Unique Chests in Content Update 1.1.3

How much and often have you farmed with a halfway decent character?

Not saying its fair one way or the other, but i enjoy farming. I get some silly idea, see a new unique, or just feel out a char in the creation of it. Inbetween that is a month or two of nothing but Piety runs and maps. One or two MF'ers have like 180/60(standard melee ghetto MF).

You get some luck, you save some jewelers, you 5 and 6 link some chests, you sell some gear, you buy what you want and make new chars.

That's how "progression" works for most people in this game.

"
Fatto wrote:
"
BaggerX wrote:
"
jeppesu wrote:
When do we get something cool in Invasion?

HC league is for all those people who think we shouldn't be able to get any cool endgame gear unless we play 20 hours a day and know every mechanic and trick there is. HC people don't want stuff like this. Grind4Life amirite?!

Invasion is my first HC league. Never even found a decent item in SC. I want cool endgame gear. I usually end up at level 60 with 4 link items and damage that I can barely progress with. I've never owned a single 6 link item. It does kind of get annoying how I can play so much yet get so little in terms of game wealth.

I know the game wouldn't really work if everyone had GG gear, but I have put so much time into this game and have never owned an item worth more than an exalt. Well I have sold two items for more than an exalt, but that is always after league end and items end up in standard league. A league I don't like playing in as every decent item costs like, 20 exalts or more.
Maybe it'll make the game more fair for non-nolife players since killing atziri for glass cannon chars is nearly out of the question without a kaoms to buff hp sufficiently.
Next step, a Shavrone box, since it's the core item of 3k builds.(nerf it seriously...)

Good addition GGG.
How about bringing all these cool new features to the default leagues? So I can stop playing D3 and come back to PoE.
IGN: Orrus, Funishment, Grumblethorpe
Creator of TQ:IT xMax mod: http://tinyurl.com/d5odb5u
Usually I'm here to defend you guys GGG..
But what the hell are you doing to this game? I remember when we struggled to clear 70's, and running really high maps was incredibly hard and rewarding. Now a spec is judged more on how fast it can roll over a 78. You keep making things more and more casual, and you're going to keep losing the hardcore fans of this game. The people who spend money.
This isn't all about this 1 thing, unique strongboxes seem cool enough. Since I'm betting more than 90% of the games population is in ambush (It has to be more than usual, all of my HC/Nem/Inv friends are in ambush or have quit.), it's smart to throw item's at them from a short term customer retaining point of view.
It's the direction of this game, making it easier and easier that's turning me off.
Hopefully enough people stay for you to fix the mess you guys have made with the overall game direction. I don't think that you would even take the opportunity though.
Ign - Nef_Reave
"
It drops other Kaom uniques also, so there will probably be some QQ threads when someone gets the axe, the ring or the boots instead.

proof how well ggg knows the community.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Orrus wrote:
How about bringing all these cool new features to the default leagues? So I can stop playing D3 and come back to PoE.

I am surprised you need those in standard to play. I recently bought D3/RoS and I hit a gear wall(only upgrades legendary/set) in literally a week and get bored of it after a couple rifts/bounties.
Self found and solo (mostly)
I have been contemplating a treasure hunter build and this announcement may be the catalyst to start up that toon.

Something along the lines of shadow or marauder, whirling blades or leap slam, supported with faster attacks, reduced mana and reduced duration if it helps travel speed.

Basic build, fast killing for both AoE and single target damage for taking out mobs and those pesky chests guarded by rogue exiles.

Needs really high IIQ and. IIR

Needs realy high resist and armor/life, as I don't think evasion will help with exploding boxes.

Need something to deal with freezing when box opens.

Concept would be to start an instance, explore the entire map quickly only stopping for boxes. Mod all white boxes with chance orbs (if they have a chance to make the box unique). Kill all, grab loot, wash rinse repeat.

(Would need to buy more stash tabs.)

What would you do for a speedy treasure hunter build?

Last edited by grimjacked on Apr 24, 2014, 11:40:25 AM
"
Brockston wrote:
I am surprised you need those in standard to play. I recently bought D3/RoS and I hit a gear wall(only upgrades legendary/set) in literally a week and get bored of it after a couple rifts/bounties.

Yes D3 is incredibly boring, but my point is all these awesome new features being added to PoE are not accessible for people who play default. I quit PoE a month or two ago because as a default player I didn't have access to any of the new content. I have hundreds upon hundreds of hours invested in default, and I'm not going to throw that away to play in a new league. We only get the left-overs and kitchen scraps of new content after 5 months when the league ends, then it repeats all over again with new content we don't have access to.
IGN: Orrus, Funishment, Grumblethorpe
Creator of TQ:IT xMax mod: http://tinyurl.com/d5odb5u
Kaom's Actual Heart - support gem - red - requires level 60 and 100 strength - linked active skills are supported by level 15 melee physical damage, level 15 stun and level 15 endurance charge on melee stun. -30% cold resistance, -10% move speed. Extra gore.

"
Dreggon wrote:
Can you add in a unique item called "Kaom's Actual Heart" which is literally just a heart and doesn't do anything?
"
Orrus wrote:
"
Brockston wrote:

Yes D3 is incredibly boring, but my point is all these awesome new features being added to PoE are not accessible for people who play default. I quit PoE a month or two ago because as a default player I didn't have access to any of the new content. I have hundreds upon hundreds of hours invested in default, and I'm not going to throw that away to play in a new league. We only get the left-overs and kitchen scraps of new content after 5 months when the league ends, then it repeats all over again with new content we don't have access to.

So you are getting new content updates every 4 months after all of the kinks have been worked out. It just so happens that you don't want to take part in the testing of the new content before it hits standard league.

You are still getting the new content, rogue exiles, shrines, they already said the are looking to put the strong boxes after ambush league is finished. I do not understand your complaint, you prove your own point wrong.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info