Atziri Killer Skills

"
Boem wrote:
"
ANyone kill her as tank?
No, probably no, in this game when u say tank u must know isnt for bosses. How redicolous is it..

The problem is not the "tanking" capability.

It is the dps check aka "healing phase" that renders any endurance based build (partially skill based builds) useless on this particular challenge. since they use tactics and minimal dps to "slowly burn down" enemy mobs instead of "spray and pray" tactics.

So no you are wrong, for any boss other then atziri (the only boss with a dps check/healing phase) tanks are very much viable.

Its redicolous for me, what is meaning ot tank then? Someone who can facetank most harder bosses, but there in PoE all is possite, tank mean someone who tank usual mobs and is useless agains many bosses.
MANY, and all which did a lot of dmg and need to be killed fast.
In first place Azthiri OFC,
But with high dps Dominus and Piety too.
Horror Boss too.
And any rogue or boss who did big enourmous dps.
The moto of this game is kill before got killed.
So no reason to play as tank... DPS is all.
Rename to PoD
Last edited by ashamanbg on May 9, 2014, 12:38:53 PM
"
dual wield doryani's catalyst detonate dead + chance to ignite + conc + prolif and you can kill the sacrifice phase on 3 player health.
2 random 40+ fire damage scepters might work at single player hp

+
any totem
+
traps
+
chaining spells
+ huge aoe spells like flameblast
+ damage curses

So basically yes? Defeating the whole purpose of my theory-craft is the way to go.

Thanks for that i was not aware.

(also the dual wield doryani's made me chuckle.)
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Its redicolous for me, what is meaning ot tank then? Someone who can facetank most harder bosses, but there in PoE all is possite, tank mean someone who tank usual mobs and is useless agains many bosses.
MANY, and all which did a lot of dmg and need to be killed fast.
In first place Azthiri OFC,
But with high dps Dominus and Piety too.
Horror Boss too.
And any rogue or boss who did big enourmous dps.
The moto of this game is kill before got killed.
So no reason to play as tank... DPS is all.
Rename to PoD

Please sir, spare me your rant since you just lack game mechanics knowledge to build a sufficient tank.

Like i mentioned there is only ONE boss that is a problem for a tank/endurance based character atm and it is Atziri's healing phase. And all other bosses are completely viable due to the lack of that.

And since the atziri content is "optional" there is no harm in putting such a mechanic in that fight.
"
Boem wrote:
"
dual wield doryani's catalyst detonate dead + chance to ignite + conc + prolif and you can kill the sacrifice phase on 3 player health.
2 random 40+ fire damage scepters might work at single player hp

+
any totem
+
traps
+
chaining spells
+ huge aoe spells like flameblast
+ damage curses

So basically yes? Defeating the whole purpose of my theory-craft is the way to go.

Thanks for that i was not aware.

(also the dual wield doryani's made me chuckle.)

just no.
no no no.

of course you cannot kill the adds if you don't deal enough damage. whats the point of your theorycraft then? why would you need to theorycraft for this problem that you can't overcome if you could simply use your 2nd slot for my suggestion which completely eliminates the problem?

i am suggesting an alternative that works with every setup (EVERY setup!)
the healing phase can be done easily with 2 of those sceptres. it would have to be determined how little damage increase would suffice to be able to do it, i guess 1 doryani's + 50% fire damage from anywhere should already be enough to be able to do the sacrifice phase without any problem
_
zero
point
passive
investment
_

doryani's catalyst even has the 4link slots needed to do the healing phase thx to ele prolif
"
ashamanbg wrote:

ANyone kill her as tank?
No, probably no, in this game when u say tank u must know isnt for bosses. How redicolous is it..

Lol of course tanks have killed her.Some of them are even invunerable to her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re0OuXF8GxI

This guy just goes AFK
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
"
just no.
no no no.

of course you cannot kill the adds if you don't deal enough damage. whats the point of your theorycraft then? why would you need to theorycraft for this problem that you can't overcome if you could simply use your 2nd slot for my suggestion which completely eliminates the problem?

i am suggesting an alternative that works with every setup (EVERY setup!)
the healing phase can be done easily with 2 of those sceptres. it would have to be determined how little damage increase would suffice to be able to do it, i guess 1 doryani's + 50% fire damage from anywhere should already be enough to be able to do the sacrifice phase without any problem
_
zero
point
passive
investment
_

doryani's catalyst even has the 4link slots needed to do the healing phase thx to ele prolif

You fail to grasp the concept here.

I do enough damage with my build. I simply don't have enough AOE to kill all the adds before they reach her. Simple as that.

Even more so i kill the mobs that go heal her in 1 hit. But since i lack aoe i cannot fight 3 lanes all at once like an Iaoe cyclone for example can.

And i understand your suggestions, but then it would not be my build that succeeds, so i wont do it. The fact you also suggest 2 weapons that DROP from the boss i am trying to kill with this build, made me chuckle. That's all.

I am aware of all the possibility's you suggest. They are just not incorporated in my build.

And i find it troubling how a character that can face-tank atziri herself, get her down to heal phase in about 10 seconds +- cannot kill her due to this stage that screams
"No Aoe,No ranged? No play".

I will test tomorrow with a spell totem + temporal chains, perhaps i can move between the lanes in time then before they reach her.

After that a searing bond totem will be in my mix.

After that, no clue will see.

And i am already using righteous fire in my set-up, just not snapshotted so it doesn't deal enough damage. (LOOOOLOLOLOLLLLOOOOOL)

Burb, i understand that your option will work btw, it just doesn't fit in my build. That is all.
Last edited by Boem on May 9, 2014, 4:20:32 PM
Didn't see barrage on there, (see skyforth's build) he killed uber with wand/barrage
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
"
trav_dawg wrote:
Didn't see barrage on there, (see skyforth's build) he killed uber with wand/barrage

updated thx
I just wanted to confirm that reave is also invasion(Atziri) viable :P

My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info