Shockingly strong flamethrower build (Incinerate + Three Dragons)

"
It's exactly the build i was looking for.

My changes :

With Defiance (40%reduction), Atziri's step (16%dodge spells + 30MS + Life + hight Ev)
And head hunter belt for rich people.

With this tree we have 24%block 4%TempestShield 4%Amu 30%Shield = 62%Block
With 12%Tree 60%Shield 50%Amu = 122% = 75%block spells

Im personally going for armor and not for evasion. I have not done research regarding evasion builds. I like armor as it scales very nicely with arctic armour.

I guess your build is also viable, however it misses alot of damage-nodes compared to my tree (youre skipping at least 105% fire damage nodes total and some elemental damage nodes). I personally also don't favor taking the energy shield nodes, as their benefits are quite limited.
Also your build has 118/120 points, which i see as quite ambitious :P

However, im curious about your evasion-based build, so feel free to post some of your stats/gear etc

Im currently leveling molten shell instead of taking MS/COTD

I think it could be nice damage and survavability taking lvl 20 MS + life leech + conc effect + inc duration (or inc aoe)
Isnobest. This post was created in a facility that handles peanuts and may contain traces of nuts
Build of the week (S2E5): 3-dragons incinerate
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/856154
Last edited by iznobest on Apr 14, 2014, 1:12:03 PM
changed my passive tree a bit, which granted me a lot more mana regen (at 283 now)

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMC_gSzBVsHYwelCPQOSBGWFE0VUBXnFm8W8xmFGjIabB0UHwIkPCSqJjwmlSepKMUqjSycLR8vby-dMYg2xTbYNulEq0bXSRtJUUmyTDVQQlFgVUtVrlXGVytabV3GYG1irGe9bRlte3B9cLtzU3OzeQN-WX_GghCCHoM4h2WLjIw2j0aPppeFm6GcLZ2AnaqiAKIuoqOksacIp1ypla-3tQTAVMHzz2XQ0NVP1p3YJNkT2wvd895334TfsOFz42rkIuUZ5Y7sVe0g7m_wH_Br877z3frS
Isnobest. This post was created in a facility that handles peanuts and may contain traces of nuts
The problem with fire damage nodes is that dont scale with added lightning damage gem or add chaos, add ice ...
added ice damage can be good if 6Link armor for a 10% freeze chance

Currently dont have time to play but i think about post my stats and gear when iam ready
But i test incinerate so i think you have way more experience than me

I think you can have a better defence with evasion gear and nodes, your 9% physical reduction seems to be low and i prefer take more mana regen and maybe discipline instead of haste if mana regen is a problem with cloak of defiance unique wich have 40% damages taken from mana before life.
i switched my build slightly so i took 3x 6% life and 8% mana with the 2x 20% mana regenration

resulting in total of 283% mana regen, which should be plenty.

I really dont like cloak of defiance personally, as you reserve most of your mana, but I guess its possible
Last edited by iznobest on Apr 14, 2014, 2:14:24 PM
Thanks for the quick response!
My only concern now is whether to build armor or evasion. Do you have survivabilit issues with your current build due to not being so armor-heavy? Its hard to judge from your third video Merveil's fight as she wasnt hitting u(fleeing).
Also what should I lookk out for in a shield if I cant afford a rapth globe? The price in Garana SEA is nearly 3.5 exalts. Exalts here are expensive too D:

Thanks! :)
Last edited by Shurikenger on Apr 15, 2014, 4:49:43 AM
"
Shurikenger wrote:
My only concern now is whether to build armor or evasion. Do you have survivabilit issues with your current build due to not being so armor-heavy? Its hard to judge from your third video Merveil's fight as she wasnt hitting u(fleeing).
Also what should I lookk out for in a shield if I cant afford a rapth globe? The price in Garana SEA is nearly 3.5 exalts. Exalts here are expensive too D:

rathpith's go from 40-60 SD and from 40-60 spell block. Here they are only like 20 chaos for a crap roll and 1 ex for an above-average roll. If you want to keep it cheap, i would say: take some 50+ spell block roll with low spell damage roll. When you're richer, you can try get a 55/55+ roll. If you really cannot afford rathpith you could try a saffell's frame, if thats any cheaper. But personally I think the key items of this build are: 3 dragons, cybils paw, stone of lahzwar and rathpith globe (which in total isnt too expensive)

Due to AA, you usually don't take too hard hits. As the AA phys damage reduction comes after your reduction by armor, i really like taking armor. Im currently also leveling a molten shell to increase my armor, and looking for some gear-changes to increase my armor.

I can tell you that most physical bosses arent very scary, for instance the gorge-boss is a physical-based boss, and it deals hardly any visible damage.
I only notice I take large physical hits if I let myself get hit by a yellow big skeleton or vaal fallen.

Im currently struggling most with keeping my life up in fights of an extended duration (for instance Dominus in Palace map). Maybe if I find a cybil's paw with 8 life on hit instead of my current 6, this can make it somewhat easier
"
iznobest wrote:
"
Shurikenger wrote:

rathpith's go from 40-60 SD and from 40-60 spell block. Here they are only like 20 chaos for a crap roll and 1 ex for an above-average roll. If you want to keep it cheap, i would say: take some 50+ spell block roll with low spell damage roll. When you're richer, you can try get a 55/55+ roll. If you really cannot afford rathpith you could try a saffell's frame, if thats any cheaper. But personally I think the key items of this build are: 3 dragons, cybils paw, stone of lahzwar and rathpith globe (which in total isnt too expensive)

Due to AA, you usually don't take too hard hits. As the AA phys damage reduction comes after your reduction by armor, i really like taking armor. Im currently also leveling a molten shell to increase my armor, and looking for some gear-changes to increase my armor.

I can tell you that most physical bosses arent very scary, for instance the gorge-boss is a physical-based boss, and it deals hardly any visible damage.
I only notice I take large physical hits if I let myself get hit by a yellow big skeleton or vaal fallen.

Im currently struggling most with keeping my life up in fights of an extended duration (for instance Dominus in Palace map). Maybe if I find a cybil's paw with 8 life on hit instead of my current 6, this can make it somewhat easier

Sorry for the late response , I can't describe how insane incinerate damage is after following your guide! The only problem now is that i am relying on a Tri-resist 200ES-only Chest, physical dmg such as Brutus from lv66 Dungeon map is such a big problem although i can kill him fast enuf. (i can easily get 1 shotted by him). I'm also using Rainbowstride for the extra block chance, maybe i am doing it wrong here?
My AA is currently lv17, hopefully i can roll a high armor + life on a 5link AR/ES chest like yours :)

Running a aura-based variant of this due to Invasion league. Basically missing out on Templar+Shadow sides and going for IR and aura nodes. 2.3k-ish dps on lvl 18 gems, likely 2.7-2.9k for lvl 20 on Incinerate-Added Chaos-Added Lightning-LMP-Life Leech. However in return, I get decent defenses albeit low-ish hp, 6k armor and 2.9k hp at level 80.

I tried Cybils and I feel Cybils is fine for non-Invasion IMO, the life leech really outshines it with room to improve on (quality). You definitely need it when you find yourself facing Konu, Kalimaq etc. while mapping.

Probably one of the biggest hurdles is going up from a 5L to 6L for non-Mana Leech links. I'm on about 280 mana/second on my Incinerate and 1 more 140% will blow that up to 392 mana/s ._.

EDIT: Got contacted by TS with regards to DPS of Added Chaos and Fire Pen, and views on Life Leech.

In terms of raw damage, Added Chaos is actually the best after LMP. At level 20, an average of 200 damage versus 125.5 of Added Lightning, it's a superior scale up and Magic/Rare mobs will never have 'Resist Chaos' tags. Fire Pen on the other hand, fares somewhat similar to Added Lightning from my experience.

Just to elaborate on Cybils versus Life Leech, while my cast speed is really low (7.1-ish cast per second), I just feel I need more life gain in Invasion. Probably a difference of perspectives, like how Tweety used a standard Incinerator build with Cybils to kill Atziri, but he died 3 times on his 2nd run; in Invasion, you can't really afford that slack at all.

Other than that, my build isn't really done atm, the Grace + IR spec was to have decent armor mitigation till I get a 5L Lightning Coil.
Last edited by DtAndroid on Apr 20, 2014, 1:16:35 PM
"
DtAndroid wrote:
Running a aura-based variant of this due to Invasion league. Basically missing out on Templar+Shadow sides and going for IR and aura nodes. 2.3k-ish dps on lvl 18 gems, likely 2.7-2.9k for lvl 20 on Incinerate-Added Chaos-Added Lightning-LMP-Life Leech. However in return, I get decent defenses albeit low-ish hp, 6k armor and 2.9k hp at level 80.

I tried Cybils and I feel Cybils is fine for non-Invasion IMO, the life leech really outshines it with room to improve on (quality). You definitely need it when you find yourself facing Konu, Kalimaq etc. while mapping.

Probably one of the biggest hurdles is going up from a 5L to 6L for non-Mana Leech links. I'm on about 280 mana/second on my Incinerate and 1 more 140% will blow that up to 392 mana/s ._.

EDIT: Got contacted by TS with regards to DPS of Added Chaos and Fire Pen, and views on Life Leech.

In terms of raw damage, Added Chaos is actually the best after LMP. At level 20, an average of 200 damage versus 125.5 of Added Lightning, it's a superior scale up and Magic/Rare mobs will never have 'Resist Chaos' tags. Fire Pen on the other hand, fares somewhat similar to Added Lightning from my experience.

Just to elaborate on Cybils versus Life Leech, while my cast speed is really low (7.1-ish cast per second), I just feel I need more life gain in Invasion. Probably a difference of perspectives, like how Tweety used a standard Incinerator build with Cybils to kill Atziri, but he died 3 times on his 2nd run; in Invasion, you can't really afford that slack at all.

Other than that, my build isn't really done atm, the Grace + IR spec was to have decent armor mitigation till I get a 5L Lightning Coil.

Due to your tips, i've swapped out Faster Projectiles for fire pen, the damage is actually really insane. The very big downside is that FP has 110% multiplier and fire pen has 140%. This is a huge difference, and i will need a bit more manaregen (at 264 now) to be able to handle it without any mana issues. This red socket from fire pen, can also be swapped to a lifeleech, which might come in handy in some fights

Swapping out ALD for an ACD is also a possibility, reducing your shock chance and duration, but increasing your damage.

I think the 50% cast speed from faster casting is very important to get to 3 incinerate stacks fast

In order to get the required mana, you can also swap out your Haste-aura for a Discipline aura

At the skill-links i also added the multiple options for your incinerate links
Last edited by iznobest on Apr 25, 2014, 3:10:13 AM
What would be best choice for bandits?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info