[Official] WINE info thread

"
zengrey wrote:
Hello there,

I was directed to this page to try and install something so I can play PoE on my Mac. I am not a programmer, nor a coder. I cook for a living. I enjoy playing this game, and will enjoy doing so again in the future, if someone can please simplify this for me. I have no understanding of what I am supposed to be doing with these links and instructions. Any assistance will be appreciated. Thank you. Cheers,

Antonie La Chappelle (zengrey) mzgrey@hotmail.com

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/29460
"
zengrey wrote:
Hello there,

I was directed to this page to try and install something so I can play PoE on my Mac. I am not a programmer, nor a coder. I cook for a living. I enjoy playing this game, and will enjoy doing so again in the future, if someone can please simplify this for me. I have no understanding of what I am supposed to be doing with these links and instructions. Any assistance will be appreciated. Thank you. Cheers,

Antonie La Chappelle (zengrey) mzgrey@hotmail.com

Also check this Mac port thread for latest updates.
"
Liobia wrote:
My game crashes now when I start a game with the following errors on the CLI:

"
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libdlfaker.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object 'librrfaker.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0
err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code e0000001 flags 0 addr 0x7b83ba92

and an exeption error reading:
"
Unable to create texture. D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE Not Available

Any ideas?
Btw .. I tried installing the lib32-virtualgl package from the AURs (using Archlinux, yeah). Makes matters even worse, game doesn't even start anymore.

"
err:olepicture:OleLoadPicture IPersistStream_Load failed
AL lib: oss_open_playback: Could not open /dev/dsp: No such file or directory
err:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo couldn't initialize OpenGL, expect problems
Direct3D9 is not available without OpenGL.

This says everything, I guess. :>

Everything is fine now. A missing dependency was the problem - lib32-virtualgl :)
Tested OK on ArchLinux (albeit it crashes a few times especially when tweaking the postprocessing).

Also on Fedora 17 - no problems.

If you have problems with one of those you can try to contact me :)
This work with the latest patch?
Yes, wine works for all PoE versions. If there is ever a major change which is unsupported by vanilla wine, there will be at least a few comments here about it, and then the necessary workaround to make it work again.
Maybe I can receive some help here but please forgive me I am new to Mac and WINE. As I have stated in the thread by Julus about the v3 wrapper for PoE I am running a new Macbook Pro (mid 2012). I am currently able to run the game fine with no crashes I just have a few graphics issues that I am trying to figure out.

Curses and Auras don't show up properly. I get a graphic for them but they seem very low texture even though I have all the graphics options as high as they will go.

Also the little monkeys and the chaos damage mobs(not the snakes) do not render. If I mouse over them I do get an outline of them.

Ground effects do no show. This means poison arrow cloud, fire on the ground from the hellion dogs, tar on the ground from the zombies.

The leveling up effect is missing most of its particles as well.

I have ruled out heat. I cannot manually update my Nvidia drivers but have no updates available to me. I have tried adding "-gc 1" or w/e it was to the flags for the exe and had no luck. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Plan on installing windows via bootcamp but I want this game to be working 100% on both.

Also this model has the Intel HD4000 and the Nvidia 650m graphics cards in and the Nvidia is active when I start the game. I have noticed that the adapter option in the graphics settings in the game is grayed out and I cannot change it from Direct3D HAL. Not sure if this is an issue or not.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
FAQ made through many hours of enduring global chat in Normal

I'm.running this game.through wine on a mac.. does anyone have any solutions for
My graphics being Direct3D HAL
Invisible apes in a2 ? Please help if possible
Very cool to see a wine support thread, looking forward to trying POE in linux when open beta hits.

Ideally we would have a native linux client, but thats probably hoping for too much
VSync was stuck on (60FPS normally, dips caused it to go to 30FPS) even though I had "Sync to VBlank" disabled in my nvidia 310.19 nvidia-settings.

From the nvidia-settings, I enabled VBlank, then disabled it, and suddenly PoE was back to the normal spikey 70FPS that my card can muster.
Last edited by ionface on Dec 16, 2012, 8:11:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info