[Official] WINE info thread

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
That would be Manjaro Linux 0.8.4 xfce. It's an up and coming distro but it's not as popular as Linux Mint or Ubuntu.

I agree that it's a dependency issue with your distro.

You could try

$ sudo yaourt -S libwbclient lib32-libwbclient libntlm lib32-libntlm

or

$ sudo pacman -S libldap lib32-libldap

Good luck. :)

I think I'm going to try a different OS instead. I haven't been able to get anything else running either.
There is no problem under Arch linux this game or other games with PoL run great. You just need to learn how to set it up. Look up some archwiki's or look up some youtube videos
Arch Linux is a bit difficult to install.So I was thinking about give Sabayon Linux a shot.Does anyone know if it has any dependency issues?
"
Arch Linux is a bit difficult to install.So I was thinking about give Sabayon Linux a shot.Does anyone know if it has any dependency issues?

Why? Linux Mint or Ubuntu (all based on Debian) have such a rich pool of packages and information available. Unless you have a good reason not to use these, I'd suggest going with a widely used release that comes with a lot right out of the box like these do. Most of the other flavors of Linux are pretty much only for gurus.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"

Why? Linux Mint or Ubuntu (all based on Debian) have such a rich pool of packages and information available. Unless you have a good reason not to use these, I'd suggest going with a widely used release that comes with a lot right out of the box like these do. Most of the other flavors of Linux are pretty much only for gurus.

Because I like rolling release which neither Ubuntu or Linux Mint does. I also like the constant updates of software.
Why? Linux Mint or Ubuntu (all based on Debian) have such a rich pool of packages and information available. Unless you have a good reason not to use these, I'd suggest going with a widely used release that comes with a lot right out of the box like these do. Most of the other flavors of Linux are pretty much only for gurus.[/quote]
Because I like rolling release which neither Ubuntu or Linux Mint does. I also like the constant updates of software.[/quote]
"
Sovyn wrote:

Because I like rolling release which neither Ubuntu or Linux Mint does. I also like the constant updates of software. I also heard that both of the latest releases kernel is a mess. But for the most part the constant updates and rolling releases.
Last edited by DementedKumquat on Mar 17, 2013, 9:48:53 PM
if you subscribe to the testing or unstable branch you get latest software and updates. that's why I have Debian sid. it is the unstable branch.
"
Drakier wrote:
if you subscribe to the testing or unstable branch you get latest software and updates. that's why I have Debian sid. it is the unstable branch.

And that is why I don't want to do that.Arch Linux and Sabayon Linux don't say they're unstable or are they not as stable as I'm thinking they are?
Last edited by DementedKumquat on Mar 17, 2013, 10:50:35 PM
it's just a name. it's not actually that unstable. I've only had it break a couple of times and was usually fixed in a couple of hours. I imagine anything with frequent updates will break on occasion. but that is where the popularity helps out. because it is popular, they find and fix stuff quick.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info