Invasion = path of ranged again

"
Pinchyskree wrote:
Designing monster abilities that mainly counter ranges is hard.

increase dominus 2nd form melee dmg and reduce the bubble size. there, melee OP
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
"
Pilla wrote:
How am I doing so well compared to everyone else? Sure, I'm only level 48, but I have a 12 hour job and child to look after so my time is limited...but after that first legit death I knew I needed to change my plans for this league. If it's nerfed then I am 600% sure I will faceroll it like I do on HC. This is the only league where I literally stand in town before leaving and thinking "fucl...ok, let's do this", not knowing which boss might be there waiting to wreck me. Btw, I killed the devourer boss easily, was the most intense thing ever....don't take that away from me please?

THIS! And I love it , strangely!

?
"
do GGG's playtesters have characters with 200 hp and 75 res all at level 1??

Based on their promovideos all Gems are 20% all items are max linked and the characters are overleveled.

My guess on the 200 HP level 1 kill would be: Frost Wall Snake?
Even with the nerf it might still one shot at early levels.

But I agree that so many mobs are poorly designed, they will always wreck melee characters.

Such as shotgun crits still not being removed. Enjoy GMP Artic Breath on Point Blank,

"
Pinchyskree wrote:

Voidbearear's far shot, undying evangelist bubble
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
Range is always better because there are vastly fewer things that hit you at range, but that is the same regardless of the league.

The major problem with PoE balance is that melee survival requires massive investment compared to ranged survival. It is difficult to find the right balance between damage mitigation, damage avoidance, life replenishment and damage output.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
"
Pilla wrote:
How am I doing so well compared to everyone else? Sure, I'm only level 48, but I have a 12 hour job and child to look after so my time is limited...but after that first legit death I knew I needed to change my plans for this league. If it's nerfed then I am 600% sure I will faceroll it like I do on HC. This is the only league where I literally stand in town before leaving and thinking "fucl...ok, let's do this", not knowing which boss might be there waiting to wreck me. Btw, I killed the devourer boss easily, was the most intense thing ever....don't take that away from me please?

THIS! And I love it , strangely!

?

I was only 'whining' about them from levels 1-6 if you read well :) From there on they are still very powerful if you aren't careful ^^ As every boss should be. But for melee, a bit too much. The thing is, if they nerf them now, I know they will overdo it :/

Up till ledge normal, they are the definition of broken / retarded / abomination of playtesting slips though.

"
Hilbert wrote:
"
do GGG's playtesters have characters with 200 hp and 75 res all at level 1??

Based on their promovideos all Gems are 20% all items are max linked and the characters are overleveled.

My guess on the 200 HP level 1 kill would be: Frost Wall Snake?
Even with the nerf it might still one shot at early levels.

But I agree that so many mobs are poorly designed, they will always wreck melee characters.

Such as shotgun crits still not being removed. Enjoy GMP Artic Breath on Point Blank,

monsters have point blank? which ones? :/

"
"
Pinchyskree wrote:

Voidbearear's far shot, undying evangelist bubble

far shot is useless with that limited range ... so only bubble really, k
Last edited by ancalagon3000 on Mar 10, 2014, 3:04:32 AM
I want to see Chris tied to a chair, no leveled characters, all starting PoE characters removed except shadow, and all he got from drops and quest rewards is heavy strike and cleave. Only league he can play is invasion, and his stash is empty, cannot trade and party. His chair automatically untied when he reaches lvl 90.
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
"
jstq wrote:
I want to see Chris tied to a chair, no leveled characters, all starting PoE characters removed except shadow, and all he got from drops and quest rewards is heavy strike and cleave. Only league he can play is invasion, and his stash is empty, cannot trade and party. His chair automatically untied when he reaches lvl 90.

as if he wouldn't type in a dev cheat
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
"
jstq wrote:

He'll figure it out, I'm sure of it.

VI
"
"
jstq wrote:

He'll figure it out, I'm sure of it.

not sure if srs

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info