Path of Exile: Sacrifice of the Vaal Full Information

I think that rather than "killing" players, the Hardcore leagues should also focus more on fun. Domination had shrines, and now Ambush has the boxes, it seems like the Hardcore leagues really get the shaft. I mean sure, more difficulty is fine and I'll be playing HC anyway, but I feel like there can be a little more ingenuity there to really add gameplay value.

GREAT JOB with the Vaal Areas that drop vaal skill gems and fragments though. A super difficult, penultimate boss encounter is cool to see. While gem slots already seem stretched pretty thin, the added customization of the vaal gems seems really cool.

I'm not sure why cut-throat is really mentioned, it's not new. You mentioned leagues, or long-term cut-throat events, but that really doesn't say much. What would be new is a PvP cut-throat mode that you can challenge another player to in any league (like normal PvP), THAT would be interesting (although it probably wouldn't see too much attention in HC leagues lol).

10/10 for the Vaal Areas with modifiers and Vaal skill gems.
Where did you guys read that they were gonna re-do the skill tree? And if they do, what happens to existing characters? Do they get skill point refunds?
awesome....
Pretty neat idea that I could finally have some map experience with the new corrupted areas.
Cos I always die before merciless Library and I only play hardcore. (shed
don't even English
You're killing me! So we get the new passive tree on the 3rd??
"
Pendoza wrote:
"
Pacificstar wrote:
Why not release on a weekend?!

This! Really crap spawning it midweek. People have to work to be able to give you money! Now only the people with work have a disadvantage.. very disappointed.

Game companies often release large content expansions midweek so if bugs appear they can get a patch up and ready by the weekend when more people will be playing.
I do have a few questions regarding the Vaal orb:

1) If a gem that is sub-20 quality gains the quality bonus (raising it from, say, 13 to 16%) or a low level gem gains a level (from 11 to 12, say), then will those items be able to be upgraded to 23% and to level 21? Or is the cap for the item not increased, and the gem is just given a one-time addition that can make it go over the cap if it's already there?

2) Does currency not being able to be applied to a corrupted item mean that mirrors will not be able to be used on a corrupted item?

"
kaerrevival wrote:
Where did you guys read that they were gonna re-do the skill tree? And if they do, what happens to existing characters? Do they get skill point refunds?

I don't have proof for you, but it was mentioned a while back that the Shadow portion of the skill tree would probably get changed. There's been no confirmation of skill tree changes, but it's very likely. Since there's been nothing announced, my guess is that if there are changes, only characters that are affected (currently have points in passives that got changed or moved) would get full respecs.
"
Finnien wrote:
I do have a few questions regarding the Vaal orb:

1) If a gem that is sub-20 quality gains the quality bonus (raising it from, say, 13 to 16%) or a low level gem gains a level (from 11 to 12, say), then will those items be able to be upgraded to 23% and to level 21? Or is the cap for the item not increased, and the gem is just given a one-time addition that can make it go over the cap if it's already there?

2) Does currency not being able to be applied to a corrupted item mean that mirrors will not be able to be used on a corrupted item?

1) I was curious about this as well. My guess would be it increases MAX level/quality or does nothing. Could be wrong, but that's my thought. You just wouldn't know if I wasn't already max level/quality? idk lol

2) No currency of any form can be applied to a corrupted item, as explicitly stated in this post my Chris that you are looking at. Mirrors are currency, Eternals are currency, and so on.
"
Arrathorn1 wrote:
I think that rather than "killing" players, the Hardcore leagues should also focus more on fun.

Yelling is fun.
don't even English

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info