1.1.0 Patch Notes - Sacrifice of the Vaal

"
Google337 wrote:
"
Peripherally wrote:
Wow. RIP to all new players, you won't be able to do much of ANYTHING compared to older ones.

I cannot fathom what GGG expect to achieve with all the legacy-creation. As older players get ever more stronger and farther ahead, just what do new players have a chance to get? Shafted? Again and again each time you "improve" and "balance" the game?

If you want to remove something, or change anything, the ONLY way it can be appropriate is if its across the board and applies equally to everyone. Making it a first-come-first-serve heaven for the oldest members of the community totally trounces all the newcomers. I don't have all the answers as to how you would keep those oldest members happy, but I can promise you: new ones will be completely put-off to learn they will never be able to afford the most useful version of items they want for builds they want to make (unless they resort to RMT, which is supposedly prohibited). Why play then? The only logical course is to quit and find something else (or, as mentioned, RMT).

I am not gonna even bother trying out new builds in standard anymore; its a fucking cesspit of untenable unfairness. I hope no one else does either, and standard just dies off like the cancer that it's becoming. Maybe then there will be some newbie-friendly changes for once, one can hope.

--- of course, I'm assuming legacy items continue to exist as they have been...they may not, in which my rant is misplaced ---

+1 they dont care about new players same goes with pvp buffin es/ek/rf builds even more

oh, they do care so much about new players that they even add a new 4month league! same start for EVERYONE.
awesome stuff, but im a little concerned snapshotting isnt addressed at all yet?! RF/BM's NEED to be nerfed badly
Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane.
Before you guys QQ again about legacy items, they are not altered because it's not technically feasible to alter each and every one of them.

Just nerfs after nerfs after nerfs on skills that doesn't need to be nerfed *cough* Totems *cough*
"
Chris wrote:
Unique Item Balance:

Deshret's Vise has been renamed Meginord's Vise and the Attack Speed penalty has been removed from it. Old versions will not change.
The following Unique items have been changed (using a Divine Orb on an existing version will roll new mods in the new ranges):
Aegis Aurora: the Replenishes Energy Shield based on your Armour when you Block mod has been reduced from 4% to 2%.
Saffell's Frame: Block Chance Applied to Spells has been reduced from 100-120 to 70-80. All Maximum Resistance has been reduced from 5% to 4%.
Bringer of Rain: Maximum Life has been reduced from 200-220 to 120-160. The supporting Blind is now level 6 and the supporting Faster Attacks is now level 12. On a legacy Bringer of Rain item, a Divine will reroll the Maximum Life, but not the level of the supports.
Maligaro's Virtuosity: Critical Multiplier has been reduced from 40-50 to 28-36.
Romira's Banquet: Critical Multiplier has been reduced from 10-20 to 10-15.

Tell me please who is going to use drasticaly nerfed items? They will share fate of nerfed facebrakers worth nothing. Standard just become even more RMT obligatory mess. Want to make new build? 200ex per item pls. There is no permanent league atm not treated like lab and dump. Not all people endorse starting from scratch in new leagues every 4 months. And having hoarded bunch of legacy now items doesn't make my any happier. Permanent league with such unstable environment feels less and less satisfying. So the whole game is.

"
Chris wrote:

Rainbowstride: Elemental Resist has been increased from 8% to 20%. Maximum Mana has been reduced from 80-100 to 40-60. Increased Energy Shield has been reduced from 150-200 to 140 to 180.

And this is my favourite. It's even better than famous Wondertrap nerf by 5% running speed. 20% all res welcome back! Now you know whye ggg deleyed patch notes. That brainstorm in headquarters 1hour before patch notes realese. How to change Rainbowstride now? Imagine that folks.^^
Hate community since Aug A.D.2012. Distrust developer since 0.11.0.
Last edited by el_hombre_loco on Mar 4, 2014, 3:54:36 AM
w00t! More legacy shit. Especially with quantity mod ggg really make a different game for rich/nolife and normal/new players. Yes why not make poor/casual players more handicapped if he want farm. Its already too easy to buy items like eternal orbs before guys who craft perfect items all day every day.
"
datboishagg wrote:
they decided to nerf everything fun that works instead of buffing the crappy stuff that doesn't work. RIP POE

RIP indeed. i'm done.
"
zer0g2 wrote:
w00t! More legacy shit. Especially with quantity mod ggg really make a different game for rich/nolife and normal/new players. Yes why not make poor/casual players more handicapped if he want farm. Its already too easy to buy items like eternal orbs before guys who craft perfect items all day every day.

Good there's 4 month leagues which are actually balanced.
Last edited by Mizh on Mar 4, 2014, 3:46:57 AM
Totems need to be buffed, not nerfed. It is already quite weak and niche, this ridiculous nerf is counter-intuitive and shows the lack of experience with GGG's balancing team.
[Hardcore league]
IGN: Jeria / Metalgrid
What a shitty patch.

"
End-game maps do not contain secret corrupted areas.

Unless new areas are lvl 70+, I guess your biggest addition to the game is kinda useless?

"
Added 13 new Unique Items, some of which are Vaal themed and can only be dropped by Atziri herself.

Added a new armour base type which only drops from Queen Atziri: Sacrificial Garb.

More gated content! Yaaaay. Can't wait till I don't get this new items.

"
Vaal Pact no longer suppresses life recovery from flasks. It still prevents life regeneration and now also reduces your leech by 60%.

RIP vaal pact?

"
The Increased Item Quantity Support Gem can no longer drop.
Increased Item Quantity mods can no longer spawn on magic or rare items.
Increased Item Quantity mods on Unique items have been reduced by around 30%.

You forgot the line 'Due to removal of IIQ, the base drop rates have been buffed accordingly".

„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
masonikraft wrote:
"
datboishagg wrote:
they decided to nerf everything fun that works instead of buffing the crappy stuff that doesn't work. RIP POE

RIP indeed. i'm done.

You will not be missed. :)
Dem metal chickens

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info