1.1.0 Patch Notes - Sacrifice of the Vaal

Just like to say i have almost all of these legacy unique. Should be happy right.

No....
I
agree with the poster above YOU ARE CREATING A society THAT MIRRORS THE USA...

Those that have (Small percentage)
Those that have not (Most of the population)

If i needed anymore reason to leave Standard behind and head into your new leagues for entertainment and fair balance ...

Yes i'll still play but seems to me i'll only ever play new leagues now, at least i'll get to feel that i'm on an even footing.
Last edited by Weaz on Mar 5, 2014, 4:09:09 AM
I think what many of you newer players fail to realize is that without a ladder things will get stagnant. Part of what kept players going back to d2 is the excitement of the ladder starting over and getting to do it all over again. Many of you new players I'm guessing are used to playing mmos where you are able to keep your wealth for years and years. That's just not how arpgs work and we have seen what happens to games that don't have a ladder *cough D3* so at least give the ladder system a chance, its not what you are used to but you may enjoy it.
With a new ladder everyone is equal and even new players have a chance to get wealthy, You may be the first to find an item or sell some low level items for way more than they are worth. And if you choose to play non ladder its not like they are erasing your items , its always there for you.
just my two cents on the matter :P
Vau, after i saw new skill tree, i am not even sure i want to play anymore, everything seems so fucked......

Casters will be shit same as they were, since 2 nodes going from 12 to 16 spell dmg increase is fucking insult, cast speed nodes stayed the same, crit and crit multi are nerfed, totems nerfed, no penetration whatsoever, so mobs will have 1000000 ele resists still, ES nodes buffs were - 4 nodes going from 6 to 8%, many life nodes were nerfed from 8 to 6%.

Also to me it seems that you need to get many more +10 str/dex/int nodes to get anywhere and pick some usefull and fun things, so 90% of the tree you pick up life or ES nodes and those +10 nodes, depending what you want to build.

All in all fucking fail imo. Game is loosing its fun factor with each patch.
Who cares about Standart anyway LOL.

It's a place where you can have fun with your dead builds, nothing more.
"
Seigi_ wrote:
Who cares about Standart anyway LOL.

It's a place where you can have fun with your dead builds, nothing more.

This is true. GGG made standard a trash league and each new patch confirms it, adding tons of legacy bullcrap. Unfortunately I enjoyed having stable progression for my builds more than temporary leagues environment.

Apparently devs are trying to convince people like me that PoE is not suited for us. Shame :(
IGN:
ZENofWar [lvl 88 Blood magic cyclone Marauder]
ZENofArts [lvl 80 Cast on crit Quill Rain Scion]
I had three, arguably four characters I like to play using.

The patches here make just about all of them just about unplayable.

Furthermore, was IIQ really that gamebreaking? Economy-breaking maybe? If it's economy breaking why is it now cloistered to legacy? Not like making the rich richer (both by owning legacy gear and by using it to farm better) helps the economy.

In theory I think "legacy" is the best way to handle nerfs to outstanding gear. People don't lose their items but things don't remain broken.

In practice however, HOW many things are now legacy? Consolidating the wealth to only those who got there first. And they'll always be for sale, too... just in prices only those WITH the wealth can afford. As mentioned by someone else, it's similar to classism.

Oh, so it's about ignoring Standard economy and letting newer things develop in other leagues?

... What if I don't want to start again every four months?

Hardcore, huh... how's that lag by the way?

"First 50" ... does anyone have the stats on how many hundreds of thousands of people play the game? I guess that's just cosmetic so I don't really care. But the piece of shiny string dangling over the impossibly-large pit just insults me a bit. Statistically speaking it is impossible for me to get this sort of thing.

I looked at the new tree... if I had seen this when I picked the game back up again a few weeks ago (a month? Hard to remember) I would probably not have redownloaded the game.

I may quit again. I'm just suddenly disinterested in trying to make a build work with half the useful nodes. I guess MY one or two legacy items can just be removed from the economy. Silver lining, right?
"
I looked at the new tree...

Where is the new tree ?
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
"
zriL wrote:
"

Where is the new tree ?

Well I found it here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1zlt62/updated_for_110_offline_skill_tree_calculator/

It seems legit.
"
zriL wrote:
"

Where is the new tree ?

on reddit ofc, where else?
How stupid are you people...Every game with free trade will always have a small % that are rich and can afford anything and most people poor/middle class who dont have any top end gear. Thats what makes top end gear epic is the fact that its super rare. If you dont like it yea go play D3 they ruined all social aspects and made the game boring as hell. Legacy items are in the game and 1 day when you get an awsome drop u will be able to afford them, play game more whine less. Also I am not rich at all the total of all my gear is like worth a mirror if im lucky. GLHF!
IGN: IGonnaGetDrunkNDieAgain
If you PM me on site PLZ leave your IGN.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info