1.1.0 Patch Notes - Sacrifice of the Vaal

"
Adjusted the PVP scaling of Righteous Fire and Searing Bond. These have only been conservatively adjusted. A more thorough adjustment to PVP scaling of skills will be ongoing throughout 1.1.x.

As a long long time player of many online games

I HATE this sentence SOOOOOO much.

Why can noone make a serpate pvp leage with all items to choose and then the best buile / player wins.

Why all time the same bullshit.

"
Barandis wrote:
"
Savaging wrote:
Totem Nerf !? Totem Nerf !? Totem Nerf !? Seriously? They WERE kind of fun to mess around with but now they'll be useless imo. I'm also concerned about the Life Leech changes. I Hope that doesn't mean the Death of us GS Mara's.

Since they were improving spell damage and elemental damage nodes, I think they kind of had to. It's hard to know what the balance is between spell damage buffs and spell totem nerfs until we get to play it. I imagine GGG knows what the balance is and did what they could to get it right.

I feel the same way about the life leech. I'm very interested in it, in part because my main character uses it and in part because I planned on my new Ambush character using it. But I can't get my head completely around what it will be like, and I expect I'm just going to have to wait until tomorrow and see for myself.

"
fkxDuelist wrote:
And legacy BoR will stay too good for too many things... They aren't nerfing the "old" ones. Then it isn't really a nerf.

+1. Agree entirely. For the same reason that getting rid of IIQ doesn't really affect much at the beginning, since IQ gems are still floating around in pretty big numbers. Or why I don't care about AA being nerfed...

That's still with me however much they nerf it.

Of course that's all academic because I think I'm going to abandon this whacked out economy for a while and play Ambush League. My seven or eight IQ gems will be for sale!

Wait a minute, you won't even be able to get an item quantity gem from quest rewards anymore?
"

With a cheap tanky mara that has half the mf stats you do I make oneish ex worth of currency every two hours of piety grinding. This is how I've made starter currency for all four of my mains, it's really not that hard if you enjoy this play style. I admit this isn't for everyone, but for the most part POE is built to be played this way and is attractive to people that don't mind this . . .

PeelingPaint98
, will you share your cheap mara farming build with us? or, if you followed a guide, point us to which one? I gather that you are suggesting to make one farmer build to fund the other builds you might want to be creative with?
"
MullaXul wrote:
GGG with the last minute RF adjustments. Thanks, I hope your plans for pvp adjustments throughout 1.1.x are deserved and well thought out. I.E Righteous Fire,Puncture and anything that you can basically afk on enter and cheese victories with. Lets hope pvp becomes something people with hands and brains get to enjoy one day. Doubt nerds walking into eachother with RF on was your ideal pvp image. Nor was puncturing someone with a critical or 800dps weapon, jailing them so they can't even move = instant death...or watching people 1hit themselves on Molten Shells. I don't know what goes through your heads but you're all really good at fucking with us, then delivering something great. So it keeps alot of us bitching and moaning but still playing knowing it'll work out in the end.

+1 well said
"
"
Adjusted the PVP scaling of Righteous Fire and Searing Bond. These have only been conservatively adjusted. A more thorough adjustment to PVP scaling of skills will be ongoing throughout 1.1.x.

As a long long time player of many online games

I HATE this sentence SOOOOOO much.

Why can noone make a serpate pvp leage with all items to choose and then the best buile / player wins.

Why all time the same bullshit.

that is for pvp and u dont even pvp plz dont hate and enjoy ur pve thx!
Buff caster damage. Nerf reflect counters.

Because suicide is fun.
honestly, I'm a little upset about the BoR nerf. I've spent a long time trying to get one, still dont have one, and now that I almost have enough currency, they are nerfing it, so the price of the legacy ones will skyrocket even more. Swear these guys are out to get me.
Nemo saltat sobrius
"
MackBesmirch wrote:
Wait a minute, you won't even be able to get an item quantity gem from quest rewards anymore?

Item Quantity gems haven't been quest rewards for some time. I'm not sure exactly when, but the Internet seems to think 1.0.0. So the only way you've been able to get it for a while is as a drop, and that won't be available anymore either. IIQ is altogether long gone, except for a bit left on some unique items.

And buying items from before the patch, of course.
"
Chittebengo wrote:
I "get" the spell totem cast speed change in light of changes to spell/elemental damage, but how do we justify the ranged attack totem?

Further more, my current build uses dual spell totems for Summon Raging Spirit, not affected by spell damage, so this is a direct and medium level nerf to the damage I can do with that set up. 30% less is a pretty steep hit for my build, but adding on the 50% less damage already on totems still seems harsh for any actual spell.

I'd personally love seeing this changed to 15 - 20% less, or just leaving it as additive as there aren't a lot of viable spell totem builds at the moment. Nothing that people are swarming the forums with like they did with low life, rf, sporker back in OB before it was nerfed hard.

This feels like a preemptive, proposed nerf to totems, not a direct response to any immediate OP totem build.

+11111111. Same thing here with dual spell totems for Summon Raging Spirits. It's not OP, and yet fun to play for me (funny to watch mostly). Without good enough buffs to caster/totem cast speed passives, spells like SRS take a big hit from that spell totem nerf with no way to compensate, unlike elemental damage spells which are getting damage buffs.

IGN: Annamelia (Incursion)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info