Improving Communication: The Development Manifesto (Please Read First!)

READ IT READ IT READ IT READ IT READ IT READ IT READ IT READ ITREAD IT READ IT

Swapping Ex for Div was?
Don't know, well to me puzzling, probably necessary and bottom line:

Let`s do it every league.

Players would be able to use currency during league, but, once they quit they will have to trade it for items since they don`t know which will be the rarest currency next time. In addition early trades in fresh leagues will get an extra meta level since noone knows the new drop rations.

In this way, trading would be about which currency you can most likely do without and a lot of gambling, making trade bots less effective especially early league.

Thanks, it was fun to rescue our genre, Oscars between 9am and 5pm.

:D

READ IT READ IT READ IT READ IT READ IT READ IT READ IT READ ITREAD IT READ IT
Last edited by joearctic on Dec 4, 2023, 1:28:20 AM
It seems like none of your last posts in this rubric (development manifesto) give much insight into your future plans.
It is confusing to your current player base to see content which has gone core be removed suddenly (e.g. metamorph) . It would be appreciated if you were to be more transparent in the future. Thank you
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
f(mitigation) while 1=1 do
replace ('your tournament coins got deleted','your tcoins got converted into
ritual spinters 2:1');
new f (tabdelete) (delete tab if input == 'DELETE!!!');
replace (doctor 8/8, doctor 9/9) //increase card value
else too much clicking and frustration
and so on
before any communication with the playerbase can take place, a few issues need to be addressed first.
Probably this comment will go unnoticed, but I do feel that I need to express my
concern (and everyone else's concern for that regard) about the game's performance.
After a couple of patches ago, the game is literally unplayable for some or most people.
The latest issue is the game crashing every 5 minutes, or instances.
For me, it's doing heists, as soon as I enter a heist mission, my game crashes, even after 5 times of logging back in.
2nd issue is the latency spikes, the game will go into an unresponsive state occasionally, and the latency spikes to 5000+ms, which as you already know - is unplayable.
3rd. is the overall performance, fps drops by half since 3.21/22.
So what's the point of communication about future content and releases, if half of your playerbase can't even interract with half of the content in the game without crashing?
@chris

Has any of the stated manifestos by yourself or GGG as whole been modified internally and not updated on here?

Are the statements about trade and the perceptions of "what if" still believed by GGG?

Has GGG done any internal assessing of the past statements and manifestos to see if they still hold true with the current user base?
"
Demone3 wrote:
before any communication with the playerbase can take place, a few issues need to be addressed first.
Probably this comment will go unnoticed, but I do feel that I need to express my
concern (and everyone else's concern for that regard) about the game's performance.
After a couple of patches ago, the game is literally unplayable for some or most people.
The latest issue is the game crashing every 5 minutes, or instances.
For me, it's doing heists, as soon as I enter a heist mission, my game crashes, even after 5 times of logging back in.
2nd issue is the latency spikes, the game will go into an unresponsive state occasionally, and the latency spikes to 5000+ms, which as you already know - is unplayable.
3rd. is the overall performance, fps drops by half since 3.21/22.
So what's the point of communication about future content and releases, if half of your playerbase can't even interract with half of the content in the game without crashing?

This is true! High latency is imposible to play PoE. GGG, you have a excelent game but Path of Exile has latency spikes, I live in Florida and the server is Texas (very bad server!).
`Improving Communication` :P nice one. Do we have any community to `improve communucation` thanks for the poor management of this good game we dont have any :)
"
tkots8080 wrote:
`Improving Communication` :P nice one. Do we have any community to `improve communucation` thanks for the poor management of this good game we dont have any :)

If you slightly improve something terrible it won't be much difference
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
I’m a new player GGG. I love the game. I started for the first time during affliction and put more time in this game in the last 3 months than any game I’ve played in a while. And since you guys are always talking about the new player experience I thought I’d give you my thoughts on the recent “QoL” change. Getting rid of binding a skill to left click is a huge a mistake. When I first started and I found out you could do that it was huge!!! I thought wow this is so easy and makes so much sense! Why don’t other games do this! Honestly I loved it. Cause it was as simple, easy, and made perfect sense. When my character moved they also want to do X. This new automation skill gem thing is fine but removing bind to left click for it is a HUGE mistake. one it takes something that simple, easy, and makes sense and turns it into something that is difficult, convoluted, and only makes sense, BECAUSE your removing bind to left click. So as a new player it feels like a way to make the game more complicated unneccesarily. Also in my mind. It doesn’t make sense in like a “reality” way. In real life I can move and do things. I can walk and talk on the phone, walk and eat, and it makes sense that a magically imbued character could run and cast an instant spell at the same time. I’ve seen it done by magic characters a million times in ever fantasy show. So it’s not an unrealistic thing for magic character to be doing. But The automation gem feels clunky and overtop. My character isnt able to walk and talk at the same time, but instead he can use magic gems to make it so he can do what people who can walk and talk do? Why put a silly limitation on a character just to offer such a messy solution. Plus literally nerfs every single build in the game because now every build has to fit in an automation gem or forego it for arthritis. In a game with already a ton of arthritis. This feels like something that’s made for POE2 and added to POE1 because why not. Which again that’s fine, but why remove bind to left click? Because no one would use this skill of you didn’t remove bind to left click? If something in the game already exists that players prefer why replace it with something they don’t? If there’s a secondary purpose why not have both? If there’s some huge thing I’m missing here which is entirely possible. I think a long written out explanation of what this is supposed to solve and why, as well as why Bind to left click is bad, is necessary for this change.

Now all that being said. I love your game! I respect you, and think your some of the best dudes in the industry? but I think removing bind to left click for instant spells is a huge mistake, and if you have some extremely convincing argument for why your doing it, I feel like you should release it. Ty!
Last edited by YuYuHakupoo on Mar 19, 2024, 11:56:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info