[Official] WINE info thread

"

A couple of questions:
First, is that video representative of all game play, or only in areas with burning/chilled/shocking ground? Those, or one of those, seem to tank performance quite heavily.

Second, have you tried with
A) winetricks glsl=disabled,
B) the -gc 100 flag, as in wine PathOfExile.exe -gc 100

We can't currently get to no stuttering, but what you show there seems an extreme case of the bad.

The video is in a particularly dense map due to stacked cartographer sextants that give additional monsters. With fewer monsters, there is usually less stuttering, but not so much less that I'd find the experience enjoyable. I did another map without any shocked/chilled/burning ground just before recording this video, and it had even worse stutters, so that's not a major contributor either.

Disabling glsl seems to help with a different kind of stutter that happens when loading new assets. I've been running this workaround forever.

-gc 100 I added fairly recently, but I can't really tell if it made a difference. It was on when recording the video.
Heya dear tux users
Anybody experiencing the same as https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1824188/page/7#p14134674 since 2.5.2 ?
I'm having the same, tried upgrading to win10, switching params/wine versions and so on and the only thing that saved the day was disabling CMST, to the price of a huge FPS decrease/stability (~30).
Having ran the game with WINEDEBUG=+all, the most recurring event was
"
fixme:d3d:wined3d_debug_callback 0x56147c0: "Program undefined behavior warning: Sampler object 7 has depth compare enabled. It is being used with depth texture 7378, by a program that samples it with a regular sampler. This is undefined beahvior.".

Can anybody confirm the same behavior (or found a more cost-efficient workaround)? :)
"
DaLaeck wrote:

Can anybody confirm the same behavior (or found a more cost-efficient workaround)? :)

Yes, I'm getting it too. However I can't find the same message you're getting in my debug logs, was that before or after you disabled CSMT? I still haven't disabled it.
It was before disabling, with CMST.
Played again with different parameters today, no changes so far (backbuffer, win versions..)
Funny enough, playing with the option panel opened seems to reduce (?) the flickering.
The error i have been reporting didn't trigger anymore today, so i guess it wasn't the cause.
Patch 2.5.2b made me unable to load any town. I login, I choose character and I start to load a town and then it sends me back here https://a.pomf.cat/pfbjtq.png.

When patch 2.5.2c came today I was able to load the town, change char, load town again and even play some. I then tried to restart the game to see if my fps went up like it usually does. After that I got the same problem as before and have never made it passed town loading screen.

Same on different account, same on other gateways, same on other chars and same on other towns.

I am using Linux Mint and Wine 1.9.18 with these launch options "wine "/home/name/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Grinding Gear Games/Path of Exile/Client.exe" --nopreload --nodx9ex".

I have mailed techsupport@grindinggear.com and I am awaiting a response.

Any suggestions are appreciated. :)
Try `-gc 100' as command line option. That fixes a lot of issues for me. Plus, changing my GFX adapter from ATI 5750 to a GTX 1060 made a huge difference :) (both GFX adapters ran the game without any issues on Windows 7).
Last edited by hochl on Jan 26, 2017, 2:52:02 PM
Regarding the flashing issues of the UI, it seems to be way more reduced using dx9ex instead of dx9
"
DaLaeck wrote:
Regarding the flashing issues of the UI, it seems to be way more reduced using dx9ex instead of dx9

Haha, I was already using EX the whole time and the glitches were already fairly eye-straining. I imagine in plain DX9 they must be outright epilepsy-inducing then.
Yup, now I have the flashing glyphs as well. Captured this by recording a video and pausing it at the right time. https://i.imgur.com/439Vl8T.jpg

Probably forced to use Windows again for next league. Feels sad.
Hello all,

Just got this working on a new Macbook Pro with Wine Staging. The only significant bug right now is that the game thinks my cursor is about an inch above and to the left of where the cursor actually is, which obviously makes it difficult to do anything accurate quickly. Has anyone else run into this and found a solution? I'm currently running in windowed mode with the performance and settings listed below.

Thanks!

Performance:
I'm using the suggested settings from WineHQ (below), which give me decent but not great performance (30-60 fps), with plenty of little stutters and short dips down to 10fps for a second whenever the game hits something new. I haven't played more than a few minutes at a time yet, as I'm still making sure everything even works.

Reading through the last ten pages of the game, it sounds like that just might be where Wine users are at in 2.5? Any advice on making this better would be great - in particular, I've heard a lot of conflicting advice on whether to play fullscreen or not.

Settings:
glsl = disabled

engine_multithreading_mode=disabled
shadow_type=no_shadows
post_processing=false
texture_filtering=1
antialias_mode=0
Last edited by harmonictempest on Jan 28, 2017, 10:47:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info