[2.3] Shakk's Cyclone Build. A story about a man and his fists.

Shakka any 1.3 tree ?
BEST GAME EVER
"
Jihadjoe wrote:
Shakka any 1.3 tree ?

I posted it 2 days ago

Fun patch.. our block is awful though, only about 50ish%. Also total armour took a hit lost about 5k armour.

Physical reflect might be a bit of an issue with the loss of block and higher damage, might want to thread a bit careful against reflect monsters.
Last edited by ShakkaFL on Dec 13, 2014, 7:52:56 AM
GGG added a new Facebreaker shield, Great Old One's Ward, Corrugated Buckler .

Adds 9-20 Physical Damage
9% increased Attack Speed
+55 to maximum Life
10% Chance to Block Spells

Very interesting, although it's low block (27%), not to mention low evasion (160ish) might not make it worth it unless you want to be super squishy, but it's definitely worth it if you for some reason go and do some pvp.

Also, Reckoning gem.. get one, trust me.
Last edited by ShakkaFL on Dec 14, 2014, 11:00:29 AM
Shakk is cyclone better than infernal blow ?
"
iosk0 wrote:
Shakk is cyclone better than infernal blow ?

Yes
Thinking of swapping some of my points away from DPS, 100k dps is a bit overkill and has gotten me killed on reflect packs a few times after the patch, I'll experiment with Vaal Pact and 100k to see if it's better for pve.

In other news, I might write some words on PvP, considering this is the pvp patch, and this build usually does well against 70% of the other builds.
Hi Shakk, your build is nice, but I have a suggestion: take off all the attack speed nodes and focus on movespeed gear. In 1.3 movespeed cyclone is much more effective, with just 53% movespeed you can reach a 4.8 aps cyclone.

Current Build:
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAe4yMzz38WGPG2PZI7w4UIF8_UEfkUfIvGj4pLny4Vw3xrNlhdqzPfq2NfNn3MuoYwBpZ86yqcqmQVRo4Jy_sOIKbogDhc5o78B8Esyo4qW54DTGepldN4_6PNZK18ti9SshuqmVNvTZHfoTZAdy-ir6nivDpRsqQxIK5HRXswYIvzEp945-Hdmeg_MXdDSzp1op_K3fXVvrB2KiiqvhNkiP2jX0wfGoBl7RVqfxLFE0B5zboWK-8nxiReTl-4tIhns2nMIIH8kH60mae42oWbzbpJKoksBcvgKRCo9l8GbTK08Bm8kX-CraKYuw=

Current Gear:
Spoiler

at lv 72 I do about 46k dps with HoA + hatred + a regular quicksilver flask, if I had adrenaline the dps is even higher, kills very fast. As you can see my cyclone is 5 linked on chest, no need for 6th link, instead I have a reckoning because it helps very much. My gear is not final yet as this is the best I can buy for now, Once I get vorici 8 I will rechrom the boots and link my lv 4 enhance + blood rage + CWDT + temporal chains.
Together it will provide 14% (blood rage) + 10% amulet + 8.8% LL gem = 32.8% life leech. Here I chose to wear the anti chill armor, because my version focus on being quick, so not only is this armor cheap, but also very effective. I started mara, but duelist is also doable, you just won't be able to reach the 16% phys node at mara start unless you take off 2 life nodes and swap the 12% melee phys dmg with when shield equipped nodes. Another advantage to movespeed is that you have a much easier chance of dodging the hard hits from boss cuz your avatar is just so much more responsive. If you have another character with a respec giv it a go, also remember to keep the cyclone short because that is what movespeed cyclone is all about: chaining to the next cyclone as soon as possible. I put my cyclone on "Q" as I have an easier time whirling with it that way

Also Leveling is not as hard as you think with movespeed cyclone. With just meginords + a 656% facebreakers + a theifs torment I got myself from normal to cruel withing few hours, thiefs torment is very useful untll you can equip the abysus, from then on it's all life leech + blood magic. I've done double reflect maps and so far no problem.
"
SIQI wrote:
In 1.3 movespeed cyclone is much more effective, with just 53% movespeed you can reach a 4.8 aps cyclone.

While true, this only has to do with the amount of time it takes for you to get to your cursor position when you cyclone, meaning that you're actually just spam casting it, it works, but I wouldn't say its very optimal gameplay wise, also it will end up draining your health quite fast, even at lv93, specially fast if you have blood rage going.
Added a block tree, which is probably the most recommended one, it doesn't have resistance nodes though, stuff can be swapped around as usual.
Thought I'd share my 1.3 build that focuses on block too. Haven't posted in ages.

Lv93 passive tree

52k dps 111cost Cyclone
18k vengeance + 17k reckoning (still levelling) (ConcEff/MeleePhys)
5.2k HP, 950 ES
79/80/79 resists (160/169/170/55)
60% block/7.7k armor/Aegis
Auras: Purity of Fire/Purity of Lightning/Hatred
CWDT EnduringCry Enfeeble ImmortalCall

Tame by current standards, but it's passable. I so need a new amulet...

1.3 has been good to fb users. Vengeance and Reckoning rock! It's fun walking around and watching stuff drop dead. The gems have very good synergy with our AoE and block passives/gear.

Enjoying the Elementalist node too. Finally we have a way to inflict status effects without crit. If I can spare a few more skill points, I might try to get CelestialPunishment as well for fun. There's a lot of potential there with Herald of Ash.

My Gear/Gem Setup (for reference)

Toupy - Lv93 Facebreaker Cyclone Duelist
Last edited by Myrthr on Jan 1, 2015, 7:03:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info