[2.3] Shakk's Cyclone Build. A story about a man and his fists.

Sorry if this is a basic question, but I think this is the build I want to try for a duo in the prophecy league. I basically want a good bosskilling build to pair with a strong AOE/clearspeed build my friend chose.

Haven't played since before 1.0, so a lot is familiar (enough) but some things are new. The build goes close to templar, maurader, duelist, and scion, so it seems that choosing which is based on ascendancy classes, right? Champion, Gladiator, Berserker, and then Ascendant with like champion/guardian/berserker/juggernaut/(raider?) all seem reasonable-ish. Nothing in templar looks useful for this. Ascendant options seem to trade a lot of raw numbers for extra effects (some leech, stun immunity, can't be chilled, effect removal, fortify and taunt) instead of like 50-100% damage increases.

It seems like I would want:

1) Gladiator with all 3 keystones in Painforged plus GV?

2) Champion with both conqueror keystones then inspirational and Unstoppable Hero (plus fortify gem)

3) Berserker with Pain Reaver+Cloaked, Crave, and AoCarnage

4) Ascendant with... Champion, Juggernaut, Guardian, and Raider or Pathfinder (or just extra dex)?

I'm trying to sum up ascendancy bonuses to compare, but it's little apples-to-oranges. Which choice would be best in a duo, and for elite/boss killing? (Or send me to another build...) Both of the Duelist options seem tops in a party, so maybe that's easy enough. We probably won't be playing into the 80s, so something that works along the way is preferable.
Last edited by Rasm on Jun 17, 2016, 1:28:17 PM
Ok, it's been too long to edit that post but forget it all, I'm up to ~45 on my duelist and have most of the leveling gear, and it's both fun and powerful. I see how it's a lot less powerful in the Prophecy league without a legacy version, but even with my 725% FBs I figure it'll work for how I want to play.

Now my new question is whether the ascendancy advice still accurate? It reads like there are 6 points, so I'm curious how the 2.3 changes might affect things. Is slayer any better now with 8 points? If I'm playing in a group is Champion then the obvious choice? Do the two long paths in Slayer look any better, even if the minors are kind of wasted with the 2h bonuses? Stun and bleed immunity plus 50% reduced reflect seems nice on top of a bunch of leech, but maybe the other workarounds are good enough to merit another tree?
"
Rasmfrackn wrote:
Ok, it's been too long to edit that post but forget it all, I'm up to ~45 on my duelist and have most of the leveling gear, and it's both fun and powerful. I see how it's a lot less powerful in the Prophecy league without a legacy version, but even with my 725% FBs I figure it'll work for how I want to play.

Now my new question is whether the ascendancy advice still accurate? It reads like there are 6 points, so I'm curious how the 2.3 changes might affect things. Is slayer any better now with 8 points? If I'm playing in a group is Champion then the obvious choice? Do the two long paths in Slayer look any better, even if the minors are kind of wasted with the 2h bonuses? Stun and bleed immunity plus 50% reduced reflect seems nice on top of a bunch of leech, but maybe the other workarounds are good enough to merit another tree?

I never liked to waste points like that, but yea Slayer could work indeed, I'd prefer Champion anyway due to better defenses which is usually the drawback of any melee build. Reflect and Bleeding was never an issue anyway unless you run phys reflect maps.

Sorry for the slow response, I'm having a slight burned out situation at the moment.
"
ShakkaFL wrote:
I never liked to waste points like that, but yea Slayer could work indeed, I'd prefer Champion anyway due to better defenses which is usually the drawback of any melee build. Reflect and Bleeding was never an issue anyway unless you run phys reflect maps.

Sorry for the slow response, I'm having a slight burned out situation at the moment.

That's awesome and appreciated, since I don't have any endgame experience to know what is important and what's not really an issue. I guess it's always possible to respec my ascendancy, but it looks pretty expensive as a first build. All of Painforged plus Gratuitous Violence looks pretty decent, but I think the taunt pieces of Champion make it better for the group I'll be playing with.

I'm planning to go for Unstoppable, Inspirational, and Worthy Foe line and just do the Fortify via a gem.
Hey will this still work with the new league coming out today?
I love this build so much! I hope it still works :)
Hey i had long break.I didnt find my old build on forum. Should i start follow your build?
This is my cyclone build atm https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Rannatuul/characters
Last edited by Rannatuul on Dec 9, 2016, 7:09:43 AM
Awesome build!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info