Path of Exile: Sacrifice of the Vaal Full Information

1 question:
Does invasion league really have a unique boss in every zone? I'm afraid this could be EASILY exploited, I hope you carefully thought this out. Couldn't someone just abuse waypoints or entrances on smaller zones like tidal island or city of Sarn? Also, does this apply to maps as well?

now for analysis:

Wow implicit mods are just insane now, all I can say is the PoE wikis have their work cut out for them. The player base will really have to work together to find out the extent of vaal orbs uses. You really thought of a great way to make full use of the currencies without changing them, I'm very impressed. The values of vaal orbs, regals, and blessed orbs just skyrocketed. I could speculate endlessly but I'd rather just play the game and find out for myself. I am ready!
I wonder if Hillock-Senpai will notice me when I go to town??
"
keeper190786 wrote:
"
Zaqwert wrote:
Can eternal orbs be used to snapshot an item and restore it after its been corrupted?

If not I don't think people will like corrupted orbs much, as they could potentially permanently ruin a great item.

even if eternal dont work, ur item wouldnt get worse with it

Actually it can, one of the possible outcomes of the vaal orb was rerolling your item, which would suck if it rerolled a really good item :P
"
ggnorekthx wrote:
Cool stuff, but I'm more interested in changes that really impact me - the skill tree balance changes, changes to IIQ, etc.

I'll probably never kill Atziri if she's Merc only, because end game bosses are nothing but shit half the time.

Either way, hoping Invasion will not include more Storm Herald and Corrupting Blood nonsense. If it just involves the whole game being like maps, I'm not sure how I feel about it. These new Vaal ruins that pop up should be fun.

So... skill tree update please? :)

you QQ about the game being too hard, yet you play on hardcore?

LOL
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
"
StrayYoshi wrote:
1 question:
Does invasion league really have a unique boss in every zone? I'm afraid this could be EASILY exploited, I hope you carefully thought this out. Couldn't someone just abuse waypoints or entrances on smaller zones like tidal island or city of Sarn? Also, does this apply to maps as well?

The game already has a unique monster in most zones. As long as there isn't a reliable way of getting one near the waypoint, it won't be any more abusable than it already is.
So Corruption means that you can't chromatic OR mirror an item that's been affected by a vaal orb? That's a game-changer.
Standard and hardcore just got sexier.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
Secret Corrupted Areas

As you explore Wraeclast, you'll occasionally find Vaal-influenced secret areas that are indicated by a glowing, beating heart and swirling ribbons of blood. These corrupted areas have magical properties, similar to end-game maps, which substantially increase their difficulty. At the heart of each corrupted area is a new boss monster, guarding a chest that is guaranteed to drop a Vaal Skill Gem or Vaal Fragment. As corrupted areas require some effort to find and have mods that make them more difficult than normal, you'll often want to invite friends to help you clear the area.

As a predominantly solo player, can't say this is really what I was hoping for (but pretty much what I expected). Seems the power creep towards party play continues.

However, overall very excited and looking forward the challenges.
Why are you guys holding out on us with the skill tree? People want to know how their builds are going to be affected.

I mean you post the Sadima's with the nerfed iiq so surely every flipper in scrubcore is already buying them up.

At least releasing the tree changes wouldn't affect the economy to any significant degree.
"
The first 50 players in each of the new challenge leagues to kill Atziri and the other bosses on her special level will receive an exclusive cosmetic microtransaction effect that only comes from this competition.

That sounds a little like when I brought my supporter pack and got the kiwi pet that could not be obtained anywhere else ever. This is all fine and dandy but over a year later, my Kiwi's AI is still broken. Come on GGG, fix some long standing issues please. PM me if you really need a more accurate description of this very easy to replicate bug. Cheers.

I think I'll give the 4 month Ambush league a try this time, didn't do Domination, should be all good fun :)
"
rdx1312 wrote:
I have played the game only since a couple of months. Do I need to create new players to play new leagues or can I just carry forward my existing characters in that league?

Yep you need to create all new chars in the new league, basically you start with nothing again :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info