the game to fund blizz so that they would take down those sites than just have any idiot with $5 buy the best end game items and roflstomp everything in his path.

Also, are you saying you would rather meth and other highly addictive and destructive drugs be legal than to at least try to fight it? I mean if we are just going to legalize everything that people want to do, why not legalize something like assault? I am sure some people would pay money to beat the shit out of someone else.
Yeah I think I caught something... every time I hear the word Blizzard... I vomit uncontrollably... It probably has to do with some of the recent... or lack thereof NEWS.
I love virtual brutality so save it for the Mobs...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info