Congratulations

"
Jmancini wrote:
The transactions are Player to Player with Blizzard taking a cut. They involve the exchange of real money. Therefore, players gain huge advantage by spending real money that Blizzard gets a cut of. Its the very definition of BS microtrans.

No they don't. The items still have to be farmed and found, they don't just magically spawn in the auction house.

"
crucifier wrote:
Thing is, it will literally be a deterrent to my fun if I know some rich kid can spend 5 minutes playing the game and buy the uber item that I have been trying to farm for weeks. It takes 100% of the fun out of doing actual runs and playing the effing game if I can spend 1000x less time pressing the buy button at the auction house and getting maxed out in gear in a minute for $10.

EDIT: Also, you say players wanted it because they used d2jsp? Well what if I went to go download hacks for diablo? That means all players MUST want it right? I mean if people went and got hacks, why don't they just put them in the game too? It doesn't hurt anyone else.

Some people have more money than time. It's an option. This option doesn't affect the PvE experience at all, and the PvP in Diablo games have always been a giant joke, so they're just continuing the tradition.

Hacks give the player an advantage over people not using hacks. False analogy.

"
Jmancini wrote:
And as for the argument that well, PLAYERS are making money doing this...

I play video games to have fun, not to stress out about current market values of video game items. If i want to make money, I'll go to work, thank you. Totally ruining the GAME aspect of the GAME.

Right, because there's a real money auction house in the game you're OBLIGATED to care and stress over it, for no reason at all.
Hahahaha.

"
bkboggy wrote:
"

Something like assault results in bodily harm to others, things like meth only harm the person doing it. Taking into account any effects that a meth user could cause to the people around them is irrelevant if you're going to compare drug usage to assault.

Not to derail this any more... but.. umm, you should probably think a little bit more about your statement. I'm not going to give you my opinion on that, because then you'd create an argument... I'll just let you think of why that statement is wrong.

"

And D3 isn't offering microtransactions, they're introducing a new currency into the economy of D3 which players can use to trade. Blizzard isn't offering any items themselves.

Not in traditional style, but they still are. They make money from the flat fees and then they take a cut. They're putting it out as if it's just an innocent way of controlling the black market. F' that sh'it! They're greedy little pricks and they know exactly what they're doing. They're trying to mask it like they're not trying to control the market, and they're not going to make any real money from it, and this is not micro-transactions... can you smell bullshit? I can.

"You're wrong.. I'm not gonna tell you why, but you're wrong." great argument friend.

You're seeing things that aren't there because you're letting your emotions do the thinking. Maybe try logic and reason over emotion.
oh i just read that on ign too. but blizzards cant compete against the online market that already exists in asia who uses bots to sell stuff for extremely cheap
Maybe I have this wrong. If you pay to buy another persons item through the auction house with real money, that player gets the ingame value of that money in gold? Or does this game have like a paypal setup so you actually get money from from you auction house items?
"Some people have more money than time"

What the fuck? Since when is playing the damn game NOT the purpose of having a game??? Play the fuckin game in your spare time to get the stuff. After a while you will have endgame gear, simple as that. You are literally making your initial purchase less of a value if you get end game items with no effort.

The game is there for fun, not to make you miserable until you get the items.

"Hacks give the player an advantage over people not using hacks. False analogy."

Blizz has stated they implemented the real money system in order to protect players from malicious sites or scammers. Well this could also be applied to hacks. Take, for example, a map hack. That doesn't really give you an effective advantage over other players, and many hacks are usually found on shady sites. If they use the same reasoning for these relatively harmless hacks as they do for the loot system, they should be monetizing them and making them official(or even just a feature in the game).
"
Some people have more money than time. It's an option. This option doesn't affect the PvE experience at all, and the PvP in Diablo games have always been a giant joke, so they're just continuing the tradition.

Hacks give the player an advantage over people not using hacks. False analogy.

So... you're saying that if Joe and Bob start off at the same time and play exactly the same way.... by using hacks, Bob will gain an advantage? Right? Right. What makes you think that by buying items because he has more money, Bob will not gain an unfair advantage? People play games because GAMES ARE NOT REAL! It's an illusion and fantasy. I don't want to see anyone have an unfair advantage because they got more money, we have enough of that in real life.

"

"You're wrong.. I'm not gonna tell you why, but you're wrong." great argument friend.

You're seeing things that aren't there because you're letting your emotions do the thinking. Maybe try logic and reason over emotion.

Great logic indeed. I want you to use your brain and think about what you're saying, instead of just spitting out nonsense that you've heard from someone else.

I rarely bash others... but you, my friend (as you call me), need to rethink your logic.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
Calm down, why should we worry about D3 when theres PoE - the remedy of all Diablo fans. Since I found the game I gave up following D3 at all and only found out these news here :D

My thoughts:
Its wrong. Totally wrong. Any real money advantage is wrong. Now that WoW has convinced the crowd that its only "endgame" that matters there will only be much more RM users since not having maxed gear "sucks" and, heck, RM is LEGALL!

This totally breaks trading along with item related accomplishments in the game for me.
Now imagine you found that extremely rare Awesome Club of Uberness with 0.0000000009% droprate from a boss after nights and nights of runs that seemed like forever. Happy should you be? Mate, you just found 5 bucks. Worth the effort? Hell no.

This totally breaks creation of new characters (along with the news on skills btw). Not only theres pretty much no reason to have more than one character of a class, creating an alt now means extra XXX $ spent, be those real or relative.

The argument that I keep hearing that it wont affect you if you don't want to spend? EVERYONE who is a part of the economy is affected. And since its legalised we only get more affected by RM.

Blizzard will have more control over botters and such? Look at D2 and their "control". NOW botters gonna earn them money (they get their share), another good reason to control them? Think again.

PvP was a joke and supposed to remain that way? Now THATS an argument! If I was one of those PvPers who poured HUNDREDS of hours into their characters, perfecting them and having fun playing against other people just like them, I'd really feel offended.

Just my thoughts, thanks to PoE I'm really not worried (=
Last edited by nermind on Aug 1, 2011, 2:01:31 PM
Some people are taking it too seriously.

You need to read it entirely, the money you get via the auction house is "bound" to your Battle.NET account.

That means, you WON'T get any CASH from the sales. You will just credit your account to buy some of the Blizzard stuffs they sell on their eshop. Goodies, timecard, games, etc etc...

Who the fuck would throw his item in the AH knowing his money will be locked there ?

I prefer to trade it to another player to get what I want (more gold, items etc).

Did I light up your thoughts about this system ? :p
Hack&Slash lover!
"
aRKENz wrote:

You need to read it entirely, the money you get via the auction house is "bound" to your Battle.NET account.

That means, you WON'T get any CASH from the sales. You will just credit your account to buy some of the Blizzard stuffs they sell on their eshop. Goodies, timecard, games, etc etc...

Who the fuck would throw his item in the AH knowing his money will be locked there ?

I prefer to trade it to another player to get what I want (more gold, items etc).

You should read a little further... Blizzard is arranging an outside company to handle real money transactions if players wish to go outside of b.net account. Once transaction is made you have a choice of either transferring the money to that company to cash it in or feed it into your b.net account. After that, you won't be able to turn it into real cash. You may also bring the cash from the outside exactly the same way.

The only reason Blizzard did the b.net account thing is because they do not wish to handle transactions that would put them in a banking theme (and a shit load of laws and regulations to follow).
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
Last edited by bkboggy on Aug 1, 2011, 3:03:29 PM
"
aRKENz wrote:

You can cash in each auction for real cash for an additional fee to blizzard.
"

Calm down, why should we worry about D3 when theres PoE - the remedy of all Diablo fans.

You are right... Still, sad.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info