SotV Deployment Timeline and Updated Patch Notes

Before patch Vaal Pact said, ll applies INSTANTLY. Now it applies instantly with 40% effectiveness, doesn't this mean its like a q40 ll gem effect? The other 60% are applied according to the speed of the quality of your ACTUAL ll gem?
Last edited by h4llowerner on Mar 5, 2014, 5:45:26 AM
"
h4llowerner wrote:
Before patch Vaal Pact said, ll applies INSTANTLY. Now it applies instantly with 40% effectiveness, doesn't this mean its like a q40 ll gem effect? The other 60% are applied according to the speed of the quality of your ACTUAL ll gem?

No. I think the other 60% just doesn't apply. You get 40% of your leeching amount instantly and the rest is lost. So with, say, 8% life leech you can choose to either leech the full 8% over time without VP or 40% of 8% = 3.2% leech instantly with VP. It's not splitting your leech into 2 components where one is instant and the other is over time. It's simply cutting your leech amount. You do get to use life flasks with VP again, tho.
Last edited by Exile009 on Mar 5, 2014, 5:53:38 AM
"
ampdecay wrote:
"
t_golgari wrote:
As I said earlier, I can understand all the decissions GGG have made except one:

Why do they devalue the scion-wheel life nodse. Having fewer of them is fine, even nerfing the 12% one. But now you have w wheel of nodes that are simply worth less than any other life node on the tree. And you HAVE to take them early on because there are no others available.

Can't they stay at 8% at least?

The wheel lost 32% life. And it freed only 2 points. That is one of the biggest nerfs to any node I've seen so far since CB (The CI nerf is about the same level I guess).

Please GGG, reconsider this.

There are life node now where once there was none, in the areas around marauder and duelist a lot of the armor nodes have health on them now.

I can get the same health as before easily.

I don't know what you are talking about. Those nodes are like 20 points away from the wheel and deep into the marauder tree. The nodes at the duelist did not change, they had life before, the marauder ones got better to be equivalent to them.
All Fireball and no Arc makes Sare a dull boy. :(
Why nerf Storm Call?
Don't fear the death,
Don't fear the life.
No death
no life.
~Standard League
"
14Uhr wrote:
Why nerf Storm Call?

This is fucking sad....read it again OMG. ITS BUFF!

"
Exile009 wrote:
"
h4llowerner wrote:

No. I think the other 60% just doesn't apply. You get 40% of your leeching amount instantly and the rest is lost. So with, say, 8% life leech you can choose to either leech the full 8% over time without VP or 40% of 8% = 3.2% leech instantly with VP. It's not splitting your leech into 2 components where one is instant and the other is over time. It's simply cutting your leech amount. You do get to use life flasks with VP again, tho.

And you are right. At least someone....
Last edited by Taurgarr on Mar 5, 2014, 6:23:34 AM
"
14Uhr wrote:
Why nerf Storm Call?

"Increased the damage of the following skills at low levels: Spark, Cold Snap, Ice Spear and to a lesser extent, Freezing Pulse and Storm Call."

Its buffed and not nerfed but in a lesser extent than the dmg increase of spark and cold snap.

At least that is how I read it :).
"
ampdecay wrote:

There are life node now where once there was none, in the areas around marauder and duelist a lot of the armor nodes have health on them now.

I can get the same health as before easily.

Maybe your specific build can get the same life, but most are going to be cut short a lot.

"
Ruffneck058 wrote:
"
14Uhr wrote:
Why nerf Storm Call?

"Increased the damage of the following skills at low levels: Spark, Cold Snap, Ice Spear and to a lesser extent, Freezing Pulse and Storm Call."

Its buffed and not nerfed but in a lesser extent than the dmg increase of spark and cold snap.

At least that is how I read it :).

Yeah, I'm assuming the person above is not english native, so it's kind of understandable the way it's written.
Very much looking forward to the respecs. A great game becoming better.

I do have two suggestions:

Move "Cloth and Chain" node higher and more to the extreme left of Marauder tree. It's too close to the Duelist which already has "Leather and Steel" near its starting point. C&C and L&S are basically the same stats. The armor and evasion nodes circling C&C already provide enough of a "point sink" so a player has to commit to it, not just become a pass-thru bonus.

Elemental Hit needs to be fixed. Mana cost is way too high and the damage for late game doesn't scale well, even with Elemental Equilibrium.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info