Build of the Week: Season 2 Episode 3

Thanks for bringing BotW back :)

Expensive gear, but considering he's level 88, he's had enough time to farm currency / find and sell good items.
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Alot of people not understanding it seems , this build of the week was supposed to be an expensive , endgame build , while many others have been kinda cheap builds that anyone can make.

they have to spice it up you know :D
It is expensive, yes but as crit dagger builds go it's on the less expensive side and does a lot for it's cost :)
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Problem with a build like this: Physical daggers don't drop.

I've played up to lvl 77 maps with my 86 witch and have not found a Phys dagger better than Mightflay. Might be terrible drop luck, but still. I have found things worth 20 ex and still haven't found one. That's the main problem I have with daggers, since I prefer finding stuff myself but for this build you basically need to buy a dagger unless you are very lucky and find one.
"
khemintiri wrote:
this build of the week was supposed to be an expensive, endgame build, while many others have been kinda cheap builds that anyone can make

For me, main problem with this game and this episode puts a stress on it, is that there are "expensive" builds and "cheap" builds, but should be "hard to farm for" builds and "easy to farm for" builds.

Anticipation slowly dissipates...
"
heromon wrote:
this is an expensive build for end game. casual player wont be able to afford all the items.

having say this, this build would still work with cheaper item. but its dps is hugely decrease.
crit + dps dagger are not cheap.

good build tho. fun to play and watch

This build can be done with few investment. I really don't know why people say it "another build for rich bastards" which is totally nonsense to me

Lightning coil is 2 ex on invasion
Crest of perandus is 2 chaos
A 200 to 220 DPs dagger is from 10 chaos to 1 ex
Rest of gear is subjective and depends on your resist needs, but can be obtained with 2 exalt at most (i bought mine for 2 ex similar to its)

Add maybe 3-4 exalts worth of jewelers and fusings to 5l armor, tho you can get a 5l lighning coild for 5 ex

These prices in invasion. In ambush it's probably waaaaaaaaay lower

This build can be done with 6 to 9 exalts total. Also Bino, lightning coil and a 6 link ARE NOT A NECESSITY FOR THIS BUILD.
"
Mahesys wrote:
This build can be done with 6 to 9 exalts total. Also Bino, lightning coil and a 6 link ARE NOT A NECESSITY FOR THIS BUILD.

Exactly.
So either next week we're seeing nerfs to Lightning Coil, Spectral Throw, Bino's and crit chance on daggers, or the fact the build of the week is resumed with this video means GGG is now ok with people achieving these sorts of builds. I wonder...

Thanks for bringing the feature back!
"
cuss wrote:
Hey, Chris. Take a look at Kaiserin's Hybrid Synergiser Wander 6 Auras + lvl 26 AA. 107k chain 320k barrage. This one is rather worth to mention about!

Build of the week should be around making interesting builds around unique playstyle and/or Uniques.

Not 100+ Exalted down the drain builds, as that build OBVIOUSLY is.

I'm disappointed in this build of the week, it's obviously the most overused Skill in the game, which they should just remove in the next Softcore/Hardcore Leagues, just to see how people would react, they'd have no clue what to play.

Seriously, build of the week used to be a interesting way to get ideas to your own unique build, now it's just if you get this item dropped you're rich since everybody is copy+pasting it.

Really, I remember when GGG said Uniques were never meant to be the always-GG gear in the game, and look at where we are now..
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
Last edited by Derpey on Apr 29, 2014, 6:30:45 AM
"
Mahesys wrote:

This build can be done with few investment. I really don't know why people say it "another build for rich bastards" which is totally nonsense to me

Lightning coil is 2 ex on invasion
Crest of perandus is 2 chaos
A 200 to 220 DPs dagger is from 10 chaos to 1 ex
Rest of gear is subjective and depends on your resist needs, but can be obtained with 2 exalt at most (i bought mine for 2 ex similar to its)

Add maybe 3-4 exalts worth of jewelers and fusings to 5l armor, tho you can get a 5l lighning coild for 5 ex

These prices in invasion. In ambush it's probably waaaaaaaaay lower

And now, try to find those items yourself. Good luck. I for one don't find fun in playing shopping list game.

Anticipation slowly dissipates...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info