1.1.0 Patch Notes - Sacrifice of the Vaal

I suppose divining a pair of "new" (8% all res) rainbowstride won't affect the all res mod?
"
khemintiri wrote:
"
D_o_g_f wrote:

Rich people have IIQ gems/OP IIQ sets. Rich people farm currency at an accelerated rate compared to normal. Inflation occurs due to an influx of items/currency. Inflation is normal, but normal players who don't have the IIQ sets won't keep up with it, while new players become more and more screwed because high end non legacy items needed to complete end-game become more expensive, but the currency drop rate for new players doesn't change at all.

inflation in the real world and the game doesn't work the same way though, the good items lets say dual high res + life will become increasingly common, therefore the price will go down , couple of chaos pherhaps . collectors items and legacy items go up in price, ordinary good items go down.

Therefore it is never harder for a new player to start in standard/hardcore leagues , its easier .I can fathom someone saying standard and hardcore will become to easy one day , but saying its unfair and hard for new players is not by any means logical.

Legacy items are fun for people who have them , let them feel powerful it does not impair another persons gameplay , the game is now balanced around the new items , they are sufficient and will still feel very powerful.

In 4 months some new items will come out that becomes legacy , the new players who didnt have any legacy items will then have some , feel nice about themselves and so the cycle goes on.

Yes the players who started the earliest will have some items some people might never have , and it will make them happy.
But only jealousy and greed would make a person feel worse for seing another person happy, and the fault then lies not in GGG but in the person feeling jealous , no ?

In the end i know im not changing anyone's mind , just my 2 cents .

^^^ this guy gets it.

Its easier in standard. You seen that crazy axe matey posted up earlier? Its mental, the item only exists because of standards economy, its way more op than any legacy unique and a result of those items existing along with mirrors is that anything less than that item is worth less than a mirror. The rich dont gather wealth then drain the best items away, they gather, spend it on crating and raise the standard of gear on the server, they dont suck up all the good gear like they did in D3.

"
MackBesmirch wrote:

You make a good point, khemintiri, in that new players and casual players aren't necessarily impaired by experienced and older players owning OP legacy gear, however, I also agree with D_o_g_f that OP legacy gear does give players an unfair advantage farming. Depending on the legacy gear they have, their defense and/or offense and/or clear speed and/or magic find enables them to quickly and efficiently clear difficult content and therefore increase their chances of finding good gear, which, if they already are OP with legacy gear, will probably sell... rich get richer even if the poor don't necessarily become "poorer". Optimistically, on the other hand, if enough OP legacy gear framers find enough great gear and sell it, we might end up with a designer outlet mall in which there is more supply to meet demands and the most coveted gear becomes more affordable because it is more common. Then we'll be thanking the OP legacy farmers. Who knows?

I think you over value these legacy uniques. Top players arnt usually using them. Hegemony who does the podcasts with Aux and the GGG team recently streamed hitting 100 in standard with a crazy op Witch. Hes using a BoR... as a skin on his uber op Hubris circlet or whatever he wears. Hes not using an Aegis for a shield like my Ci crit witch, hes using a top rolled Archon Kite shield. I found my Aegis, at the time they were 4 ex, then they went up to 14 when they got popular. 14ex vs his shield which is probably mirror only therefor like 150-200 exalts. Why do you think people used 150 exalt shields at a time when a legacy Aegis was 14?

this is what people dont get, extremely rich players with the most op characters on the server dont give a shit about legacy uniques. Not because they can easily afford them, they dont even want them, theyre trash compared to the items they have. Yellow items that have been crafted almost to perfection and can still be crafted now by people with 100s - 1000s of exalts on hand. Legacy uniques are a drop in an ocean of wealth and power gathered by the top 5% of the server over the last year in standard. In time they will fade away, lost on inactive accounts, but there will always be the top 5% of people and they will always have better gear than everyone else.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
Legacy uniques are a drop in an ocean of wealth and power gathered by the top 5% of the server over the last year in standard. In time they will fade away, lost on inactive accounts, but there will always be the top 5% of people and they will always have better gear than everyone else.
That's not better.
can someone explain this > "All Support Gems now support values up to level 30"

tnx in advance
Corruption Candidate? It has 2 good stats 3 if your short on strength? But otherwise kind of BLAH.

God_of_Thieves_LLD_PVP__I hate the Labyrinth
Last edited by ripnburn69 on Mar 5, 2014, 6:37:10 AM
"
BoondockSaint wrote:
"
zriL wrote:
"
I looked at the new tree...

Where is the new tree ?

on reddit ofc, where else?

Vaal pact is moving next to bezerking if this tree is correct. Which means it is more accesible for everyone. Which is good it is now a mele and everyone else node and not just CI with ghost reaver. I'm really liking Marauder start too.

Last edited by ripnburn69 on Mar 5, 2014, 7:03:08 AM
will new leagues contain old quiver uniques (blackgleam/broadstroke) or they are also removed along with their normal/magic/rare versions ?
Hardcore @_Arroway_
Last edited by mefitis16 on Mar 5, 2014, 7:00:44 AM
"
ripnburn69 wrote:
Vaal pact is moving next to bezerking if this tree is correct. Which means it is more accesible for everyone. Which is good it is now a mele and everyone else node and not just CI with ghost reaver.

Since people tend to grab Iron Reflexes in almost every build, it is NOT a better placement. rather some indirect nerf to IR for melee life, and a direct nerf to VP for CI builds.
To learn is to live...
"
Stakhanov wrote:
"
ripnburn69 wrote:
Vaal pact is moving next to bezerking if this tree is correct. Which means it is more accesible for everyone. Which is good it is now a mele and everyone else node and not just CI with ghost reaver.

Since people tend to grab Iron Reflexes in almost every build, it is NOT a better placement. rather some indirect nerf to IR for melee life, and a direct nerf to VP for CI builds.

With the changes to over all life leach. I'm thinking allot more builds are going to work it in.
"
lukeiy wrote:
"
z3nny_1 wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Update (March 4) - added the following notes:
    <snip>
  • Monster Unrighteous Fire now deals a controlled value of fire damage, rather than being based on maximum life.
  • </snip>

So you've basically wrecked Burned Miscreations like you did to the Shaggy Monstrosity?

Looks like it's time for me to find another game if so.

They were OP as fuck, and you saying that without them you won't even play proves my point.

What point was that you had? "OP" is an opinion. Allow me to explain my point of view, since you have thus far lacked elaboration:

Background: I've been a summoner since Diablo II 1.09d. Over 10 years ago. I quit when they wrecked my build with their 1.10 patch. Here, I was running BMs since before they got buffed by the now-infamous "DoT patch". I was running them in the Anarchy league. I like to play as a summoner, because it's kick-back, casual, and I tend to kill mice with my huge mitts as it is, I don't need a fucking clickfest that melee or ranged builds require. Also, summoning tends to be an inexpensive build in PoE unless you decide to be an elitist. I've seen both sides of the proverbial coin on that score.

I love summoners. My summoner is my pride and joy. I run a summoners-only guild. I run high level maps, and I alch almost every 73+ map I run and every 75+. My so-called "OP" BMs have been wiped out many times in maps - before and after the Offering gems - by mobs that would make most builds' balls tuck up. There's plenty of challenge there - I don't need anything fucking up my farming routine in maps - and this "nerf" to valuable members of my team will likely do just that.

Burned Miscreations are very fragile, snapshotting or no. Maybe on n00bfarming bullshit like doing Piety or Dominus runs they could be considered "OP", but try running them on any map with chaining, multiproj, shocking ground mods - even with the best 20/20 gems on 6L. Try that again on 75+ maps. Run 76 Crematorium with L77 map BMs and see how long they live under Magaera's firestorm. Try it with dual boss. There are a ton of map mods and mobs that spawn within those maps that can wreck your leveling progress real quicklike.

lukeiy I've seen your profile, and your best character is a L80 shadow. In my humble opinion you aint done _shit_. I'm almost L93 and I bust my ass for what little I got, same as many people on here - maybe even you. For you to arbitrarily condescend to me with your comparatively no-dick bullshit makes me laugh and only justifies why I could leave this game - like I did Diablo II - and not regret it should I do so. No sir, you have proved _my_ point. It's the fucking no-challenge whiners that group up and say "oh this is ruining PoE plz nerf kk" but yet haven't even challenged themselves in this game and lobby for nerfs that are ruining this ridiculous gamblefest.

TL;DR: Anyone who says BMs are OP hasn't challenged themself enough. Anyone who says otherwise, is IMHO, full of shit. Grow some balls and use some alchemy orbs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info