Shockingly strong flamethrower build (Incinerate + Three Dragons)

"
iznobest wrote:

Im actually considering spending 2 points to take '8% cold damage, 16% cold damage +5% freeze chance'. Im very curious how that will work out ^^. Because i have like 10 attacks per second (+LMP), 5% freeze chance should be a consinderable amount

With the low damage of ald (considering the effectiveness penalty of incinerate) i doubt you will make it past the freezing threshold, at least not against rares and uniques. Should be easily testable though (Gneiss would make a good test object).

"
iznobest wrote:
"
virusqq wrote:
This build viable for invasion league ?

I think it is viable. But its hard for me to judge, as I have to deal with lots of FPS drops and latency issues (as Im playing on a laptop), I sometimes die. But I can do 75 maps without dying. The biggest things to be careful of are lightning thorns and corrupted blood.

Carry along a flame totem for support. You have to recast it often vs the above two, but the shock stack works just as good with flame totem as with incinerate.
"
Bada_Bing wrote:

Carry along a flame totem for support. You have to recast it often vs the above two, but the shock stack works just as good with flame totem as with incinerate.

When creating this character I was considering incinerate or flame totem. But looking back, there is no reason not to take both ^^

I will most certainly swap out my searing bond for a flame totem and give this a shot. I think it will work out nicely. Should I put thesame support on it? Added lightning (Q), LMP(Q), faster casting (Q)?
Isnobest. This post was created in a facility that handles peanuts and may contain traces of nuts
Build of the week (S2E5): 3-dragons incinerate
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/856154
"
iznobest wrote:
"
Bada_Bing wrote:

When creating this character I was considering incinerate or flame totem. But looking back, there is no reason not to take both ^^

I will most certainly swap out my searing bond for a flame totem and give this a shot. I think it will work out nicely. Should I put thesame support on it? Added lightning (Q), LMP(Q), faster casting (Q)?

I'm running flame totem with GMP-fire penetration-faster casting to support incinerate on my ambush char and it works fine (even without qual ald).
"
Bada_Bing wrote:
"
iznobest wrote:
"
Bada_Bing wrote:

I'm running flame totem with GMP-fire penetration-faster casting to support incinerate on my ambush char and it works fine (even without qual ald).

I think added lightning is more important in my case to achieve a higher shock chance, so i might leave out fire pen.

GMP is indeed better than LMP when placed on totem, youre right :)
Isnobest. This post was created in a facility that handles peanuts and may contain traces of nuts
Last edited by iznobest on Mar 28, 2014, 6:19:47 AM
Hey man, I've been trying this out and it's pretty fun.

There are a few things I have noticed.

That Blaze node at the shadow start, the 16% fire damage, 5% ignite chance one. It doesn't seem to work with 3 dragons.

I rushed to get that node and it ignited mobs with incinerate before I put on the 3 dragons mask. When I put on the 3 dragons mask, I NEVER shocked any mob with incinerate.

Same seems to be true with the increased ignite chance with the flammability curse, it doesn't seem to work with the mask either.

Static blows works as intended though.

I am guessing that only your cold damage would benefit from the ignite chance and flammability if you use three dragons. I still haven't tested this though.

I think you would have to get the Shock node 16% lightning damage, 5% shock for the bonus, but for 2 passives I don't think it is worth it.

So I'm thinking that for curses, if you want to increase shock chance, you have to use conductivity instead of flammability, which I don't think is worth it for the shock chance instead of more fire damage. I guess that's a downside to using the mask.

Spoiler
Hey man, I've been trying this out and it's pretty fun.

There are a few things I have noticed.

That Blaze node at the shadow start, the 16% fire damage, 5% ignite chance one. It doesn't seem to work with 3 dragons.

I rushed to get that node and it ignited mobs with incinerate before I put on the 3 dragons mask. When I put on the 3 dragons mask, I NEVER shocked any mob with incinerate.

Same seems to be true with the increased ignite chance with the flammability curse, it doesn't seem to work with the mask either.

Static blows works as intended though.

I am guessing that only your cold damage would benefit from the ignite chance and flammability if you use three dragons. I still haven't tested this though.

I think you would have to get the Shock node 16% lightning damage, 5% shock for the bonus, but for 2 passives I don't think it is worth it.

So I'm thinking that for curses, if you want to increase shock chance, you have to use conductivity instead of flammability, which I don't think is worth it for the shock chance instead of more fire damage. I guess that's a downside to using the mask.

Very nice to hear that you are trying out my build :)

In regard to your comments:
Keep in mind that, despite that fact that you dont burn, you still deal fire damage
16% fire damage and 5% ignite chance just gives you 16% fire damage. As you cannot ignite, the 5% ignite chance is irrelevant. As incinerate can't crit, you will ONLY shock monsters if you have static blows (10% shock chance) or Quality added lightning linked to your incinerate (0,5% shock chance per 1% Q)

Same goes for flammability, this wont help you anything with shocking or burning or whatever. However, it DOES lower the fire resistance of mobs, and as you deal fire damage, your damage will certainly increase.
You can indeed take the 5% shock chance 16% ligthning damage, but as you point out: its not worth it. With 20% Q added lightning and static blows you already have a 20% shock chance, which is mooooore than enough.

As i linked my incinerate to 'added lightning' i have taken the shadow node of 16% cold damage and 5% chance to freeze. I'm still uncertain if this is worth the points, but it does cause monsters to shatter, which is of course very nice
Last edited by iznobest on Apr 1, 2014, 4:48:16 AM
first sorry for my bad english

my question is: can u deal dmg enough to shock boss map or act boss (include when shotgun)?
Hi, im busy with my real life job, so please leave pm if you want to buy or offer for any item in my shop.
Im alway online at 10h30PM in GMT+7, but i will try catch if in your time if you want.
IGN: WhoFearWillFall
"
vjru5zl0v3 wrote:
first sorry for my bad english

my question is: can u deal dmg enough to shock boss map or act boss (include when shotgun)?

Most map-bosses die very very quickly. I think it took me 5-6 seconds to kill piety first phase in shrine.

You can shock the bosses, however the shock duration is very very low. But with a cast speed of around 130% you have like 10 hits per second. Which should keep them pretty much shocked at all time. Ill try to upload a vid of a higher level map-boss when I get home.

I now also run the GMP-flame totem supports which actually deals alot of damage
Last edited by iznobest on Apr 4, 2014, 3:50:44 AM
So due to multiple people asking, i recorded a small vid vs merveil in Necropolis (75 map)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFw_Sqozo6I&feature=youtu.be

My laptop has some hardcore FPS drops in phase-transitioning, so im sorry about that

Maybe ill record some 76-77 boss kill later
Does incin actually do enough dmg per tick to apply the 3 dragons shock to bosses? In your video I noticed they aren't shocked, but maybe its hard to tell when theres an incinerate on top of them
Last edited by faction55 on Apr 4, 2014, 5:26:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info