Improving Communication: The Development Manifesto (Please Read First!)

"
Vasilij2 wrote:
There is no communication btween players and devs, u just straight ignore us, we do not want loot goblins and overpowered AN. And u just force it down our throats anyway. I hope u will understand your mistake for ignoring player base with your wallets. Because i do not think that anything else except lack of money will convince you.

WIth love, fellow exile who cannot watch how u destroy my beloved game.

rly sad but tru
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
Vasilij2 wrote:
There is no communication btween players and devs, u just straight ignore us, we do not want loot goblins and overpowered AN. And u just force it down our throats anyway. I hope u will understand your mistake for ignoring player base with your wallets. Because i do not think that anything else except lack of money will convince you.

This basically sums up the league. I've been loyal for the past decade with 15k+ hours and it's so sad to see the company moving in the current direction. No more getting hyped with pre-launch trailers and no more supporter packs before actually experiencing the league.

No exaggeration here, there were times when I fell asleep 30 minutes into the game...

Chris, do you have statisticians who look over survey data to figure out the retention rate and other numbers that may explain the current and future state of the game? Some people say only the highest number of people logged on since league launch, not retention rate, is the primary indicator of the league's success. I disagree. I think it's reasonable to assume that 3.19's retention rate will affect 3.20's peak log-on number.
Last edited by joonpa on Oct 16, 2022, 4:08:04 PM
If you actually did some research before performing a change you would have much better results. Don't ask the top 5% of the players what they want, they don't speak for the majority, why? Because they're a minority.

I've said it before, implement a poll-system in-game during character picking phase or so. You'll get a lot of good quality feedback quickly. This should be your #1 priority right now, to implement this so you can start moving in the right direction from now onward.

Edit:
Also stop making ninja-changes without informing players. Be transparent and clear. If you change a modifier, specify the exact change- Don't make people write an essay in order to understand the changes.
Last edited by Simple2012 on Oct 21, 2022, 9:48:27 AM
Communication is Important
At Grinding Gear Games, we've always treated communication with the community as a priority.
--- im sorry but this must be a joke . This game losing players almoust evry patch and you never react on any reproach of comunity . When i started playing this game my gild have more then 20 active players who i know from real life and now we are playing 4( and they play first 2 weeks of league and then quit ) and evryone who left sad that was becose of your changes ...
thats not entirely true.
poe has actually been gaining players overall especially in sentinel weve hit records of player retention because people like recombs well simply because they increase the depth of endgame itemization and are a really big currency sink, it was very healthy for the game. more currency sink is good. 1% of the playerbase provided the items for 99% of players wich is... actually ok since those 1% invest a lot of time, effort and have deep knowledge of the game, their commitment in itself should be rewarded. i thought poe was a really good game until kalandra. the safespots with keep suufix/prefix just eliminated endgame crafting making the process very tedious and unfun because your item can brick anytime. its bad design, its diablo 3 design hence why most players are very dissapointed. this is just one example of the changes but people enjoy the deterministic nature of the game and reaching their fantasy endgame status within 200 hours wich is very reasonable! some do it faster obviously like 140 hours but i thought the game was in a good spot!
"
joonpa wrote:
"
Vasilij2 wrote:

This basically sums up the league. I've been loyal for the past decade with 15k+ hours and it's so sad to see the company moving in the current direction. No more getting hyped with pre-launch trailers and no more supporter packs before actually experiencing the league.

No exaggeration here, there were times when I fell asleep 30 minutes into the game...

Chris, do you have statisticians who look over survey data to figure out the retention rate and other numbers that may explain the current and future state of the game? Some people say only the highest number of people logged on since league launch, not retention rate, is the primary indicator of the league's success. I disagree. I think it's reasonable to assume that 3.19's retention rate will affect 3.20's peak log-on number.

I think the problem is above all the main problem is the lack of reward for difficult encounters. They have had leagues where they gave too much reward and failed at retention.

So they are afraid that by giving good rewards that they fail to retain people over time. And that was the problem of the last two leagues.

I too dont want to pat for supporter packs too until they fix this shit. I will just pay for the journey packs.

One thing they must learn is that reward should be comparable to risk. If that isnt the case it will be a bad league. I feel like they still havent learnt their lesson but w/e.
So, nice idea to go ruthless towards focusing on dropping good items.
But removing craftbench nah, make it able to craft a 5th affix, but not a 6th, this has to be exalted. And crafts only T3.

As I wrote Bex some leagues ago you should polish your pvp. It's there use it.

And stop splitting in subleagues and modes, make this an area entry decision.
Any time a char enters an area or a map you can select: sc or hc. You can go alone or you wait for a party. While waiting for a party there should be a ping traffic light green/yellow/red, you can enter while red and live with a bad ping or wait longer till theres a party in your region aka green light.
And you can select rouge mode which would be pvp enabled in this area, pretty much how it worked in DII.

Again all optional you can still play alone, but taking more risk gives better rewards. Just like Zana league mods were, but with party, sc/hc, pvp.

And hey making gems drop only is also fun, make em super rare so ppl have to get creative, and use whats available.

My season ends here gl.

Forgot two things: lvl1 weapons are to expensive to be noobfriendly and making me log in for every single freaking trade? really? nty
Last edited by joearctic on Dec 22, 2022, 5:41:59 AM
C`mon guy, isn't it time to drop everthing and code all xmas long to get this done?
Isn`t that the difference between do or die? You wanna make a great game or just market the last tencent out of your userbase?

An example:
I`m drunk doing some xmas elder runs on my 96 Jug, boring as hell but hoping for some craftables, and I get 50% more items dropped for enabling PvP.
1min into the fight a lvl98 raider joins :) ... possible outcomes:
HC death by monster - drop an item, move to standard
Hc death by player - drop an item, stay in league (your able to rejoin while there are portals, you better reeuip that item if you got hit hard)
SC death by monster - lose xp
Sc death by player - lose xp and drop one item

the item you drop could be your portal scrolls or your 30ex body.

HC you kill elder, but he got the other player, get +50% items dropped
SC you kill both get +50% items dropped and a random item of the player you killed

sounds like freaking fun to me, and while not knowing your code it still seems doable, it's basically automated party creation and you re able to set friend or foe, right?
Mobile client:

Mobile gaming is not an intensive exp like pc gaming, you should aim for a 10min reward system or let the user choose different missions between 3min and 1h.

A mobile char clone (obv made by a cloning orb) consists of an equipped char, its inventory and its skill tree, so you can adjust your char to the mission you want to run and show your poe skills this way.
Cut the action part, double on char and item shinyness, and keep gambling factor it`s anyway high.
'Look at my big fat zerker dude you can send him on any misssion and he`ll own it.'
It's not about th rl value of the misssion result, but about having something shiny on your phone that makes you smile. Or cry if you lack poe skill.

You can either play poe; build a char, farm a clone orb and create your own mobile char. Or use a service.

Nothing quite like fighting God-touched mobs and getting nothing out of them.
Why would you keep AN mods like this and then not have them drop anything?

All you really did for this league was remove reward pools and keep the content that actually irritated people.

Cycling Immunities + Heralding Minions + Leech?
My rare mobs should not be harder than Shaper?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info