Build of the Week: Season 2 Episode 4 (Two-week Race Build)

[DOUBLE POST ERROR]

...................................................₪₪╔═══════════════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ⓡ ⓔ ⓑ ⓔ ⓛ ●๋ ⓔ ⓧ ⓘ ⓛ ⓔ▀▄▀░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓██████▓▒░
...................................................₪₪╚═══════════════════════╝₪₪
Last edited by Kandamo on May 10, 2014, 8:05:41 AM
Ohh! cant believe this! the build is so original! i never thought the build of the week was going to be about the new skill: molten strike!!

Bitch please.. the skill doesnt have that much time in the game to make a 'build of the week' - theres nothing particular or amazing in this build, just the fact that it uses the new skill as it is intended: Equip gem, spamm skill... SO FUCKING RIGINAL. ggg just wants to promote this new stupid skills with the excuse that it is the 'build' of the week.

...................................................₪₪╔═══════════════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ⓡ ⓔ ⓑ ⓔ ⓛ ●๋ ⓔ ⓧ ⓘ ⓛ ⓔ▀▄▀░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓██████▓▒░
...................................................₪₪╚═══════════════════════╝₪₪
No, the new skill is actually quite fun. This actually have several viable support options, and all the way from top templar areas (with the shock node / dragon helm) down to ranger with point blank there is almost no nodes that cant be used for it (projectile / phys / fire / ele) which means SO many options - and I really enjoy building and improving on that (although i could wish for a secondary tooltip for the projectile dps so i dont have to spend all my time in google docs ;D )

But the bigger problem sadly, is that even if I theorycraft for a week before this, there is 0% chance to make a build that could compete with searing bong. (In normal leagues I can level a bit slower with builds I make and have fun with it) but here its a race... And u get 2 gems from quests, searing bond and increased burning damage.

The biggest challenge for this build, will be to somehow make a 2-link for searing bond and burning damage, and locate and click all life nodes in the tree. (after 60 u just spec into whatever u like, but im pretty sure people will go for that cyclone)

I wish that bond was banned for this race or atleast nerfed would atleast be more fun from 1-60.
IGN: SmellyBadgerS / LadyRamonaS
"
Chris wrote:
No trading was done to make the character.

Excuse me but how did you get TWO REDUCED MANA GEMS? Did you make two mules? And how on earth did you get a 5L astral at level 72? Especially considering it's a 5L 5S and thus it probably did drop like this. (it's stupid to link a 5S item) That's not exactly "average". Also, all the base items are incredibly high base for a lvl 72 char. If I am level 72 with SF gear I still have level 40 bases etc and still wearing pieces from Cruel.

To be honest I do not believe you found all these GG items at level 72. Sure at level 85 or so you could have this good gear with some luck but not at level 72. The chance that you find TITAN GREAVES + TITAN GAUNTLETS + 5L ASTRAL + 2 REDUCED MANA GEMS + ROYAL BURGONET WITH 900 ARMOR + BAUBLES FOR 5 FLASKS + 2 GRANITE FLASKS is simply way too miniscule. Heck when I was SF I did not find ANY granite (or jade) flasks. Also a HC char at this level usually grinds docks or lunaris. You can't find this gear in lunaris and the chance of finding the base items in the post in lunaris is MINISCULE.

My personal belief is that you (or whoever made the build) did not trade, but just used unlimited currency until you thought that "the gear was good enough for the level". Why do I believe this? It was EXACTLY the same when GGG Neon made the spectral throw build. He LITERALLY said on a stream that he just used chaos orbs until the gear had good rolls. WTF is the point of this?
Last edited by glh5 on May 10, 2014, 10:45:34 AM
"
kavinux wrote:
Ok for those who question. In skill tree taking Berserking 6 wasted points, Diamond skin 2 wasted points, melee physical damage instead of some attack speed and projectile damage in starting area, taking blood drinker, taking increased AOE 2 wasted points, attack speed from bandits 1 point, Templar endurance charge 1 point because you can take from merc bandits. Also point blank and Iron grip not taken.
Skill gems are bad because 2 merc act 3 fixture of fate rewords.
Gem combination Molten Strike, Melee Physical Damage, Multistrike, Melee Splash, Blood Magic very bad becouse it benefits only initial hit. For no trading swap melee physical for wed and melee splash for lmp. If you trade use Molten, GMP, CON, MULTI, BM.
Gear is cheated because with current drop rate its not possible to find best base items with 6 suff/aff at lvl 72

good post m8
Last edited by glh5 on May 10, 2014, 10:49:37 AM
I know Chris isn't likely to see this, now that I post this late - But I felt this build of the week was upping the level a notch, really good job!
This buils looks quite fun to use, nice job on the video !

I'm just starting with it, and hope I won't get crushed too soon ^^
https://www.youtube.com/user/PeipeMasta
Last edited by DjParagon on May 11, 2014, 7:35:17 PM
Ok i'll share the build i decided to make based on kavinux's advice:

build for level 74 i think:

build at level 45:

thoughts about the build so far:
It's probably not the fastest but i am having fun. Also playing solo with no trading done. And for the current gear (res capped in cruel). Only thing missing is dispel frozen flask.
Spoiler

had a lot of gems drop, mostly useless to me but reduced mana was the best drop so far.
IGN: FoughtBledAndWeptForGod, WoE_HitoZ

stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hitokirizoro
good

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info