Congratulations

"
crucifier wrote:
I mean if we are just going to legalize everything that people want to do, why not legalize something like assault? I am sure some people would pay money to beat the shit out of someone else.

Can we start a sign charter? lol

"

Yeah I think I caught something... every time I hear the word Blizzard... I vomit uncontrollably... It probably has to do with some of the recent... or lack thereof NEWS.

True that... dude, everyone was holding their breath and waiting for 12:01 AM... for what? For this? This was like a slap in the face -- almost every part of the god damn thing.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
Last edited by bkboggy on Aug 1, 2011, 12:01:01 PM
You know how you feel nauseated when you get kicked in the testicles? Yeah just like that... after eating something rotten...
I love virtual brutality so save it for the Mobs...
Lol BK, I hear ya. I woke up and checked the news feed first thing. Felt nauseous. 3 ARPG's I was looking at. D3 gets checked off the list. 2 I care about now, and GD is gonna be a long while coming.
Yeah, there was literally not a single scrap of good news.

-No skill tree

-No LAN

-No offline play

-No beta date

-Real money AH(which NO ONE asked for. Not only this, but think for a second: no one would be pissed if they took it out. What seems like 70% of the players are pissed that it is IN. There is no logical reason to leave it in other than blizz greed)

They shit all over their fans with this "update". Many people were waiting for some juicy information about a beta release, or maybe some exciting new gameplay. Nope, just some beta footage that looks identical to what we have already seen and information that has caused a huge outrage.
Last edited by crucifier on Aug 1, 2011, 12:07:59 PM
"
crucifier wrote:
"
Septile wrote:
"
crucifier wrote:
They have pretty much said they don't give a shit about the PVP, it is all focused on the PVE. It just frustrates me that a dev as large as blizzard would go with "letting the bad guys win" by letting this real money trading system happen.

I could understand in the context of a game like PoE, where it is free to play with microtransactions, but in a huge blockbuster game like diablo 3, real money systems have no place. They should have tried to shut down all d2jsp type sites instead of taking the absolute laziest route and just "legalizing" it.

It's like if the government had a hard time controlling meth and said "fuck it, lets make it legal and tax it lolz" instead of doing the public a service and trying to eradicate its existence.

Yeah Blizzard should spend the countless hours and the countless dollars trying to shut down other sites like D2JSP because it's not like every time you shut down 1, 10 others pop up in its place. It's not like it's a much easier, safer alternative to just offer the same service that D2JSP offers in the game itself.

Yeah, hey did you hear about the War on Drugs in the United States? The thing that has costed roughly $1 trillion and has accomplished shit all? Yeah, that's how effective trying to eradicate something that is in demand. If there is a demand, there's always going to be a supply. You can't eradicate the supply, you can only regulate it.

I would much rather pay a small monthly fee for the game to fund blizz so that they would take down those sites than just have any idiot with $5 buy the best end game items and roflstomp everything in his path.

Also, are you saying you would rather meth and other highly addictive and destructive drugs be legal than to at least try to fight it? I mean if we are just going to legalize everything that people want to do, why not legalize something like assault? I am sure some people would pay money to beat the shit out of someone else.

I don't think you completely understand what the real money auction house is proposing, because it's not the example you concocted in your head.

Something like assault results in bodily harm to others, things like meth only harm the person doing it. Taking into account any effects that a meth user could cause to the people around them is irrelevant if you're going to compare drug usage to assault.
"
Jmancini wrote:
Lets not derail the thread talking about the drug war. This is about doing microtransactions the right way and how POE is about to pull thousands more from Blizzard because they're being smarter.

It's a reasonable analogy.

And D3 isn't offering microtransactions, they're introducing a new currency into the economy of D3 which players can use to trade. Blizzard isn't offering any items themselves.

"
crucifier wrote:

-Real money AH(which NO ONE asked for. Not only this, but think for a second: no one would be pissed if they took it out. What seems like 70% of the players are pissed that it is IN. There is no logical reason to leave it in other than blizz greed)

The people using places like D2JSP didn't ask for it directly, but they were saying they wanted it by using the service D2JSP provided.
Last edited by Septile on Aug 1, 2011, 12:13:13 PM
The transactions are Player to Player with Blizzard taking a cut. They involve the exchange of real money. Therefore, players gain huge advantage by spending real money that Blizzard gets a cut of. Its the very definition of BS microtrans.
Thing is, it will literally be a deterrent to my fun if I know some rich kid can spend 5 minutes playing the game and buy the uber item that I have been trying to farm for weeks. It takes 100% of the fun out of doing actual runs and playing the effing game if I can spend 1000x less time pressing the buy button at the auction house and getting maxed out in gear in a minute for $10.

EDIT: Also, you say players wanted it because they used d2jsp? Well what if I went to go download hacks for diablo? That means all players MUST want it right? I mean if people went and got hacks, why don't they just put them in the game too? It doesn't hurt anyone else.
Last edited by crucifier on Aug 1, 2011, 12:19:12 PM
After my battle.net account got banned for using a trainer in Starcraft 2 singleplayer, I pretty much knew that the time of Blizzard being a company I wanted to support was over.
And as for the argument that well, PLAYERS are making money doing this...

I play video games to have fun, not to stress out about current market values of video game items. If i want to make money, I'll go to work, thank you. Totally ruining the GAME aspect of the GAME.
"

Something like assault results in bodily harm to others, things like meth only harm the person doing it. Taking into account any effects that a meth user could cause to the people around them is irrelevant if you're going to compare drug usage to assault.

Not to derail this any more... but.. umm, you should probably think a little bit more about your statement. I'm not going to give you my opinion on that, because then you'd create an argument... I'll just let you think of why that statement is wrong.

"

And D3 isn't offering microtransactions, they're introducing a new currency into the economy of D3 which players can use to trade. Blizzard isn't offering any items themselves.

Not in traditional style, but they still are. They make money from the flat fees and then they take a cut. They're putting it out as if it's just an innocent way of controlling the black market. F' that sh'it! They're greedy little pricks and they know exactly what they're doing. They're trying to mask it like they're not trying to control the market, and they're not going to make any real money from it, and this is not micro-transactions... can you smell bullshit? I can.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info