Invasion = path of ranged again

"
ancalagon3000 wrote:

And pls tell me how well you are doing as melee in invasion now ...

BTW, I havent ripped once in Invasion and I'm playing melee. Cant play much due to work/real life stuff, so I'm still in A2 Cruel. It's not impossible, it mostly requires patience, a real tank spec (not just "tanky") and knowing which bosses to avoid. Yes, it's slow and I'm sure a ranged guy would have a much easier time. On the other hand, when you facetank everything, you have a much more realistic estimation of how fat exactly your chacater is, so you won't be caught unprepared by some of the "surprise buttsex" bosses.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 11, 2014, 8:54:19 AM
"
Espionage724 wrote:
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
Let me preface by giving you a pro tip .... SKIP all corrupted areas and invader bosses until you are in ledge and have ideally gotten your first rare item set ... I Ripped 8 TIMES yesterday before I figured out what I had to do and I aint ashamed of it (and keep the you suck jokes to yourself ... this never happened in hc or nemesis). It just shows what a pathetic and incompetent playtesting team they have. Nearly every boss is tuned to one shot and you can do nothing about it .... do GGG's playtesters have characters with 200 hp and 75 res all at level 1??

Learn to play?

My 2H Axe only-damage-nodes level 5-6 Marauder at the time did a corrupted area (was either before or right after Mud Flats; pretty sure before) without any real problem at all, on Invasion, and lived. Had maybe 2 or 3 rares on, but nothing impressive. Did better than my Witch and Ranger as a matter of fact.
"Avoiding most bosses". Yeah, that's gameplay at it's finest!

Panic logging, avoiding bosses, playing a super slow tank only build...HC is becoming a sqeaky little gerbil game.
I usually love HC. But in POE it's just avoiding everything (desync, bosses, etc.).
DMT:

Load universe into a gun.
Aim at brain.
Fire.
Hi, i'm a HC player that pretty much does nicely. I played nemesis and got to 92 w/o dying a single time until palace dominus one shot me. yes i had all res. yes i had hp. yes it was just mechanics. basically it was frozen as per the freezing mine thingy but it was caught casting his spirit gun shit. basically it unfroze and oneshotd me, that in miliseconds impossible to react. It was fair, it was frozen like that and i could have covered with a wall, knowing even if its frozen he was gonna shot anyways.

But those new bosses?

Where to start.

Let's start with the warp totem that got 1,5 screens of range.

This totem casts 3 totems as per start and keep summoning more. It is capable of hitting you with em even if you are not seeing him at all. Cos its range is around 1,5 screens. Also u can find him just starting merciless. Where most ppl won't have 75% but at least 50%.

So, if u have 50% and are walking around. And u have the badluck of being the only target and those 3 totems drop on you. Well. Your dead. Cos the game wanted so.

OH MAN BUT GET RESIS FK

Sure, in a new league is not that easy, and anyways even if i get 75% lightning im pretty sure no one is able to get all 3 to 75% with just some items at the start of a new league.

So bad luck guys.

Another one. The flameblast totem.

In this case even if u have 75% fire it will at least drop you to 5%-10%, always speaking of having a good amount of hp at your lvl, aka 2.5k at lvl 52.

And guess what, it also has 1,5 screens of range.

Luck right.

Another? yea another

This one is a Vaal guy, one of those grunts. the name is Vaal metalsmith.

this sir does a shock nova. and it has around 0,75 screens of range.

encounterd this one at lvl 42 in blackforst act2cruel. had 75% lightres and 2.1k hp.

we were running around killing mobs in one of those paths and then while walking we saw him on the left, behind some trees. As i'm more than enough experienced and have quite good reaction, i turned right right away. He did shock nova, doing so much damage it stunnd us. then killd us. in less than 0.5 seconds. let me clarify, it would have even killd us with unwavering. Since it killd us in 0.5. YES the time that passed from seeing him from dying was 0.5 seconds.

So, luck my friends.

Who got the levels? the people that didn't encounter this bosses. I have in my FL more than enough 80+ peeps in invasion to know this for a fact. They did not encounter those bosses. And when they did, they weren't the ones being targeted. In 99% of the times the guy being targeted died. and 75% of the time more than 1 person died.

I'm one of the ones that keep finding em while leveling.

And keep dying. Cos man, who would test them beforehand? no one right.

Start doing your job properly please.

This is shit. It is clearly non-tested or it was tested with a dick. simple as that.
They are so untested and broken even Etup send a fking mail.

OFC this bosses don't kill you when you are geared. I wouldn't die against them being level 80. thats for sure.

Then why do they spawn before that?

Test it at all levels or fuck off.

This is worst than diablo right now. totally luck based on not encountering this friends. or praying its not you who they target.

So, MUCH TEST SO BROKEN WAW.

No fun at all.

This could be considered a cry. Well it would be if they didnt kill you while leveling even in a megagear with full res and 1k more hp than most guys have. And while just walking around.

Well guys, good luck out there. hope this post did serve you in any way. For starters don't get to close to those 3.
IGN: Essenlyss
Invasion bosses must be definitely fixed. They did it on purpose and now perversely dying of laughter.
Mirror of Kalandra?
i was kind of person that call everyone "softcore scrubs" but now im difinetly moving to SC league intul fixed to inv bosses.
I use EK up close 95% of the time. I run endurance charges and molten shell. If you group with me, I'm always trying to tank for the group. This is merciless A3 / 66-67 maps in Invasion.
ign: Vixien
What doesn't kill me makes me stronger ... what kills me makes me reroll a stronger one!
"
Bars wrote:
By the way, I never understood what that alt+f4 rage is all about. Any movement skill + a quicksilver flask will do the trick. If you have the time to alt+f4, you have the time to quciksilver + gtfo. How exactly would an escape timer "kill" PoE? By not allowing you to abuse your way out of shitty situations you put yourself in?

I remember watching a video of some streamer playing in Lunaris 3 Merciless, he gets cursed with vulnerability, doesn't even have a de-curse flask in fucking merciless, panics and starts spamming his alt+f4 macro but the trade macro interferes, runs around like a headless chicken and dies. He had time to run away WALKING. Not even a movement skill was necessary.

That's just pathetic.

ehhh, that first paragraph just isnt true...with some of these bosses(and situations you encounter them in) you either logout or die, no amount of quicksilvers or movement skills will save you. you cant really speak of it until you actually play merc a little and run into some of the more *fun* bosses.

i actually died in a3 cruel in hedge maze on my last toon ( a lvl 60 with 2200 hp and 1800 es)... i lightning warped a few feet ahead into a clearing (not the one the unique spawns in, but partly my fault i know...but i still wouldnt have died if not for...) and about 5 devourers spawned around me so i immediately lightning warped back out into the open, and ran away about a full screen and a half away to where it was safe...

guess what: i got desynced/rubberbanded/jerked right back to the same area with the devourers, but into a corner i was NEVER EVEN STANDING IN to begin with. and to top things off, the blackguard mage invader was there and summoned a vaal fireball totem right next to me, blocking me into a corner as i (you guessed it) spammed my flasks, including quicksilvers, and futilely tried to lightning warp (with reduced duration and faster casting) out of the corner, and ripped.

that was when i was against logging out or alt/f4 for any reason. but the combination of overtuned invaders and desync etc etc caused me to change that stance. yes, now ive lowered myself to using a logout macro just for situations like this.
Last edited by awave on Mar 31, 2014, 12:03:50 PM
rank 3, 2h cyclone
GogogoScary - 95 HC 40k GS
Scary - 98 Invasion 2H Cyclone
GMT +1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info