1.1.0 Patch Notes - Sacrifice of the Vaal

"
Chris wrote:
Update (March 4) - added the following notes:
    <snip>
  • Monster Unrighteous Fire now deals a controlled value of fire damage, rather than being based on maximum life.
  • </snip>

So you've basically wrecked Burned Miscreations like you did to the Shaggy Monstrosity?

Looks like it's time for me to find another game if so.
"
z3nny_1 wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Update (March 4) - added the following notes:
    <snip>
  • Monster Unrighteous Fire now deals a controlled value of fire damage, rather than being based on maximum life.
  • </snip>

So you've basically wrecked Burned Miscreations like you did to the Shaggy Monstrosity?

Looks like it's time for me to find another game if so.

They were OP as fuck, and you saying that without them you won't even play proves my point.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
"
khemintiri wrote:
"
D_o_g_f wrote:

Rich people have IIQ gems/OP IIQ sets. Rich people farm currency at an accelerated rate compared to normal. Inflation occurs due to an influx of items/currency. Inflation is normal, but normal players who don't have the IIQ sets won't keep up with it, while new players become more and more screwed because high end non legacy items needed to complete end-game become more expensive, but the currency drop rate for new players doesn't change at all.

inflation in the real world and the game doesn't work the same way though, the good items lets say dual high res + life will become increasingly common, therefore the price will go down , couple of chaos pherhaps . collectors items and legacy items go up in price, ordinary good items go down.

Therefore it is never harder for a new player to start in standard/hardcore leagues , its easier .I can fathom someone saying standard and hardcore will become to easy one day , but saying its unfair and hard for new players is not by any means logical.

Legacy items are fun for people who have them , let them feel powerful it does not impair another persons gameplay , the game is now balanced around the new items , they are sufficient and will still feel very powerful.

In 4 months some new items will come out that becomes legacy , the new players who didnt have any legacy items will then have some , feel nice about themselves and so the cycle goes on.

Yes the players who started the earliest will have some items some people might never have , and it will make them happy.
But only jealousy and greed would make a person feel worse for seing another person happy, and the fault then lies not in GGG but in the person feeling jealous , no ?

In the end i know im not changing anyone's mind , just my 2 cents .

You make a good point, khemintiri, in that new players and casual players aren't necessarily impaired by experienced and older players owning OP legacy gear, however, I also agree with D_o_g_f that OP legacy gear does give players an unfair advantage farming. Depending on the legacy gear they have, their defense and/or offense and/or clear speed and/or magic find enables them to quickly and efficiently clear difficult content and therefore increase their chances of finding good gear, which, if they already are OP with legacy gear, will probably sell... rich get richer even if the poor don't necessarily become "poorer". Optimistically, on the other hand, if enough OP legacy gear framers find enough great gear and sell it, we might end up with a designer outlet mall in which there is more supply to meet demands and the most coveted gear becomes more affordable because it is more common. Then we'll be thanking the OP legacy farmers. Who knows?

Personally, I'm not as upset about the legacy stuff as I am about some of the other patch notes... it does irk me, but more because of the principle of the matter: OP legacy gear is hypocritical if the reason it was nerfed in the first place was to better balance the game. Instead of nerfing uniques, why not just decrease their drop rate? New uniques are being added all the time and we already know that GGG can control the drop rate per unique item. That way, the people who were lucky enough to find the gear have found it and the rest of us never found it anyway -- and finding uniques is a chance roll per kill, not a guaranteed cumulative merit system, so who cares? Or, seeing as now certain stuff can only be dropped by Atziri, why not restrict certain OP uniques to be dropped in certain maps or by certain bosses? I mean, a unique item's stats is not the same as changing a node on the passive tree or like changing a fundamental mechanic from additive to multiplicative. It's not going to change the entire game for everyone -- just for the person who has it. And, like I mentioned earlier, that person might be the only one capable of crazy farming, so that might affect the economy anyhow. Maybe increase the change of mirror drops across the board while we're at it!

As for the league economies... Standard by its very nature will be inflated. It's the only league that is "forever". It's like Hades, the underworld... eventually, everyone goes there. It's an afterlife economy that is both a "museum" as someone put it earlier, as well as a sandbox, where you can test new builds. It is heaven or hell, depending on your attitude. GGG wants us to play the new leagues. It's almost as if Standard only exists so we don't bitch about losing all of our hard work every 4 months. Personally, I have had this notion all wrong until now. I have been hoarding quest rewards and drops and leveling gear in Standard since Open Beta. I have over 100 stash tabs to organize all my junk. I kept it all so when I want to try a new build, I have gear and gems for it and I don't have to trade. I can just level it up and try it out. My mistake here is that that was the end for me. I was only playing "sandbox" style characters. New leagues make it harder and even more fun at times because I have no safety net. GGG said long ago that this game was about making tough choices and that it was designed to be gritty, survivalist, and difficult. I mean, we ARE playing the storyline of an exile washed up on the beach. I'm only really understanding this now. Standard is not where I will invest my time any longer. Standard is a laboratory and a memorial; the new leagues are where the action is.

HOWEVER... as a casual player who would be more hardcore if I did not work 40 hrs a week (how do you think I could afford 100 tabs?!) and have other hobbies and a romantic and social life, I DO find it really hard to get through merciless act 3 in a new league with a new character in 4 months while also trying to earn some uniques in races. I LIKE that the new leagues are 4 months. I agree with that. But I guess the "tough choices" theme of POE is a metagame.

RIP BM's you shall be missed!

Let's just hope they're on par with everything else, not nerfed into uselessness like the bears...

I dream that one day I will have legacy moonsorrows and ignomons. One day.[/quote]

are legacy moonsorrows and ignomons really worth anything?[/quote]

Not at all. Maybe 1alch
"Adjusted the PVP scaling of Righteous Fire and Searing Bond. These have only been conservatively adjusted. A more thorough adjustment to PVP scaling of skills will be ongoing throughout 1.1.x."

is this a nerf or what going on? hopefully its a nerf rf too op in pvp its a right direction u guys are doing this scale the fire dmg down in pvp make it normal in pve otherwise death in 1sec vs a good rf
Last edited by googie337 on Mar 5, 2014, 12:58:12 AM
"
Barandis wrote:
"
Z3roSh0t wrote:
"
Dheim wrote:
As a returning player (played in beta then stopped) this is exactly how I view the situation as well. I'm not upset if someone is way more powerful than me, I'm upset because I have only ever found two exalts from drops and seeing stuff up for 40 exalts that is pivotal to builds I want to play sucks.

Not to sound harsh or anything, but do you guys seriously think that you have to actually get exalt orb drops to buy expensive items? Pick a build that is efficient at farming a zone (any zone that you don't get exp penalties on, can even be white 66/67 maps), and drop as much IIR as you can into your build and try to fit the gem into your links. Now pick up all the yellows you get (should be a metric fuck-ton), and convert to alts.

Repeat that a hell of a lot for a couple hours a day. It's not really the most "fun", but if you enjoy making currency you'll love it. You can easily farm 10-12 ex worth in ~15-20 hours (about a week of playing), and if you can do that in piety/dom/maps then you have a large number of chances to get good uniques as well (aaaaand the loads of trash uniques too).

While I appreciate the insight, I'm not quite so sure that your numbers are realistic. I say this based on a Piety farming character that I have with around 100 IIQ and better than 300 IIR, in which I average about an exalted orb of profit every two hours. That would make 7-10 in your 15-20 hours of playing (that's getting in somewhere in the neighborhood of 14-15 Piety runs per hour). Seldom does sellable gear drop in that run unless you get lucky on a ring (oops, that won't happen anymore with no IIQ on rings) or a good unique, but it's very, very lucky when that happens.

Now add to that the fact that to get a 100 IIQ/300 IIR build now, you're going to have to spend a load of exalts. Any new/returning player is going to have zero chance of getting that kind of gear.

Yes, Piety farming is the best way to get up some currency to buy high level stuff, and it still will be with the patch. But there's just no way that a new-ish player is going to be able to get the kind of return that you're talking about.

With a cheap tanky mara that has half the mf stats you do I make oneish ex worth of currency every two hours of piety grinding. This is how I've made starter currency for all four of my mains, it's really not that hard if you enjoy this play style. I admit this isn't for everyone, but for the most part POE is built to be played this way and is attractive to people that don't mind this . . .
Sometimes you get the bull, sometimes the bull gets you . . .
GGG with the last minute RF adjustments. Thanks, I hope your plans for pvp adjustments throughout 1.1.x are deserved and well thought out. I.E Righteous Fire,Puncture and anything that you can basically afk on enter and cheese victories with. Lets hope pvp becomes something people with hands and brains get to enjoy one day. Doubt nerds walking into eachother with RF on was your ideal pvp image. Nor was puncturing someone with a critical or 800dps weapon, jailing them so they can't even move = instant death...or watching people 1hit themselves on Molten Shells. I don't know what goes through your heads but you're all really good at fucking with us, then delivering something great. So it keeps alot of us bitching and moaning but still playing knowing it'll work out in the end.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Just had a BoR drop - only had 124% IIR, on my only hero a shitty lvl 74 Maurader.
Thanks GGG I can enter the new patch with a smile on my facing knowing that in a few months from now I can sell it for ungodly amounts of exalted orbs.

Cheers!
i am looking forward to the new races!

PLEASE REMOVE LEGACY ITEMS

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info