[Official] WINE info thread

No more flicker after the latest patch \o
So we can use CMST again :D
"
No more flicker after the latest patch \o
So we can use CMST again :D

Thanks, it works (wine 2.1-staging amd64).
Be warned. None of the solutions proposed in this thread works for development branch of 2.1. - At least, for me. Could not solve a syntax error, going to downgrade back to stable version for further testing.

I really, really have to make this work. I'm obsessed with making it work right now.
twitter.com/snoazll
Probably it's not related to wine or linux but still here goes: When I try and start a character and start playing, I get the error your authentication for instance transfer was invalid message, I dunno what to do. I'm running Arch Linux with Wine for this game. My rig meets the system requirements to run it smoothly on the highest settings.
With the recent updates, my performance has been insanely good to go as far as I actually get more FPS then on windows, granted I use Medium Textures and have shadows off. Only problem I still have is frame time spikes once in awhile.

arch linux running zen kernel
Last edited by Xiamen_ on Feb 17, 2017, 12:29:12 PM
"
EddyTheAnon wrote:
Probably it's not related to wine or linux but still here goes: When I try and start a character and start playing, I get the error your authentication for instance transfer was invalid message, I dunno what to do. I'm running Arch Linux with Wine for this game. My rig meets the system requirements to run it smoothly on the highest settings.

You probably should ask this around. Might be something related to client not your system.

"
Xiamen_ wrote:
With the recent updates, my performance has been insanely good to go as far as I actually get more FPS then on windows, granted I use Medium Textures and have shadows off. Only problem I still have is frame time spikes once in awhile.

arch linux running zen kernel

I'm curious, does linux-zen make any difference in game performance? I've never personally benchmarked it. - Didn't notice any boost to be exact.
twitter.com/snoazll
Last edited by Ghorik on Feb 17, 2017, 12:48:04 PM
"
Ghorik wrote:
I'm curious, does linux-zen make any difference in game performance? I've never personally benchmarked it. - Didn't notice any boost to be exact.

Couldn't tell you, other then getting 4.2-5.0 frame times with the odd spike to 10-12 once in awhile and high fps pretty much all the time

Drunken limb I installed linux-zen a few months back and just stuck with it.

Last edited by Xiamen_ on Feb 23, 2017, 4:02:35 PM
I've got a pretty decent rig, but I was still getting that stuttering that seemed to be linked to asset loading like the other folks.

the flag --noasync pretty much fixed that. That's the only flag I'm running, no -gc 1 or -gc 100 so maybe it'll help someone else.

My rig is pretty overpowered for POE though, I never had any other FPS drops:
* i5-4690k
* 780ti

--- got the idea from here: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4nfcgl/psa_how_to_turn_off_the_background_loading/
Last edited by im_bored on Feb 26, 2017, 2:33:14 AM
For anyone who's dealing with the launcher failing, with a message at the top of the error dump about msls31.dll, disabling the riched20 override in winecfg seems to have fixed things for me.
The framerate spikes to 10 or lower are really killing me here. I don't suppose there's any way to fix these?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info