1.1.0 Patch Notes - Sacrifice of the Vaal

"
Hornet85 wrote:
Before you guys QQ again about legacy items, they are not altered because it's not technically feasible to alter each and every one of them.

It makes a bad economy. punish new players but reward old players. i don't think so. this is just one more reason i'm done. for such an "ethical" game they claim to produce, i don't see it.
"
Hornet85 wrote:
Before you guys QQ again about legacy items, they are not altered because it's not technically feasible to alter each and every one of them.

It makes a bad economy. punish new players but reward old players. i don't think so. this is just one more reason i'm done. for such an "ethical" game they claim to produce, i don't see it.
Last edited by masonikraft on Mar 4, 2014, 3:48:54 AM
Wow, still can leech life from undead?

Uninstalled.
For all your up-to-date Path of Exile news and events, check out the official Path of Exile Forum here -------- http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/
"
zer0g2 wrote:
w00t! More legacy shit. Especially with quantity mod ggg really make a different game for rich/nolife and normal/new players. Yes why not make poor/casual players more handicapped if he want farm. Its already too easy to buy items like eternal orbs before guys who craft perfect items all day every day.

It's not technically possible to manually remove the mod from each item.

So what do you want them to do. Delete everyone's rare item just because it contain that mode?
All Support Gems now support values up to level 30.

Does this mean max lvl of support gems will be 30 instead of 20?
Without seeing any of the mods Vaal Orbs can add, this seems like a huge nerf patch. =/

I was very excited for this. But no i am not so sure of this patch, no buffs for self caster,
no change on spell gems mana cost, leech is now a significantly worse.
"
Lordemore wrote:
"
Redblade wrote:
"
Added a new currency item: Vaal Orb. It corrupts a target item, modifying it unpredictably. Once an item is corrupted, further currency cannot be applied to it. This includes restoring imprints.

This make me so sad, the people who will use these at end game is negligible as rolling a 6S 5L just to improve an item through corruption is fairly pointless same as taking the risk with an item worth more than a few exalts.

What's worse is that this is the way we get white sockets, something that is highly desirable on end game crafted gear to increase support gem diversity on 5-6L items.

No bro, we will use Vaal orbs on jewelery, and belts, boots, gloves, 1h maces, wands, shields, etc, do you get it ? :)

You will not use a Vaal orb on a 400 DPS 2Handed 4Linked weapon, no point.
But if you get a 500+ DPS 6Linked item, then sure you will use Vaal orb on it.

"
There are many possible outcomes of corruption, some of which may be undesirable

You sure as hell won't be using a vaal orb on a 500+ dps 6L unless you have too many of those lying around.
Imagine getting the worst possible corruption, on your prized possession.

Vaal orbs will just be used on leveling gear and other max. 4L items that are not "gg", and only the richest will use it on anything else because they have the money to do so.
The Vaal Pact changes concerns me. :/
IGN:
@Antilogy

My feels on my hobby.
Build:
- DzSz's Pillar : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2524656
That's a shitload of nerfs. I can see a lot of things that people are gonna be mad about in this patch. Hopefully the "upcoming changes" to the patch notes will be some good damage control, else this is actually kinda shitty.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info