Congratulations

whoever gives me beta key first is my favorite
I really like the idea of an ingame auction house. The concept would have happened anyway so they're just making it legit. That being said, always online drm blows.
Grac :)
"
I really like the idea of an ingame auction house. The concept would have happened anyway so they're just making it legit. That being said, always online drm blows.

Just the same as most Starcraft 2, and no one bitched about that.
i see nothing wrong in D3 auction house. I'd be more happy to buy sothing from the player who spend his time to get this item, than to meet someone buffed up with Item Mall gear.
You can buy items or not from AH. But this still items from the game, found ingame by the players. It is fair. And all are at the same conditions. But u wont be able to do anything to the premium player buffed up to the sky in PoE.
Actually I think the changes are perfectly logical. Trying to avoid what D2 became is a good thing. When I log onto D2, I'm pretty much disgusted by what it has evolved Into. And I think about the endless repetitive boss runs I did playing it, which is actually quite boring after the one hundredth time. The problem with open builds is cookie cutter builds become the norm.

I remember making a bow barbarian just to do something different in the game. Another player actually got angry I was doing it, because I didn't follow the builds everyone else did. Of course I care less about some nerd in a rage. But I did find that kind of creativity and experimentation gone after awhile. Change can be a good thing, it opens us up to new ideas and discoveries.

As for the auction house, I hate the hacking of D2. I hate the item sites of D2. You would have to be an idiot to give them your credit card. They will most certainly be a party of D3. This is an undeniable fact. If they can make a profit off a game like D2, they will attempt to make one in D3. However, the trade house in D3 will put this power and profit back into the individual players hands. This is a good thing. As for players buy their items, yes this will happen regardless of there being an auction house. Will those players better, maybe, in most every game I have played skill trumps gear every time. Besides PvP will be lvl and gear matched. and in PvE, who cares, he can't take your loot, and if anything he will help you kill things faster. As one of the devs said, you can't win D3. It a click crazy loot driven game. There isn't some award for having best junk.

As for the always being online, this is where games are heading and is hardly a surprise. I started a few characters offline in D2. Eventually found out that they don't transfer and started online characters ever since. It provides better security, and I'd want to be able to play with friends anyway. The majority of gaming is online now, A great majority of gamers are online now. If the is a problem with your connection, and you will have trouble playing I'm sorry that sucks. But the security and integrity of the game is more important than one person's desire to have an offline character. And let's be honest, a lot of the people complaining about that are people who wants the game to be hacked so they can get some kind of cheat.

There are various other reasons to support their moves, and I'll happily discuss them if anyone likes. Just as long as your not an idiot who can't formulate a convincing argument.

As for the guy who got cheating and will not support Blizzard because of the illegal program you got caught using. You can't be serious? That's called sour grapes in my book.

Ultimately, Diablo 3 will be fine. It will sell many many copies. If a few people want to protest it, and not buy it, that is fine. But do not be surprised when your protest has absolutely no effect at all. Because it won't. The game will be fine, the company will make a lot of money and stick around. I will say, do not hate the game for being different from came before. Judge it for what it is, and really save that judgement for when it comes out. I will, and I'll buy it if it seems like a good game. If it doesn't, I won't. There is really too much speculation and a ridiculous amount of nerd rage. Way to much to make a judgement call. Well that turned into a book.
"
majpronin wrote:
i see nothing wrong in D3 auction house. I'd be more happy to buy sothing from the player who spend his time to get this item, than to meet someone buffed up with Item Mall gear.
You can buy items or not from AH. But this still items from the game, found ingame by the players. It is fair. And all are at the same conditions. But u wont be able to do anything to the premium player buffed up to the sky in PoE.

This is one of the aspects I like about it. It is the players hands and not some company I know nothing about. Such as where it's based, what are it's ethical practices. It would not surprise me in the least to learn a couple of them are fronts for identity theft. Which is becoming more prevalent. Being online they can help keep track of items, what was found and what is legitimate. So far it makes sense to me.
"
Tuskan wrote:
"

You can play StarCraft 2 in offline mode after creating your account. The thing is StarCraft singleplayer isn't exactly the same experience you'd expect from Diablo.
Last edited by Delinius on Aug 11, 2011, 3:45:15 AM
"
Jmancini wrote:
You guys have now become the #1 ARPG candidate. Blizzard just killed Diablo 3 by allowing all access to all skills at all times (no builds) and worse, making an auction house where you can buy any in-game item with REAL money.

Everyone's gonna come to you guys now- I definitely won't buy D3.

Please keep microtransactions ethical: the biggest gaming company just scored a Hitler on the morality scale, and its up to you guys to do the right thing :)

Looking forward to this beta, looking forward to this game. Thanks guys.

blizzard is corrupted by blocky flowers and bunnys.
Phase 1: Make D3

Phase 2: ?

Phase 3: Profit
"
Delinius wrote:
"
Tuskan wrote:
"

You can play StarCraft 2 in offline mode after creating your account. The thing is StarCraft singleplayer isn't exactly the same experience you'd expect from Diablo.

It's a different game. That is an RTS, there is nothing to hack into to retrieve from an RTS. People would break into Diablo to dupe items, create bots, farm whatever. It needs to be regulated, being online provides a better measure of security.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info