Build of the Week: Season 2 Episode 4 (Two-week Race Build)

"
Pivovar wrote:

Hey would you be so kind as to make a skill tree for level 50-70 or w/e level of points you think is needed for the core part of the build?

This build is made for 2 weak hardcore race and since i dont do races or hardcore it would be hard for me to speculate on what is the right balance, but i know for certain that molten strike is not a competitive skill so making optimal in this situation is difficult.

In general this skill is most effective when focusing on multiple projectiles landing on same enemies. This is called shotgun effect. To achieve that you need concentrated effect to concentrate general area where projectiles land and grater multiple projectiles to increase numbers of projectiles.
Iron grip and point blank is a must to have keyskills. Personally i like evasion, acrobatics and ondars guile more then iron reflexes also i would plan around 6l. I would probably ditch bloodmagic for life leech and get some mana regen/leech.
Last edited by kavinux on May 7, 2014, 7:38:15 AM
Respectfully, these guys must have been playing on an augmented server, or at the very least 24 hours per day. Gear like this doesn't drop within a 2 week period of playing PoE.

Calling BS, but I will try for the heck of it anyway.
today i dropped quite a decent sword (for self found standards)

this is probably my second best 1h sword since i started playing OB

and it seems that it is still worse than that '2 week, no trading' corsair (lgoh for molten strike is huge, even with such small value)

Chris, you had to do it? 6mod rares better than most players' gear after year of playing? 'example gear'?
Last edited by sidtherat on May 7, 2014, 3:32:41 PM
stunlock byebye
no dmg byebye (hell even on 5 LINK!!!)

this tree is a no-go for maps

the point blank and unwavering stance thing makes this look like a bloody beginners build who never made it to merciless on hc.
but wait, you actually made the game?! is this a noobtrap guide? or am I just a bad flamer?
no one mentioned the use of RT w/ a sword....

or the mention of a unique rustic sash in the vendor recipe...
twitch.tv/jfpforever
Last edited by jfpforever on May 7, 2014, 10:14:16 PM
"It's a good starting build for a race like this, and will give you a decent character to use in the invasion league once this race is over"

I didn't know your characters moved to a 4 month league after a race.
I made this almost exact build with an older 70 + char i had lying around and he sucked... only did 4 k damage on a 5 link with higher level gems... i even had iron grip and conc effect and on a Doryani's catalyst, well over 180 percent WED, 30 fire, just weak, weak, weak. I would have been more effective using a physical siege axe and a knuckle and reaving.
Sure, Alpha's Howl is a nice hat. But what are the other two man? What are you trying to get at? Honestly they aren't very well rolled hats. Pure Evasion with no life, and a 70 life roll with 8 resistance? Sorry man, not trying to troll, but those hats wouldn't even sell for 1 chaos.

"
LostForm wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
few more comments:

wen trough my gear and i have a belt better than the one posted! yay me. after playing for more than a year in OB+release.
but my highest helmet is 690 armor and is worthless otherwise. nice self found gear, yeah right. as you can see pretty much everyone call this 'no trading'.. a lie.

second: any plan to ever create Evasion char? because the moment you mentioned youll showcase a build for this league I KNEW that Iron Reflexes are going to be used. that was obvious with any poe experience. the 'crutch' keystone and evasion removal

third: that plumeral invader probably killed you soon after the recording ended or you needed TP to refill potions. not a good sign - rebalance is not really balanced (we'll see) or the build even with such gear is not really that cool. life leech from the tree with molten strike does almost nothing so better get (lucky) vaal orb on one of these rings/amus to get +1% fire leech

self-found all three over the last few days, with no IIR, from 66-70 maps. Less QQ more pew pew, you can self find gear.

(actually the laquered helm I found around level 50 on my other trap character, have had it for awhile, but I found it before i started mapping)
"
kavinux wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
kavinux wrote:
Skill tree is not optimal, gem combination is bad and gear is cheated.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Ok for those who question. In skill tree taking Berserking 6 wasted points, Diamond skin 2 wasted points, melee physical damage instead of some attack speed and projectile damage in starting area, taking blood drinker, taking increased AOE 2 wasted points, attack speed from bandits 1 point, Templar endurance charge 1 point because you can take from merc bandits. Also point blank and Iron grip not taken.
Skill gems are bad because 2 merc act 3 fixture of fate rewords.
Gem combination Molten Strike, Melee Physical Damage, Multistrike, Melee Splash, Blood Magic very bad becouse it benefits only initial hit. For no trading swap melee physical for wed and melee splash for lmp. If you trade use Molten, GMP, CON, MULTI, BM.
Gear is cheated because with current drop rate its not possible to find best base items with 6 suff/aff at lvl 72

rekt
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
you forgot the 2 reduced mana gems which aren't skill rewards for a duelist. So he had 2 reduced mana gems, a 2nd blood magic gem, and either a multistrike or CoDT drop in 2 weeks on the same character.

Ignoring all other aspects of what seems wrong here. I highly highly highly doubt anyone has ever had 2 reduced mana, a blood magic gem, and 1 multistrike/codt drop for them in a 2 week period.
ign: Vixien

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info