1.1.0 Patch Notes - Sacrifice of the Vaal

"
Dheim wrote:
As a returning player (played in beta then stopped) this is exactly how I view the situation as well. I'm not upset if someone is way more powerful than me, I'm upset because I have only ever found two exalts from drops and seeing stuff up for 40 exalts that is pivotal to builds I want to play sucks.

Not to sound harsh or anything, but do you guys seriously think that you have to actually get exalt orb drops to buy expensive items? Pick a build that is efficient at farming a zone (any zone that you don't get exp penalties on, can even be white 66/67 maps), and drop as much IIR as you can into your build and try to fit the gem into your links. Now pick up all the yellows you get (should be a metric fuck-ton), and convert to alts.

Repeat that a hell of a lot for a couple hours a day. It's not really the most "fun", but if you enjoy making currency you'll love it. You can easily farm 10-12 ex worth in ~15-20 hours (about a week of playing), and if you can do that in piety/dom/maps then you have a large number of chances to get good uniques as well (aaaaand the loads of trash uniques too).

Spend a few weeks farming and doing the boring stuff and then buy that unique you've been dying to get and build that sexy build you've been wanting to play. In the end you'll also feel a hell of a lot better about it and it will feel like one of the most amazing things you've done in the game. It's well worth the wait.

For record, I bought a 6L searing touch after months of saving up, and then recently decided to try some new stuff and traded it for:

The great thing is that when you buy high end uniques, they usually only go up in value, and if you ever get bored of the build you get to turn the big items in and put them towards your next favorite or pet build. I promise you, as someone who can't no-life like I used to, and indeed would enjoy doing, saving up and buying those big ticket uniques after hours of grinding out normal merveil is unbelievably satisfying and well worth the wait.

Now I'll be re-rolling in ambush because the chests look fantastic, and I have an amazing leveling spec worked out for a fire witch that is probably going to get a huge buff with the elemental damage nodes.
Nerfing VP was fine. Nerfing it AND moving it, making it almost inaccessible for life based shadows?

I really hope that particular alpha change to the tree doesn't stick.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Update (March 4) - added the following notes:
  • Increased the damage of Fireball at low and high levels.
  • Increased the damage of the following skills at low levels: Spark, Cold Snap, Ice Spear and to a lesser extent, Freezing Pulse and Storm Call.
  • Monster Unrighteous Fire now deals a controlled value of fire damage, rather than being based on maximum life.
  • Improvements have been made to early cast speed passives in the Witch and Shadow sections and to early attack speed and life passives in the Shadow section. We're investigating more detailed revamps of the caster classes (Witch, Templar and Shadow) in the future.
  • Adjusted the PVP scaling of Righteous Fire and Searing Bond. These have only been conservatively adjusted. A more thorough adjustment to PVP scaling of skills will be ongoing throughout 1.1.x.

Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Who's leg you gota hump to get some chaos spells?
PVP SCALING ====== BRILLIANT IDEA.

Now you don't have to worry about decent pve builds dominating pvp. I for one am glad I don't have to divest my righteous fire marauder. So fun to play.
"PVP Scaling" meaning that these skills will only do the adjusted damage in PvP arenas and not PvE?
BM nerfed :O
Question is how many. Lets see how does it work :-)
"
Chris wrote:

[li]Monster Unrighteous Fire now deals a controlled value of fire damage, rather than being based on maximum life.[/li]

possible to get any values??? big change for summoners, want to know if still viable
Rampage: xGyoX
nerf RF and searing bond on PVE also.

Nerf to scion was too much. now she sucks...
IGN: Pumar, Pumam , PumarR , PumaPunch , PumaWander , PumaCleave, PumaSlams
Last edited by ropumar on Mar 5, 2014, 12:44:12 AM
"
Z3roSh0t wrote:
"
Dheim wrote:
As a returning player (played in beta then stopped) this is exactly how I view the situation as well. I'm not upset if someone is way more powerful than me, I'm upset because I have only ever found two exalts from drops and seeing stuff up for 40 exalts that is pivotal to builds I want to play sucks.

Not to sound harsh or anything, but do you guys seriously think that you have to actually get exalt orb drops to buy expensive items? Pick a build that is efficient at farming a zone (any zone that you don't get exp penalties on, can even be white 66/67 maps), and drop as much IIR as you can into your build and try to fit the gem into your links. Now pick up all the yellows you get (should be a metric fuck-ton), and convert to alts.

Repeat that a hell of a lot for a couple hours a day. It's not really the most "fun", but if you enjoy making currency you'll love it. You can easily farm 10-12 ex worth in ~15-20 hours (about a week of playing), and if you can do that in piety/dom/maps then you have a large number of chances to get good uniques as well (aaaaand the loads of trash uniques too).

While I appreciate the insight, I'm not quite so sure that your numbers are realistic. I say this based on a Piety farming character that I have with around 100 IIQ and better than 300 IIR, in which I average about an exalted orb of profit every two hours. That would make 7-10 in your 15-20 hours of playing (that's getting in somewhere in the neighborhood of 14-15 Piety runs per hour). Seldom does sellable gear drop in that run unless you get lucky on a ring (oops, that won't happen anymore with no IIQ on rings) or a good unique, but it's very, very lucky when that happens.

Now add to that the fact that to get a 100 IIQ/300 IIR build now, you're going to have to spend a load of exalts. Any new/returning player is going to have zero chance of getting that kind of gear.

Yes, Piety farming is the best way to get up some currency to buy high level stuff, and it still will be with the patch. But there's just no way that a new-ish player is going to be able to get the kind of return that you're talking about.
Last edited by Barandis on Mar 5, 2014, 12:47:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info