Shockingly strong flamethrower build (Incinerate + Three Dragons)

Izno posted several videos of him doing high level maps showing how it works, Chris Wilson said when it was build of the week that it works, nothing to add. Just watch the vidoes.
Censored.
"
Claustrox wrote:
"
gtrans wrote:

The Three Dragons only shocks your target IF your fire damage critically strike.

I am not an expert, but I can say you are totally wrong. I played this build for almost an year , and I can assure you that I shock all mobs even rare ,even in 78 maps.
Btw this is a "build of the week" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIqVhVQ_sNs

Also , do you really think that all the people writing on this thread are so dumb to play for so many time a totally not working build? ...c'mon ...are you serious ? :-)

have a nice day:-)

ok
Last edited by gtrans on Jan 17, 2015, 7:31:30 PM
Little update here. I've finally updated my incinerate witch to 1.3 some weeks ago. First version was no block with sensibly more damage than in 1.2 with almost 10k LMP (thanks dual heralds). But unfortunately she wasn't reflect safe, and overall it felt very squishy. So I decided to add back block. This costs a fair amount of dps since I remove HoI to put Tempest Shield instead. And even so the final block is still quite low so I've also taken the flask nodes. They help quite a lot actually.

Current spec: tree
Unfortunately, it lacks a bit of fire/ele damage to consistently shock the toughest mobs. I had no problem to do it with the 1st glass canon version.

The gear:
Spoiler

Stat screens
Spoiler

defence:

Incinerate:

Flame Totem:

I have 1900 unreserved mana so it covers up the CoD MoM threashold.

Eventually I could get a better ring with 45+ dext. This way I could craft block on my gloves instead and with a proper 4% block amulet I could reach 41% block / 59% spell block. I should also buy a Rumi's concoction (I should have done that before it going legacy...)

I've tried mana / mana regen rings instead of Berek's Grip and I definitely prefer the later one, especially when you take big hits or on half regen maps. In addition, since I freeze mobs fairly constantly, I also get the life leech :)

And as a bonus, it also does fairly well for lousy mf. Here's my replacement gear, which gives me 70 iiq and around 280 iir:
Spoiler

links: incinerate / spell echo / gmp / culling strike / iir / iiq

Video on shrine with vulnerability and +27% monster damage
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Feb 19, 2015, 1:29:29 PM
Thanks for the update. I haven't been playing w/my character much lately, but my problem is low mana regen so that will need to be addressed most likely with different equipment. My problem is I'm greedy and tend to use iir ALL the time. Which is dumb, I know, I know.

Our gear is very similar.
Censored.
Why can't I get the link to his skills? everytime I copy/paste it's a empty skill tree. Can someone post the link to this build for me please? Thanks!!
Last edited by Atnola on Mar 15, 2015, 8:02:15 PM
Hi, I've been playing this build recently and its been amazing.

I'm just wondering if Doryani's Catalyst is necessary or even good for this build?

Firstly, it only provides up to 110% increased elemental damage.
A good wand with spell damage + fire damage can easily reach higher than that.

Secondly, the life leech can be easily crafted onto a wand.

I don't see any real advantage a Doryani's Catalyst has.

Am I right in my reasoning?
Doryani's Catalyst leech is not limited to one element. That's a sensible difference compared to the crafted leech.
Also a wand with 8+ cast speed, 110+ fire/spell damage and a free prefix will most probably cost more than a Doryani.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Censored.
hi, just wondering - does it make sense to combine this build with a summoner/srs build? because SRS = summon, so i still can have ancestral bond
I wouldn't think so. This build, btw, does not use ancestral bond. Only keystone it uses is eb.

I am working on new tree for 2.0 but will take awhile to test since I have 2 other characters ahead in queue. My friend who, sadly, right before 2.0 was working on Atziri with this build, may have it up and running first.
Censored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info