1.1.0 Patch Notes - Sacrifice of the Vaal

"
Chris wrote:

Added a new currency item: Vaal Orb. It corrupts a target item, modifying it unpredictably. Once an item is corrupted, further currency cannot be applied to it. This includes restoring imprints. There are many possible outcomes of corruption, some of which may be undesirable. Consider its use carefully!

Can we still MIRROR corrupted items? If we can't, I guess nobody will corrupt any mirror worthy items. Vaal Orb will only be a way to improve some decent items, and the value will sink slowly like Chaos Orb did.
To grind or not to grind, that's the question.
"
masonikraft wrote:

It makes a bad economy. punish new players but reward old players. i don't think so. this is just one more reason i'm done. for such an "ethical" game they claim to produce, i don't see it.

It is an unfortunate consequence of how the system work. This is why we have new leagues. 4 months may not be as long as Diablo 2's league, which IIRC, reset every year, but that's a different discussion.

Maybe someday GGG can implement a 1 year league, or something longer than 4 months.
"
Peripherally wrote:
Wow. RIP to all new players, you won't be able to do much of ANYTHING compared to older ones.

I cannot fathom what GGG expect to achieve with all the legacy-creation. As older players get ever more stronger and farther ahead, just what do new players have a chance to get? Shafted? Again and again each time you "improve" and "balance" the game?

If you want to remove something, or change anything, the ONLY way it can be appropriate is if its across the board and applies equally to everyone. Making it a first-come-first-serve heaven for the oldest members of the community totally trounces all the newcomers. I don't have all the answers as to how you would keep those oldest members happy, but I can promise you: new ones will be completely put-off to learn they will never be able to afford the most useful version of items they want for builds they want to make (unless they resort to RMT, which is supposedly prohibited). Why play then? The only logical course is to quit and find something else (or, as mentioned, RMT).

I am not gonna even bother trying out new builds in standard anymore; its a fucking cesspit of untenable unfairness. I hope no one else does either, and standard just dies off like the cancer that it's becoming. Maybe then there will be some newbie-friendly changes for once, one can hope.

--- of course, I'm assuming legacy items continue to exist as they have been...they may not, in which my rant is misplaced ---

that's exactly why there is standart HC leagues and 4month leagues, if you want a fresh start play the new leagues
"
Redblade wrote:
"
Lordemore wrote:
You will not use a Vaal orb on a 400 DPS 2Handed 4Linked weapon, no point.
But if you get a 500+ DPS 6Linked item, then sure you will use Vaal orb on it.

You do realize that the risk of it being completely re-rolled is there right, thus ruining your 10+ex item.

Sure a few will do it but I'm betting 99,9% won't.

Rerolled? I don't know if corrupting can do that, ==> rerolling an item.
Where did you get that info, bro ? :)
Proud Crusader of Hardcore Leagues.
Great work!

As a hardcore player, Ambush sounds better than Invasion :/

Massive Spectral Throw nerf!
"Embrace the darkness"
3 version of rainbow now ... SERIOUSLY?

Fuck GGG, please, name Standard league in "Only legacy items" league
The way leech applies to the player has changed. If you leech additional life while currently leeching, it no longer queues after the current leech. Technically, where multiple leeches are stacked, the largest one is used.

Mhm, what does that mean please? can someone please give an example? don't get it : (
"
SmallGiant wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

Added a new currency item: Vaal Orb. It corrupts a target item, modifying it unpredictably. Once an item is corrupted, further currency cannot be applied to it. This includes restoring imprints. There are many possible outcomes of corruption, some of which may be undesirable. Consider its use carefully!

Can we still MIRROR corrupted items? If we can't, I guess nobody will corrupt any mirror worthy items. Vaal Orb will only be a way to improve some decent items, and the value will sink slowly like Chaos Orb did.

You can still vaal orb the mirrored item.
http://i.imgur.com/8fqgfAh.png
Wait, not any nerf for Burned Miscreations Snapshot Summoners ? :>
"
baadgeek wrote:
"
Peripherally wrote:
Wow. RIP to all new players, you won't be able to do much of ANYTHING compared to older ones.

I cannot fathom what GGG expect to achieve with all the legacy-creation. As older players get ever more stronger and farther ahead, just what do new players have a chance to get? Shafted? Again and again each time you "improve" and "balance" the game?

If you want to remove something, or change anything, the ONLY way it can be appropriate is if its across the board and applies equally to everyone. Making it a first-come-first-serve heaven for the oldest members of the community totally trounces all the newcomers. I don't have all the answers as to how you would keep those oldest members happy, but I can promise you: new ones will be completely put-off to learn they will never be able to afford the most useful version of items they want for builds they want to make (unless they resort to RMT, which is supposedly prohibited). Why play then? The only logical course is to quit and find something else (or, as mentioned, RMT).

I am not gonna even bother trying out new builds in standard anymore; its a fucking cesspit of untenable unfairness. I hope no one else does either, and standard just dies off like the cancer that it's becoming. Maybe then there will be some newbie-friendly changes for once, one can hope.

--- of course, I'm assuming legacy items continue to exist as they have been...they may not, in which my rant is misplaced ---

that's exactly why there is standart HC leagues and 4month leagues, if you want a fresh start play the new leagues

I dont want a fresh start, I want to use the same character i've been putting time into and have the opportunity to find items that don't exist in the game anymore. that's stupid. as it stands anyway i never find decent uniques and i've been playing for a long time. it makes no sense. how do some ppl find things and i've been playing so long and don't have shit. its not enjoyable any longer. also the nerfs. just no. im playing everquest next, at least the eq team doesn't punish you and make unfair changes to the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info