Improved Hailrake Fight in 1.1.3

Does this change only apply to Hailrake, or also to his map version Glace?
I can't believe so many people skip Hailrake (if true). He can be a bit challenging, especially without cold resist. :/

If Storm Herald is a problem, you should get some lightning resist. By some I mean 70+ and possibliy a Fairgave's Tricorne.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Cool stuff!

Can the Brutus (and Kole?) fight be changed too? My suggestions are: reduce the attack speed of Brutus on Normal (but maybe increase the damage per attack). Change the grapple attack and the map layout (not very detailed, I guess, sorry).

I like the grapple attack, but in practise it desyncs too much, so just workaround it for now (different attack? changed map layout?) until the netcode is significantly improved. Right now it's not fun if you rely on timing and skill (imho). I'm pretty familiar with basic POE mechanics, so I can build around it with decent enough defense to survive long enough to do damage, but again, no fun.

Keep up the good work! <3

TLDR: change Brutus fight
i cant even begin to imagine how is it to b a developer/designer in a rather busy game like poe and have to put up with such dumb remarks 'bout this or that.

1. this is just 1 teaser of many changes in 1.1.3, not the entire update.

2. like ggg said, it was the fight mechanic that had a glitch, not the area itself, every detail counts, having such counter-intuitive move is not part of poe gameplay.

3. theres a board specific for suggestions, hold ur gaze and b a propper player.
Back to The Melee (Reaving Insight): view-thread/1240462
Fusion Skill Engineering: view-thread/1095291
Why in the world would anyone complain about making something better? It seems to me that it's one tiny piece of the entire update... More than just hailrake are being updated. And if there is a new skill called "Glacial Cascade" why would Hailrake not use it? Come on people. I mean you all pay so much for the game I see why you have so much to complain about.
"
Hailrake was always a tough opponent. I always tried to level him out and to stack cold resistance before the fight.

Now my biggest enemy is the nemesis mod "Storm Herald"

standart players problems =)
RIP RIP'ing at Hailrake!

This'll really help speed things along during Races. At least limit logging out, since it'd be safer. :P

Anyone notice the Hailrake Invasion Boss was using Glacial Cascade? So it's not like this was a SURPRISE... <_<

I do wonder if Cruel/Merciless, will be harder/more similar to the Invasion/Map variant. Similar to when they updated Hillock [for Cruel/Merciless.]
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Apr 11, 2014, 10:28:21 AM
Hey chris. I know that this is a bit off topic but still related to the boss we talk about. Like in previous Arpg's i find myself skipping some of thoes quest because the reward is not really usefull in long terms could you try to figure something out related to this?

Thank you in advance
"
gandalf22 wrote:
who gives a shit about Hailrake fight Chris,you guys have more important things to do,like fixing the game
"Fixing the game" = fix bugs, but mostly address the things I, specifically, care about. Because I'm incapable of tolerating the decisions of others.
"
Mikrotherion wrote:

If Storm Herald is a problem, you should get some lightning resist. By some I mean 70+ and possibliy a Fairgave's Tricorne.

Even with max lightning res, the Storm Herald affix can be a PITA...

Also, I really don't understand this change, but I'm supposing it takes very little effort now that Glacial Cascade is in the game. To those complaining, I understand your point, but I hardly think tens to hundreds of hours of dev time went into this. It's probably a simple fix, meant to make a minor change to new players' experience in the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info