Invasion = path of ranged again

"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
Let me preface by giving you a pro tip .... SKIP all corrupted areas and invader bosses until you are in ledge and have ideally gotten your first rare item set ... I Ripped 8 TIMES yesterday before I figured out what I had to do and I aint ashamed of it (and keep the you suck jokes to yourself ... this never happened in hc or nemesis). It just shows what a pathetic and incompetent playtesting team they have. Nearly every boss is tuned to one shot and you can do nothing about it .... do GGG's playtesters have characters with 200 hp and 75 res all at level 1??

Learn to play?

My 2H Axe only-damage-nodes level 5-6 Marauder at the time did a corrupted area (was either before or right after Mud Flats; pretty sure before) without any real problem at all, on Invasion, and lived. Had maybe 2 or 3 rares on, but nothing impressive. Did better than my Witch and Ranger as a matter of fact.
Path of Exile in Eyefinity: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1320584
Last edited by Espionage724 on Mar 10, 2014, 8:37:13 PM
Designing a bunch of unique bosses with 1 shot mechanics is lazy work but I don't blame GGG, they're not blizzard. HOWEVER, they could balance it MUCH MUCH better. Lessen the damage, increase the rewards. Hell maybe even increase the drop rate for those who are doing melee damage
I think having one shot skills are still good for the game in later acts. They just need to have skill animation like brutus or even have dominus run something like cleave with an animation which can potentially one shot. This helps to improve the skills that players have/need to clear a certain content which can improve their experience and hopefully done in a way that does not frustrate the player as much,such as the pyramid boss laser which can easily one shot without any warning. The hammering down effect however is a good try on GGG part which gives the player time to react and gives them a sense of satisfaction if they can somehow avoid it.

As for ranged being too strong,there could be a boss mod where maybe only ranged damage is reflected or that reflect damage is multiplied from ranged damage source.

As for the arguments between SC or HC, its just there because people are not confident in their abilities and they have to resort to using them playing HC as a reason for their apparent bigger e-peen. In the end its all just a game,there are many ways and reasons to playing a game which some"brutes"do not understand etc. More friends in SC,Wanting to just go through content,Not having to add stress after you come back from a stressful day at work when gaming is for you to relax and have fun.
"
Midnitecloud wrote:
go back to SC where you belong.
says 86 lifetime pts, rofl
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
"
Learn to play?

My 2H Axe only-damage-nodes level 5-6 Marauder at the time did a corrupted area (was either before or right after Mud Flats; pretty sure before) without any real problem at all, on Invasion, and lived. Had maybe 2 or 3 rares on, but nothing impressive. Did better than my Witch and Ranger as a matter of fact.

Really? Have you even beaten normal? Spike damage goes way up on these new bosses after normal. Level 5-6 is nothing. You can do that naked with a club.
"
zzang wrote:
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:

These bosses are crazy yeah, but at least now we have a true hc league ... OS sucked and nemesis was meeh. Storm call, corrupted blood and volatile were the only scary things.

true HC?

OH PLEASE this loser scripted logout league that keeps character with items after death you call true HC?

how laughable.

Perma Death with items completely removed out of the game and logout timer of 10 seconds

then we can have a talk of true hardcore.

You do realize that most players simply delete their toons that died?

Imo, as long as there is desync, there must be alt+f4. When everything that happens is completely controled by the player, then we can talk about logout timers. (which will just lead to people portaling up, but whatever).
At first you start encountering this crazy shit that melee heroes just have to skip if they want to continue their journey. But after you wipe a few times and finally reroll a ranged killing machine, you start to feel invincible and clear through content. Then comes the moment where you reach merciless and unexpected shit starts to happen.

You carefully progress through quest areas, screen by screen baiting with decoy totem and feeling claustrophobic in most caves. Then suddenly out of nowhere, comes the blink spider that hits you 3 times before you even realize what's happening, and then you're off to scrubcore.

Well at least you learned the hard way and won't let this happen again, sticking in groups you make it again to merciless, even more powerful then before, your group is decent but nothing would have prepared you for what's about to happen. Out of nowhere under your feet pops out this huge fucking devourer with his 4 buddies and before you can even begin to feel the terror, you are barraged by several flashy spells that instantly melt your 2.5k hp.

It is then you understand the only way to even reach higher levels is by going full mobility tank high hp.
"
Xavderion wrote:

It would make the game boring. Instant logouts allow hardcore players to play more offensively and recklessly, which is fun. Some softcore players obsess over alt+f4 because they have an inferiority complex.

I see. I guess I don't understand the alt + f4 thing because I play the boring way and don't really get myself into alt+f4 situations.

About inferiority complexes: oh please, I've seen players from both sides of the fence act as complete assholes. "Scrubcore" vs. "not really HC", it's some kind of vicious cycle where people with the same complex have shouting matches.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
The spider has muti-cast support gem, I have timed it's attacks and studied it.
"
Espionage724 wrote:
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
Let me preface by giving you a pro tip .... SKIP all corrupted areas and invader bosses until you are in ledge and have ideally gotten your first rare item set ... I Ripped 8 TIMES yesterday before I figured out what I had to do and I aint ashamed of it (and keep the you suck jokes to yourself ... this never happened in hc or nemesis). It just shows what a pathetic and incompetent playtesting team they have. Nearly every boss is tuned to one shot and you can do nothing about it .... do GGG's playtesters have characters with 200 hp and 75 res all at level 1??

Learn to play?

Dont l2p me, YOU should learn to read. I am in act 2 cruel now and facerolling with my shadow which I designed a tree for it that makes me want to cry cuz its so sexy, tons of hp with decent spell dmg. Mud flats ... read what I said, I SPECIFICALLY said to skip them in the first few levels. So we are in agreement, and you are being a fkin douche. Show me a video of not dying on melee to, for example, the discharge golem if he spawns in coast. Go on.

And pls tell me how well you are doing as melee in invasion now ...
Last edited by ancalagon3000 on Mar 11, 2014, 6:15:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info