Shockingly strong flamethrower build (Incinerate + Three Dragons)

Hi guys,
glad to see that this topic is still active.
I enjoy thi build a lot, managed to run atziri I have some problems only on the three mini boss. The last one become stronger and hit hard, but if I manage to leave the one who fires knife in the air ( don't know the name ) is quite easy. Atziri die very easily and fast I am able to facetank without problem.
I changed the gear dropping Cybil's Paw and replacing it with a wand and a doryani's invitation fire version which give me 1% fire life leech that pair with 1% life leech on wand. For now I have 1% life leech on lazwhar also , but I would like to replace it with a 4% block one.
I am using Herald of Ice and someone Herald of thunder also . With this setting I have more thane 10000 tooltip dps with ACD and about 9000 with ALD with quality. Mana reserved is 1300 with only herald of Ice and 890 with Herald of thunder also.

I still have to setup helm gem.
My Gear.
Spoiler

My skill tree at lvl 90
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMDHgSzBVsG6QelCPQMfQz3DkgQWBB_ES0RlhRNFecWbxa_FvMaOBpsHoEfQR_HJKomPCaVJ2Eo-ilPK3gsnC2LL50y0TY9Nok26UVHRXxFnUbXSbJLjU-vU1JVS13GXfJeH2BtYeJirGe9akNrF2yMbRlzs3yDfll_xoIQgh6Cm4LHgziHZYuMjDaQVZUgl5ea4J1jnYCdqqIAoqOksaeEr2yvt7TFtQS4k7zqwFTB88WKxp7N-tsL3fPfsOFz44TkIuWO6dXr7uw47SDwH_Br87706fno_xw=

Herald of ice + Tempest shield.

Herald of ice + Herald of Thunder + Tempest shield.

Defences ( on Hideout all capped . chaos a 10%)
Last edited by Claustrox on Nov 4, 2014, 6:05:03 AM
Instead of molten shell in the EC/IC setup, try self cast EC/IC with Echo: spell echo, increase duration, enduring cry, immortal call.
With the insane cast speed this build provides, it's very easy to get 3-4s of immunity to physical damage whenever you want. It makes every physical hard hitter much easier to manage.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
I dropped Cybil's in favor of Doryani's and my DPS went up crazy!
Censored.
so i have a question... why will incinerate start shocking? Does it have an inherent chance to ignite (which then gets converted to chance to shock?) Also, the 5% chance to ignite gotten on shadow's tree doesn't correlate to 5% shock chance (via 3dragons) right? At least it shouldn't.

So the only chance to shock is from static blows and quality ADL? If so, why is Three dragons needed, doesn't static blows work with all damage types?
Three Dragons just rotate the elements that trigger status ailment. Your chance to ignite doesn't become to chance to shock, it's just that fire damage can shock instead of lightning damage (which can freeze). But you still need to be able to shock, hence Static Blows and/or quality added lightning.

Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
To anyone thinking of trying out this build now, with the new tree the dps on this goes up because you can get both templar ele dmg nodes as well as witch.
Censored.
Censored.
ok
Last edited by gtrans on Jan 17, 2015, 7:31:47 PM
ok
Last edited by gtrans on Jan 17, 2015, 7:31:55 PM
"
gtrans wrote:

The Three Dragons only shocks your target IF your fire damage critically strike.

I am not an expert, but I can say you are totally wrong. I played this build for almost an year , and I can assure you that I shock all mobs even rare ,even in 78 maps.
Btw this is a "build of the week" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIqVhVQ_sNs

Also , do you really think that all the people writing on this thread are so dumb to play for so many time a totally not working build? ...c'mon ...are you serious ? :-)

have a nice day:-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info