Build of the Week: Season 2 Episode 4 (Two-week Race Build)

"
kavinux wrote:
Skill tree is not optimal, gem combination is bad and gear is cheated.

Pics or it didn't happen.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
kavinux wrote:

Just watch the vid
Completed 8/8 Challenges Ons/Ana
8/8 Challenges Nem/Dom #1 Templar Nem/Dom
6/8 Challenges Invasion/Ambush #1 Templar 2 Week Race
8/8 Challenges Beyond/Rampage & Bloodlines/Torment #1 Templar BL (lvl100)
IGN: BeerBeastTheBurninator | 8/8 Temp/Warb | 32/32 TalismanHC | 40/40 PerandusHC
"
irukandji wrote:
this build is not about efficiency guys its about building it without trading for gems or gear

Seriously? There is no way in hell the gear shown here was self found. It was traded for or hacked into existence. As such, what excuse is there for not choosing proper skill tree nodes and/or using proper skill gems for the build being shown?

Another question, what is the point of showing a race build that use unfindable gear? The gear shown here you could spend 2 weeks in trade chat and still not acquire it.

it is possible to make a char like this, even a week i think.
if you know what to do.
Give me your heart,
And i will give you beauty,
Beyond your darkest dreams. -Atziri, Queen of the Vaal
not sure why people are hyped for molten strike, clear speed seems so slow with it. Id take infernal blow over it any day

i think we will see another round of searing bond/flameblast
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
I think, though I haven't confirmed this yet as I'm actually levelling a variation of this build in Ambush, that melee phys is actually a weaker link setup in the long run.

Seeing as any melee physical damage selected only impacts the initial strike of the build, and does not further modify (or more correctly, double dip) any damage improvement to the projectile portion of the attack, I've elected to utilize the following link setup in a 4L:

Molten Strike - Multistrike - Faster attacks - Weapon Elemental Damage
5L: added fire / blood magic
6L: the other one

While going for hatred, determination and anger for auras, running pure armour and avoiding iron reflexes. While this lowers the flexibility for self-found gear, with this particular setup it allows flexibility in the passive tree to grab additional armour/life hybrid nodes in the marauder branch instead of the duelist ar/eva hybrid nodes taken in the BotW example on the way to IR. It's easily adjustable depending on playstyle and statistical preference.

I haven't yet built this to the point of auras, but this is what my tree looks like at level 46 with approximately 3.6k dps using Rigvald's Charge and utilizing Resolute Technique:

Current level 46 setup, preparing to switch to 1h/shield
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAecFLRo4GlUnLzJ-Mok26DpSR35T31cNV-JY21nzXz9gS2EhZKNlTWaeah5uaXKpdO1253fleu982YTZhO-QVZHOmSubLZuDns2krKcwp4SoGKvFrKqvjbvtvJ-9gb6nwBrSIeOf7DjvDvIv9zI=

Eventually this will switch into sword and board around level 53, and look something like this at level 85-ish:

possible level 85 setup
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAecCcQSzBS0S4RRNFm8XHRcvGNsZhRo4GlUabB0UIWAjTSSqJy8ppS3SMn4yiTboNuk4ljpSOthANkCgR35KfU4qU99VxlXWVw1X4ljbWfNbr18_YEthIWSjZOdlTWaeZ6BqHm5pcql07XTxdud35XrvfNmApITZhO-Hdo1-j0aQCpBVkc6bLZuDnrmezaIApKynMKeEqBirxayqrK-vjbT5txe3trvtvJ--p8AaxLjNmM9l0NDSIdX43Q3jauOf7DjvDvAf8i_z3fcy-tL8xQ==

One adjustment I may make is instead of going upwards from Acceleration to add more projectile damage and attack speed, I may move up into Berzerking, seeing as Iron Grip has been taken to provide a boost to the projectile damage.

You'll also notice that this variation relies heavily on netting 4.5% regen between duelist, marauder and templar trees so as to free up mana space, providing massive life regen (along with the 0.2% boost per endurance charge) and setting up the aura reservation to permit, but not rely on, vitality.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on May 6, 2014, 3:14:26 PM
Ok, I'm calling it: drop rates will be massively increased in the two week charity league!

We can see from Chris' video that rares are dropping regularly and we can see from his lvl 72 gear, that rares with six affixes will be easier to find than usual.

Hallelujah!

[On the other hand, Chris may have used some twisted logic like "if I induce a 100x increase in the drop rate (with a handsome complementary rarity boost) whilst I prepare this build, I can simulate a two week time span in 4 hours and get this BoTW finished on time!"].
There has to be a low point where some people stop complaining because it's just not worth it, and I have yet to see it. - Squeakypaw, 2013
Last edited by obadonke on May 6, 2014, 2:57:02 PM
"
obadonke wrote:
Ok, I'm calling it: drop rates will be massively increased in the two week charity league!

Given that the charity league parents to Invasion when the league is over, I highly doubt it would have a drop rate increase that could poison the Invasion economy.
First off Chris, thank you for posting the build and great job on the video and presentation. The quality of the Botw videos has really improved, as has the content. This has again become my favourite news update on POE, I look forward to it every week.

And for those that doubt the self found nature of this build, consider this. Do you think that it might be possible, that Chris knows a thing or two about the game that collectively hasn't been figured out yet? ;)
"
alfims wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
kavinux wrote:

Just watch the vid

"God is real!"

Proof?

"Just read the bible!"
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info