Improving Communication: The Development Manifesto (Please Read First!)

A hundred and one page of forum posts tearing up a storm on the "what we're working on" post because GGG Does Not Communicate or care about the player input. 101 pages in 18 hours of that post being up.
When players asked for more rewards and less difficulty of Arch Nemesis as well as complaining about the insane life multipliers that essence and beast mobs had with Arch Nemesis added in 3.18, GGG Clearly didn't listen. Otherwise we wouldn't be seeing 50% reduction to rare monster loot drop quantities and a 90% reduction to rare loot bonus. We wouldn't be seeing that exact issue we fought throughout 3.18. That issue which cause most players spec out of essence and beast nodes on Atlas, if ever did they spec into them.
GGG didn't listen.
And that's what will kill the game I enjoyed for nearly a decade. The devs that the community thought were finest in the business deciding they don't need to listen.
Do the self conscious thing and edit the thread title. You don't intend to communicate, there's nothing to improve. For 17 hours the people replying to your "What we're working on" thread have been talking into silence.
Truly this aged like fine... milk.
"

Chris Wolcen at it's finest
Guys, stop buying their MTX until they learn to listen to us, let's hit them where it hurts.
"
Nicator wrote:
"

Chris Wolcen at it's finest

atm Wolcen is more fun for me than PoE

but also, yeah this aged incredibly poorly
Since communication is important, how much time u need to realize that players are not happy about removing loot from the game? Someone is too proud to admit mistake and is on the road to destroy this game.
"
IIPhoenixII wrote:
Guys, stop buying their MTX until they learn to listen to us, let's hit them where it hurts.

People should stop playing if they dont enjoy the game.
Our voice on a forum has so little impact apparently, they probably dont even need the replies to come up with these ideas and "fixes".

Even if we log just to complain and rage they get the high players base numbers and we get nothing out of it.

I just gave my stuff to someone who's enjoying playing this league, and i'm turning that off.
(At least someone is happy)

I'll just vote with my absence.
If they don't care, that's their choice.
Either way, I'm not getting the experience I want.
It's clear now, if it wasn't already for some reason, that manifestos are a giant lie, a distraction, an empty promise.

Many manifestos have been made such by future (lack of) communications and balance changes.

This forum literally exists purely for PR, instead of that being somewhat tangential to communicating game direction, and will say whatever is needed at the time to achieve whatever financial or pr goal.

"but I want to know why they are doing things and the logic and stance on things"

that forum doesn't actually exist here - and it never did.
Here is a chance to improve communication:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3294819
[Removed by Support]

He has completely lost touch with the fan base that actually play the game. The game was harder and slower paced during open beta and 1.0 which was his original vision but this game was never popular for it - once the game direction was changed to killing hordes of mobs fast it became popular.

He is trying to slowly get the old feeling back but there is a reason it was unpopular and if he is happy for the old numbers back then go ahead. D4 is coming soon and Last Epoch is getting the much awaited multiplayer update so think it might finally be time to retire from Path of Exile - might check it out again when and if this mess is resolved. Not confident on last announcement that they will fix the issues that people have.
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Sep 7, 2022, 7:00:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info