Shockingly strong flamethrower build (Incinerate + Three Dragons)

Here is update for 2.0. No gear change, except we now have to us BM to run incinerate and have exchanged LMP for faster projectiles. Auras are the same. DPS has shot through roof! 17k dps.

Lvl 94 character, here is tree (with free points from act 4 will add deep thoughts cluster):

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMABAcEswj0C2EMXxBYES0Wbxa_Gmwcpx8CH8ckqiaVJ6kpTyqNK3gsnC2LMjQy0TWSNtg26TpYOuE8LUGHQ2NEq0VHRZ1G10kbTeNQQlM1U1JTpVVLVa5VxlcpXfJewGHiZp5odGjyakNrF20ZcU1xhXIPfIN-WX_GghCCHoKbg8yD24dliFqMNox2j6aTJ5SglSCaz5rgnWOdrp48ogCio6SxplenCKyYr2yvt7FCtzG3PrzqvYLAVMBmwfPGrti92mLaudrd37Dhc-Nq5Y7r7uw47FXtIPAf8WzyRfno_gr-jw==
Censored.
Last edited by kolyaboo on Jul 19, 2015, 3:58:03 PM
Update: Went back to fire penetration instead of BM and switched out the faster projectiles for a mana leech gem...REALLY helps. 19k dps
Could somebody post an actual gem setup for this build? I have played it for a while after it was the BoW, but lacking the currency to buy the high end parts of the gear made me stopped.

In the meantime I had almost all of them (except CoD), so I would like to give it another try. I see that EB has been dropped (assuming because of the reduced mana gem change), and it would be nice to see a new gem setup.

Thanks for the help in advance!
Hi Halaci,

I am respeccing my witch to do something else (in process right now) so I don't know that you want to see mine (I have another incinerator and 2 is too many LOL).

Send pm to dlaurence75254 (his reply is right above yours). I know for a fact that he is still using build and can link his gem setup/gear.
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Hi Halaci,

I am respeccing my witch to do something else (in process right now) so I don't know that you want to see mine (I have another incinerator and 2 is too many LOL).

Send pm to dlaurence75254 (his reply is right above yours). I know for a fact that he is still using build and can link his gem setup/gear.

Thank you, I asked!
CoD is still best choice for build, I think, btw. I did it running a tab for awhile (MF) and I also tried Belly which was awesome but I don't know if it is still as good a choice post 2.0.
Censored.
I'm not much of a forum lurker so I hope this works. If not I'll just list the gems and where I've got them. It's not the most optimized set up in the world, lotsa more experienced players out there could probably do better, but it works well enough for me. My only warning is that she is a little squishy (not as much life as I'd like) and I've got to do something about her chaos resist, just haven't got 'round to it really.

Here goes:

Spoiler

and the tree:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMABAcEswj0C2EMXxBYES0Wbxa_Gmwcpx8CH8ckqiaVJ6kpTyqNK3gsnC2LMjQy0TWSNtg26TpYOuE8LUGHQ2NEq0VHRZ1G10kbTeNQQlM1U1JTpVVLVa5VxlcpVytd8l7AXyph4maeaHRo8mpDaxdtGXFNcYVyD3yDfll_xoIQgpuDzIPbh2WIWow2jHaPppMnlKCVIJrPmuCdY52unjyiAKKjpLGmV6cIrJivbK-3sUK3Mbc-vOq9gsBUwGbB88au2L3aYtq52t3fsOFz42rljuvk6-7sOOxV7SDwH_Fs8kX56P4K_o_-sw==
Thanks to both of you!
Last edited by halaci on Aug 4, 2015, 12:59:21 AM
At first glance I think a Doryani's Invitation with fire dmg life leech would help a lot on the squishyness. Big boost on the dmg and resistance and the leech would probably make six of the life regen nodes redundant, so those could be spent on extra shield and mana regen in the which cluster.

Also I think the extra armor nodes are a waste, because the gear hardly gives any armor to be increased. I think I will drop them and go for the Energy Shield on Shield - the +40% ES of the Rathpith's shield is a bigger boost in defence.

Anyhow thank you again for the info it was a big help in planning the character in the new league!
Last edited by halaci on Aug 4, 2015, 4:04:40 AM
I agree about both the armor nodes and invitation. My problem is always that I get so reliant on good belts with tons of extra life and res that I don't want to give it up for invitations. I've got tons of them in my stash LOL

You are welcome!
Censored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info